The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, TOMapleLaughs said:

I'm just not sure if the US public is seeing it that way.

No they don't.  It's all weaponized for political purposes. Even the first response in NY was politicized. Our governor begs for WH to do something, while Kushner's idea was to blame the dems since the worst hit states at the time were Democrat.  Later when it hit the red states, they sought ways to blame it on China, and that it was man made etc.  2020 was election year, and trump was getting impeached in Jan 2020. Worst time for a pandemic. But so was WWI when the 1918 flu hit. US president at the time played it down, called it a flu by a different name. He was only worried about winning the war. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

It's an assertion based on anecdotal evidence and reasonably it makes sense as there are a lot of simply unhealthy people going to the hospital because that's become their lifestyle.  But feel free to discard that opinion.

Your assertion is not supported by data, so it’s nonsensical.  Antivaxxer adults are the problem.  They are the Burden.  

1 minute ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Regardless of data being collected on it or not, I'd expect to see the same over-users burden the system, well past the pandemic.

You can make the same assertion as often as you like.  It’s still nonsense.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

The Maher story was noting dem supporter paranoia in particular.  Anyway, they seem to have transitioned to the next phase a bit more ahead of us.  Not a shock.

they're losing upwards of 50000 a month.  They are not ahead of us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

No, they're not.  Believe it or not, people in civilized countries do not look at what the US is doing positively.

I don't.  Prob. because the US is the top civilized country, and they're not represented by one particular viewpoint on the matter anyway.

The comparica angle doesn't mean much to us in Canada now anyway, imho.  I read that Ontario's top doctor indicated they need to move on.  Bonnie also indicated as such.  Not much really standing in the way of inevitability at this point.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Likely loosening up recruitment and accreditation.

But I'd also expect various advancements in efficiency so that the health system isn't as bogged down by systematic over-users.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! I'll let you go to that doctor first then, let me know how you make out? Come on man, the only job an undertrained doctor or nurse would do under my watch is change bedpans.

• Vintage 2