The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim.  If I claim I went out on a date with Caroline Cameron, people are going to be requesting proof, and me suggesting there is no proof that I didn't isn't going to convince anyone.

can you ask my wife if its OK for me to go on one date with Haley Atwell? if you're able to get a date with Caroline you have my complete confidence. 

• Haha 2

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-cdc-drops-quarantine-distancing-recommendations-for-covid-19/

CDC drops quarantine, distancing recommendations for COVID-19

The changes, which come more than 2 1/2 years after the start of the pandemic, are driven by a recognition that an estimated 95% of Americans 16 and older have acquired some level of immunity, either from being vaccinated or infected, agency officials said.

Edited by 6YPE
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, JM_ said:

can you ask my wife if its OK for me to go on one date with Haley Atwell? if you're able to get a date with Caroline you have my complete confidence. 

Wait....she said I was her one and only!!!!! 

Ok, my imagination says she said that.

But get in line! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wait....she said I was her one and only!!!!! 

Ok, my imagination says she said that.

But get in line! 

its OK, my wife said if I get Haley she gets Brad Pitt. Now thats a conundrum. 

New guidance on at home tests by the US FDA

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising people to perform repeat, or serial, testing following a negative result on any at-home COVID-19 antigen test, to reduce the risk an infection may be missed (false negative result) and to help prevent people from unknowingly spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus to others. The FDA recommends repeat testing following a negative result whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/home-covid-19-antigen-tests-take-steps-reduce-your-risk-false-negative-fda-safety-communication?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

"173 hospitalizations, for a total of 26,462

• 28 deaths,"

16.1% of people hospitalized this week passed away.

As compared to the numbers over all. a total of 26,462 hospitalizations and 3,995 deaths--or 15.09%

Hopefully just a bad week/anomaly.

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

"173 hospitalizations, for a total of 26,462

• 28 deaths,"

16.1% of people hospitalized this week passed away.

As compared to the numbers over all. a total of 26,462 hospitalizations and 3,995 deaths--or 15.09%

Hopefully just a bad week/anomaly.

The last 3 weeks have been 29, 28, 28.  I haven't dug that far back, but aside from July 1st (17), the average has been consistently around 2 dozen deaths a week since mid-late June, where it was closer to 4 dozen per week, but still pretty signficant nonetheless.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The last 3 weeks have been 29, 28, 28.  I haven't dug that far back, but aside from July 1st (17), the average has been consistently around 2 dozen deaths a week since mid-late June, where it was closer to 4 dozen per week, but still pretty signficant nonetheless.

Are these deaths people dying from Covid related illness or are these people dying who happen to have Covid but it’s not what killed them?  

• Cheers 1

Just tested positive.  
This would be my 3rd time with covid.  
Luckily I have zero symptoms, but I’m home from work for 5 days.  
Im vaxed and waxed.  

The vaccine seems to do nothing to prevent spreading, but it really does seem to make a difference when you have it.  

I got covid in the beginning around January 2020.  Thought I was going to die.  Lol. 
I was coughing for 2-3 months.  

I’ve had it twice since being vaxed… smooth sailing each time. 

• Huggy Bear 3

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just tested positive.  
Im vaxed and waxed.  

The vaccine seems to do nothing to prevent spreading, but it really does seem to make a difference when you have it.  

I got covid in the beginning around January 2020.  Thought I was going to die.  Lol. 

I think that's been the 2nd most common misconception (the greatest misconception being that it prevents the vaccinated from getting it).  The idea is to help prep the body to identify foreign objects or structures, and then allow the body to build up an immune response to it so that: (a) if one does catch it, by being vaccinated, the body is somewhat prepared to fight back instead of letting the virus overwhelm the defenses, and (b) by having a primed immune response, it minimizes (not prevents, minimizes) the amount of spread due to an overall lower viral load (and thus propensity to spread).

Glad to hear you're doing well, and that you're staying at home instead of propagating further spread.

13 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think that's been the 2nd most common misconception (the greatest misconception being that it prevents the vaccinated from getting it).  The idea is to help prep the body to identify foreign objects or structures, and then allow the body to build up an immune response to it so that: (a) if one does catch it, by being vaccinated, the body is somewhat prepared to fight back instead of letting the virus overwhelm the defenses, and (b) by having a primed immune response, it minimizes (not prevents, minimizes) the amount of spread due to an overall lower viral load (and thus propensity to spread).

Glad to hear you're doing well, and that you're staying at home instead of propagating further spread.

I’ve got a bunch of tequila, triple sec and limes.     
Couldn’t be better.  Lol.  The week should be fun!  

On the radio, they keep saying ‘get vaccinated to help stop the spread’.  
Buncha bologna. 

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’ve got a bunch of tequila, triple sec and limes.     
Couldn’t be better.  Lol.  The week should be fun!  

On the radio, they keep saying ‘get vaccinated to help stop the spread’.  
Buncha bologna. 

Simple minds need simple slogans to get compliance.

Most simpletons don't have the patience to sit down and understand that minimization of spread is the most important thing we can do, because many of them think in absolutes.

edit: besides, technically it's not entirely incorrect - minimizing spread will help stop the spread, just over a very very long timeframe.

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
  • Cheers 1

IKEA shoppers in Shanghai panic after security tries to lock down store due to COVID risk

Scenes of mayhem unfolded in an IKEA in Shanghai as health authorities tried to lock down the store on Saturday and quarantine those on site after learning someone who had been in contact with a COVID-19 patient had visited.

News of the flash shutdown sent shoppers fleeing and screaming in an effort to get out of the building before the doors were locked, videos on social media showed. Shanghai’s 25 million residents are well versed in lockdowns, after being barred from leaving their homes for two months this spring in an effort to eradicate the virus.

Health authorities in the financial hub said that they imposed “temporary control measures” at the store, after they found out that a close contact of a 6-year-old boy with an asymptomatic COVID infection had been there. They didn’t say when the close contact was in the store. Everyone at IKEA and other affected areas will need to quarantine for two days and then do five days of health surveillance, said Zhao Dandan, deputy director of Shanghai Health Commission, in a briefing on Sunday.

https://vancouversun.com/news/world/ikea-shoppers-in-shanghai-panic-after-security-tries-to-lock-down-due-to-covid-risk/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VANSUN_Prov Covid Newsletter 2022-08-15&utm_term=SUNPROV_COVID19_Newsletter

On 8/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, King Heffy said:

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim.  If I claim I went out on a date with Caroline Cameron, people are going to be requesting proof, and me suggesting there is no proof that I didn't isn't going to convince anyone.

I prefer Jennifer Hutchinson.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, D.B Cooper said:

Just tested positive.  
Im vaxed and waxed.  

How do you know you had it so early? I swear I got it early but have no evidence.

• Cheers 1