The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I already called you out yesterday about what you said that went against the Canadian government. Do I honestly need to do it again? 

The big one is we were told directly by Trudeau and our medical officials to stay home as much as possible. And all people coming into the country to quarantine for 14 days whether you have symptoms or not. 

You told people they should be going out and going about their daily lives and that they only need to stay home and isolate if they’re symptomatic. But if they have no symptoms they have nothing to worry about and should just continue to go out and enjoy themselves. 

you are cherry picking and deflecting.  As far as the statement below I clarified it for you.  Sick, stay home and self-isolate from family, No symptoms you could be caring it or not but still limit outings as much as possible and follow all hygiene procedures - done that for over a month now.  Now, look at the guidelines and tell me what I just wrote is wrong.  Again be specific.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s awful.  Sounds like the virus got into the elderly (at risk) community, and once there it couldn’t be stopped.  Seems like we’re doing a good job now of keeping the virus out of care homes and hospitals.  Hard to apply any blame when young people can carry the virus and have no symptoms.  Children visiting their grand parents, or young staff caring for the elderly could easily infect an entire care home.  Now we know about many carrying the virus without showing symptoms.  In Italy (sadly) it sounds like that wasn’t known yet.  

Yeah, and Italy has a LOT of intermingling between age groups because of their family/social nature. Punished for being loving. :sadno:

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Kits beach an hour ago 

2A9531E3-DCFC-4C82-9766-F3D20FCCC716.jpeg

photo not mine. Retweeted by Dan Murphy 

We need rain and lots of it.

But seriously......smh

I was watching people on the West Vanc seawall (not as busy) and saying to myself....I hope these people that are walking closely together are in the same household.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

We need rain and lots of it.

But seriously......smh

I was watching people on the West Vanc seawall (not as busy) and saying to myself....I hope these people that are walking closely together are in the same household.

I think our government has done a good job, and people are educated now.  This looks like younger people (less than 60) out enjoying a nice day.  They are at very low risk, right?  They just need to stay away from the high risk people, because they could have the virus and not show symptoms.  Isn’t that what the most important message is?  

29 minutes ago, samurai said:

you are cherry picking and deflecting.  As far as the statement below I clarified it for you.  Sick, stay home and self-isolate from family, No symptoms you could be caring it or not but still limit outings as much as possible and follow all hygiene procedures - done that for over a month now.  Now, look at the guidelines and tell me what I just wrote is wrong.  Again be specific.

I dunno how much more specific I can get than the direct quotes I pulled from you yesterday.. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Violator said:

How is italy getting hit so hard

High overall age of general population, High smokers and poor diets with high diabetes. People live very close together in towns with high pollution. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

It's not just Italians.  

I have a lot of Punjab friends who vow to continue the daily tradition of spending copious amounts of time with family and friends. It's both crazy and ridiculous how oblivious they are to the situation.  

Add to that the situation on White Rock Pier, what I saw in stores today, what's happening in North Van, and it'll be a miracle if we get out of this in a month.  

&^@# everyone who doesn't take this seriously. Shame everyone who doesn't take this seriously.

We really should know now that staying away from the at risk groups (especially the elderly) is super important.  I feel for the elderly, who are living in extended family situations.  The younger family members are living their lives, and that’s so risky fir the old folks in the house.  

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It's not just Italians.  

I have a lot of Punjab friends who vow to continue the daily tradition of spending copious amounts of time with family and friends. It's both crazy and ridiculous how oblivious they are to the situation.  

Add to that the situation on White Rock Pier, what I saw in stores today, what's happening in North Van, and it'll be a miracle if we get out of this in a month.  

&^@# everyone who doesn't take this seriously. Shame everyone who doesn't take this seriously.

What happened at the pier?

On 3/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

White Rock Pier is packed shoulder to shoulder.

The patios are open and packed as well. 

(I was in my vehicle, did not step foot out there)

But wtf?

damn people are dumb 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2