The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, stawns said:

In Vernon, we have 4 I believe, Kelowna apparently has 6

what I'm wondering is how many are typically in use during normal times, and what the additional burden has been since the outbreak. 

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

Japan    1,016 cases 35 deaths           1 in 29.02

Canada  942 cases 13 deaths             1 in 72.46

U.S.       16,162 cases    220 dead       1 in 73.46

Italy     41,035 cases  3,405 dead       1 in 12.05

Spain 20,412 cases   1,041 dead        1 in 19.6

Edit

Add in, testing can vary from country to country, age of the overall population and the general health of the population prior to infection will skew these numbers.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 4

I was out briefly this morning downtown, and was surprised by the amount of people outside. It wasn't crazy but definitely more than the last time I was out. I wasn't expecting anyone to be around. 

Of all the times in Vancouver to have a long stretch of sun. From a quarantine standpoint, it would actually be better if we had the typical long stretch of rain to keep people inside.

I'm guessing the seawall will be packed tomorrow if the weather is still beautiful. Especially with the messages to get out for walks and exercise. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was out briefly this morning downtown, and was surprised by the amount of people outside. It wasn't crazy but definitely more than the last time I was out. I wasn't expecting anyone to be around. 

Of all the times in Vancouver to have a long stretch of sun. From a quarantine standpoint, it would actually be better if we had the typical long stretch of rain to keep people inside.

I'm guessing the seawall will be packed tomorrow if the weather is still beautiful. Especially with the messages to get out for walks and exercise. 

#inflatethecurve seems to be the motto for BC in this.

3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I'm actually seriously thinking about getting one. Only problem is the humane society is closed  :( 

If your looking to foster a cat. Cat therapy and rescue society is looking for fosters.

We adopted our Persian mix from them in September and he is a total sweetheart.

• Like 1