The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

How do you know you had it so early? I swear I got it early but have no evidence.

Same here, late October 2021. Other than recurring bouts of sciatica I have rarely ever been sick but I came down with what I thought might be the flu though unlike anything I had ever experienced. Got progressively worse until one night in bed I realized I couldn’t breathe while on my back and could only barely muster the strength to roll over. I was able to get some air while wheezing my way through the night. I was scared that I was going to die and made up my mind to go to the hospital if I made it through the night. Started to feel a little better by morning and continued to improve over the next week. For months any exertion like stairs or taking a shower left me totally spent.

Did my own research :blush: and convinced myself it was bacterial pneumonia, which it may well have been since it was a fair bit before Covid got here. No evidence to say it was Covid but it does leave me wondering.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

IKEA shoppers in Shanghai panic after security tries to lock down store due to COVID risk

Scenes of mayhem unfolded in an IKEA in Shanghai as health authorities tried to lock down the store on Saturday and quarantine those on site after learning someone who had been in contact with a COVID-19 patient had visited.

News of the flash shutdown sent shoppers fleeing and screaming in an effort to get out of the building before the doors were locked, videos on social media showed. Shanghai’s 25 million residents are well versed in lockdowns, after being barred from leaving their homes for two months this spring in an effort to eradicate the virus.

Health authorities in the financial hub said that they imposed “temporary control measures” at the store, after they found out that a close contact of a 6-year-old boy with an asymptomatic COVID infection had been there. They didn’t say when the close contact was in the store. Everyone at IKEA and other affected areas will need to quarantine for two days and then do five days of health surveillance, said Zhao Dandan, deputy director of Shanghai Health Commission, in a briefing on Sunday.

https://vancouversun.com/news/world/ikea-shoppers-in-shanghai-panic-after-security-tries-to-lock-down-due-to-covid-risk/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VANSUN_Prov Covid Newsletter 2022-08-15&utm_term=SUNPROV_COVID19_Newsletter

I suppose they could do worse than Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam for a couple of days, amirite?  :bigblush:

9 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

How do you know you had it so early? I swear I got it early but have no evidence.

I found out months later with antibody test.  
I had all the symptoms going around at the time. 
Antibody test said I had it previously. 

7 hours ago, ak96 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pfizer-ceo-tests-positive-for-covid-19-has-mild-symptoms-1.6027736

This proves we need to be very careful and need our boosters.  Despite his 4 doses of the vaccine he still needs the paxlovid treatment.  Imagine if he was unvaccinated.

It doesn’t prove anything.  
I don’t have any boosters and currently have covid.   I feel fine.  

It’s the CEO of Pfizer.   He is taking it because he has free access to every single drug he could possibly need.  
It says he is experiencing very mild symptoms.
Nowhere says he needs the treatments or it would be much worse off without. 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

It doesn’t prove anything.  
I don’t have any boosters and currently have covid.   I feel fine.  

It’s the CEO of Pfizer.   He is taking it because he has free access to every single drug he could possibly need.  
It says he is experiencing very mild symptoms.
Nowhere says he needs the treatments or it would be much worse off without. 

Wow, imagine being against seat belts and airbags for cars?  Each dose represents a brake pad and the paxlovid represents the air bag.  What is there to save the unvaccinated?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ak96 said:

Wow, imagine being against seat belts and airbags for cars?  Each dose represents a brake pad and the paxlovid represents the air bag.  What is there to save the unvaccinated?

While that would be an interesting thing to imagine; I'm not sure what it has to do with D.B. Cooper's posts?

I saw nothing saying he was against vaccines.:unsure:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

While that would be an interesting thing to imagine; I'm not sure what it has to do with D.B. Cooper's posts?

no but they do demonstrate how people seem to think they're medical experts, and really wear their assumptions and incorrect notions with pride. 

Its a ridiculous time we're in. Social media has corrupted common sense and respect for medical expertise. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ak96 said:

Who is talking about being unvaccinated?

53 minutes ago, gurn said:

Nope I didn’t.  
In fact I said numerous times you should get it. Lol.  
That’s one of the most fun parts about this thread.  
Watching people take your words and spin them to hell just to try to fit their agenda  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canada has now given over 82 million total injections for covid vaccination.  With less than 700 total potential applicants for adverse side effects but only 8 confirmed to be caused by the vaccine.

Wish my dad had had an adverse side effect of some sort, sadly; he didn't get a chance because covid killed him instead.

kind of puts the whining and endless Dr. Facebook stuff into perspective, doesn't it?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I have long lost patience with people over both sides of this argument.

I am now 7 months on from being infected and I still have some issues every now and again I never had before it.  I lost a relative.  I have friends who got it and were fine.  The ONLY people truly still suffering from it that haven't lost anyone or don't have long haul issues are the whining minority who still think their freedumb has been lost; even though....2 years later; seems they lost nothing as everyone is back to doing exactly the same things they were before covid happened without issue

I guess what I find disappointing is that there is even a "sides" argument to sound medical advice. 

But NYC is seeing cases of polio again :picard: so I guess this is just the new normal. Social media and "beliefs" are more powerful to people than anything else. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2