The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I wonder if there's a different strain in the interior? sounds like you got a worse version. 

I dunno, it's something.  Back to the eating thing, I feel like my brain is actively sabotaging my body.  I'm hungry, but can't eat, exhausted, but can't sleep.

It's so bizarre

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, stawns said:

I dunno, it's something.  Back to the eating thing, I feel like my brain is actively sabotaging my body.  I'm hungry, but can't eat, exhausted, but can't sleep.

It's so bizarre

yeah its really odd. Had a plate of perogies last night, which you usually can't keep me away from and I usually steal some from my wife and daughter. Had to just choke them down last night. 

This am tho I found coffee to be nice to have so hopefully that's a start. 

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this again and again Stawns, I feel for you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I have to believe that some people just get hit harder than others. Remember back in the early days, they were saying that some blood types are more likely to contract the virus than others? Maybe certain blood types (or other physical markers) experience more severe symptoms as well...

A few months ago, I got as sick as I've been in the past decade. Couldn't even get out of bed. I figured that I had finally got Covid, but several tests came back negative. I just had a really bad flu.... Then a couple of weeks later, I got sick again, but I didn't feel anywhere near as bad as I had during that previous illness. Sure enough, I tested positive and although I felt well enough to go back to work after a couple of days, I had to wait a week before I was negative.

Got my second booster on Thursday afternoon and just like my other three shots, I have had zero reaction. Maybe I have the right blood type....:unsure:

@DrJockitch anything to my "theory"?

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yeah its really odd. Had a plate of perogies last night, which you usually can't keep me away from and I usually steal some from my wife and daughter. Had to just choke them down last night. 

This am tho I found coffee to be nice to have so hopefully that's a start. 

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this again and again Stawns, I feel for you. 

tank crossing GIF

Tanks!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I have to believe that some people just get hit harder than others. Remember back in the early days, they were saying that some blood types are more likely to contract the virus than others? Maybe certain blood types (or other physical markers) experience more severe symptoms as well...

A few months ago, I got as sick as I've been in the past decade. Couldn't even get out of bed. I figured that I had finally got Covid, but several tests came back negative. I just had a really bad flu.... Then a couple of weeks later, I got sick again, but I didn't feel anywhere near as bad as I had during that previous illness. Sure enough, I tested positive and although I felt well enough to go back to work after a couple of days, I had to wait a week before I was negative.

Got my second booster on Thursday afternoon and just like my other three shots, I have had zero reaction. Maybe I have the right blood type....:unsure:

I tested+ back in the spring and could barely even notice.  

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Don’t think they ever really figured out why some reacted an some didn’t. There were some clear biomorphic predictors like obesity and age but those were more likely to have serious reactions, there still is some ill-defined x-factor. 
My wife got very ill and I was sleeping in same room with her for 2 days before she tested and never got sick at all. 
‘One of the big take always I took from the pandemic is how much people underestimate the flu. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Don’t think they ever really figured out why some reacted an some didn’t. There were some clear biomorphic predictors like obesity and age but those were more likely to have serious reactions, there still is some ill-defined x-factor. 
My wife got very ill and I was sleeping in same room with her for 2 days before she tested and never got sick at all. 
‘One of the big take always I took from the pandemic is how much people underestimate the flu. 

That's very interesting and with blood types.  Last year, covid hit my mother's household, and she got very sick and she was vaccinated and with a booster.  Others in the household were asymptomatic or did not get covid.  She has a rare blood type and others in the household have a common blood type.  

When I went to the NKOTB concert, a day after the concert I got a notification on my phone through an app that I had been in contact with someone who tested positive for covid.  I am not sure if I got covid or not, but after that I had a head cold.  I was out in the rain, and I do get colds after walking in the rain for long periods of time, so it could have been that, but I don't know.  I did not get tested as it was best to stay home.  

19 minutes ago, brilac said:

That's very interesting and with blood types.  Last year, covid hit my mother's household, and she got very sick and she was vaccinated and with a booster.  Others in the household were asymptomatic or did not get covid.  She has a rare blood type and others in the household have a common blood type.  

When I went to the NKOTB concert, a day after the concert I got a notification on my phone through an app that I had been in contact with someone who tested positive for covid.  I am not sure if I got covid or not, but after that I had a head cold.  I was out in the rain, and I do get colds after walking in the rain for long periods of time, so it could have been that, but I don't know.  I did not get tested as it was best to stay home.  

At this point that is best. This shouldn’t be a COVID thing but if not feeling well, stay away from others.  Basic prevention. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

At this point that is best. This shouldn’t be a COVID thing but if not feeling well, stay away from others.  Basic prevention. 

It only took a pandemic for people to realize that this is best practice. Don’t feel well? Stay home. I don’t want you near me lol.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Also been sick since the day after my birthday, and found out today 2 co workers tested positive, I’m number 3. Have 2 shots plus a booster already just been a bad head cold for me with no appetite and lots of sleep. 

Take it easy Canuck. It's brutal how easy it spreads now. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Take it easy Canuck. It's brutal how easy it spreads now. 

Been very good friends with my bed, amazon prime and netflix these last few days. James May: Our Man in Italy right now. 

maybe I’ll at least get a head start on shedding a few pounds this week. :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Article at: https://globalnews.ca/news/9179440/covid-19-symptoms-changing

From the article:

Sad part is - behaviours have more or less transitioned back in great extent to pre-pandemic actions (ie. little to no health measures taken by the public, such as distancing, masking, or staying the fuck home when displaying symptoms or feeling ill).  Just this morning, I gave the stink-eye to someone who works in my building that was coughing and complaining of feeling sick (and without the common decency to stay at home, or at least put on a mask) - although the elevator ride was less than 30 seconds and I was masked, I still hope I didn't catch whatever she had from her.

well, it may not be that easy. My wife tracked down where we got it from. She took her dad to a doctors office last week, and that was where we got it from. None of the staff there had any symptoms of any kind, but passed it on anyway. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Article at: https://globalnews.ca/news/9179440/covid-19-symptoms-changing

From the article:

Sad part is - behaviours have more or less transitioned back in great extent to pre-pandemic actions (ie. little to no health measures taken by the public, such as distancing, masking, or staying the fuck home when displaying symptoms or feeling ill).  Just this morning, I gave the stink-eye to someone who works in my building that was coughing and complaining of feeling sick (and without the common decency to stay at home, or at least put on a mask) - although the elevator ride was less than 30 seconds and I was masked, I still hope I didn't catch whatever she had from her.

Good news is, as before, those of us who are vaccinated will suffer less symptoms than the idiots who aren’t.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good news is, as before, those of us who are vaccinated will suffer less symptoms than the idiots who aren’t.  

I kind of miss our friend, the academic gene splicer. He had some fun takes on vaccines. 

13 minutes ago, JM_ said:

as obtuse as he was I don't hope for that. Unless he was one of those people willingly walking around sick in public. 

My "I hope they die" list is very, very short

My "I don't care if they live or die" list is longer

My  "hope they don't die" list is very long, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, JM_ said:

as obtuse as he was I don't hope for that. Unless he was one of those people willingly walking around sick in public. 

Both my sister-in-law and nephew had Covid this spring. Both have had health issues for the past 4-6 weeks which haven't put them in bed but have not been feeling well at all. Testing has now established a virus in their kidneys. Their doctor is saying it is becoming common with recovered Covid patients. Both are recovering without pills. Scary since people like Sutter who have had long Covid issues. 

• Huggy Bear 2