The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

A very good friend of mine, whose sister was on a Hawaiian cruise contracted Covid on board. She is now in a coma in the Kona hospital, her family have joined her. She has had many bouts with cancer as well.

How many boosters has she had?

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

A very good friend of mine, whose sister was on a Hawaiian cruise contracted Covid on board. She is now in a coma in the Kona hospital, her family have joined her. She has had many bouts with cancer as well.

Wishing the family well and her a full recovery.

5 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I hope she makes a full recovery. Thinking of the family during an obviously tough time.

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Given that the case count is severely understated due to a lack of testing, they should just take that figure out of their weekly report altogether, since there's no accuracy in that, even from a magnitude or pervasiveness perspective.  However, the hospitaliztions and death count should continue being reported, because at least there's some degree of accuracy to those.

Just my shiny nickel, since 2 cents gets rounded down to zero.  :rolleyes:

Still pretty shitty that there's an average of 2-3 dozen deaths per week this past month as a result of this pandemic.  I suspect that figure might trend upwards over the course of this winter now that we're moving activities indoors and because people don't seem to appreciate the importance of proper masking and distancing.

Estimates and numbers indicate it's overwhelmingly those who are either unvaccinated or immunocompromised making up the majority of fatalities.

Shocking

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I was leaning towards immuno compromised but sure, if that's their choice

Tried to book are 2 booster last week. The hospital isn't doing shots and Shoppers was the only option. They are booked thru November. Called Shoppers and they said to do a 'walk in' and they would try and get us done. Last year the hospital had lineups outside the building with 5 stations inside doing shots. What the hey? 

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tried to book are 2 booster last week. The hospital isn't doing shots and Shoppers was the only option. They are booked thru November. Called Shoppers and they said to do a 'walk in' and they would try and get us done. Last year the hospital had lineups outside the building with 5 stations inside doing shots. What the hey? 

I'd take them up on the walk in offer and not wait. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I  went to a vaxx clinic and told them I couldn't book an appointment that wasn't 6 hours away; and they shot me up right away.

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Me too.

I just told them at the door " The booking folk keep trying to send me to Comox, or Courtney, or Nanaimo. "  which in my case was truth.

My attempt at humor didn't go over. 

We will be doing a drop in on Tuesday. Thanks. 

• Cheers 1