The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The US has a basic narcissistic moron in charge. He’s a complete and total liability as a president. Here’s hoping that his infection of selfishness, thoughtlessness, and greed are wiped from the face of the earth. 

Based on an article quoting some of his already greatest critics?  The states political system is a gong show and it doesn’t matter who’s in office people would be freaking out about how poorly it’s being handled.  If the Federal government stepped in hard three of those same governors would be pissing and moaning about how the state’s authority wasn’t being respected. 

For the record, I try not to be quick to defend Trump as I’m not a huge fan but I’m a bit tired of people trying to jump down his throat every time they get a chance.  It’s a worldwide pandemic, he should have acted quicker (like a butt load of other leaders should have), now give his government a chance to figure it out.... maybe wait a couple of months to piss and moan.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Based on an article quoting some of his already greatest critics?  The states political system is a gong show and it doesn’t matter who’s in office people would be freaking out about how poorly it’s being handled.  If the Federal government stepped in hard three of those same governors would be pissing and moaning about how the state’s authority wasn’t being respected. 

For the record, I try not to be quick to defend Trump as I’m not a huge fan but I’m a bit tired of people trying to jump down his throat every time they get a chance.  It’s a worldwide pandemic, he should have acted quicker (like a butt load of other leaders should have), now give his government a chance to figure it out.... maybe wait a couple of months to piss and moan.  

The problem is we don't have a couple of months.   Lock him up for conspiracy to commit murder and work on getting this fixed.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The US has a basic narcissistic moron in charge. He’s a complete and total liability as a president. Here’s hoping that his infection of selfishness, thoughtlessness, and greed are wiped from the face of the earth. 

I know there is nothing good coming from this pandemic.

But....trump is showing what a complete baboon he is and I believe his chances of getting re elected are tanking. Before this pandemic, it looked like Americans were actually going to re elect that orange turd.

I am not a Trudeau supporter, but he could never ever be as bad as trump.  

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

Yeah you don't want to risk infection from contact. Just shoot them. 

Sadly, we will probably start hearing about that happening in the states....with people shooting others to get their TP.  Sad days ahead....

We will get through this though!!

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is we don't have a couple of months.   Lock him up for conspiracy to commit murder and work on getting this fixed.

You have a couple of months before you’ll know if he did what he could or not.  Like I said, their system is a disaster and don’t think a pandemic is going to make the absolutely ridiculous partisanship disappear.  I get it everyone loves to hate Trump, it’s the cool thing to do, maybe just take a step back and don’t take everything you hear at face value. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

You have a couple of months before you’ll know if he did what he could or not.  Like I said, their system is a disaster and don’t think a pandemic is going to make the absolutely ridiculous partisanship disappear.  I get it everyone loves to hate Trump, it’s the cool thing to do, maybe just take a step back and don’t take everything you hear at face value. 

Give him time?  Are you serious? That is the one thing no one has.

Nobody can defend some of the things the great orange turd has said in the last few days. He sounds like someone with a major head injury. He verbally berates anybody that challenges him on his inaction.

He is the reason their their system is a disaster.

He fired everyone that has any real skills.  Come on.....:picard:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He sounds like an imbecile.

USA elected this guy. Their guy is now running their country during the biggest emergency to hit the country in one hundred years.

Good luck USA......jeebus...

Scarier,he could cancel this years elections with that war mesures if i am correct.

Then what?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

What if we hear it directly from him?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:I am not a Trudeau supporter, but he could never ever be as bad as trump.  

Doug freaking Ford has acted like a credible leader in all this imho.  If you can’t top that guy, it says a lot about how good you are.  Before Giuliani got old, he projected strong leadership after 9/11.  Donnie is like a deer looking at headlights.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Agree to disagree on just how much the economy will be affected, but we'll definitely know more as time goes on. I think you're failing to consider how many major industries are being affected and the chain reaction it will all have to other industries. 

Not at all.  The impact will be massive and is massive already.  My organization cannot buy computers at the moment because Panasonic doesn't have the parts.   We ordered them last year.  I got friends who work in Nissan's head office and other very major companies here in Tokyo.  Things are not good at all.  Basically, the car industry is completely dead at the moment  We are on the same page on that I think.  All the schools closed here early March.  Here in Japan students get nice hot lunches with milk and so forth each day  Just like that millions of kids no longer needed lunch and that obviously hurt big time a lot farmers,  businesses, and people.   

My only point being is that we just don't know what things are going to be like in a week let a lone months.  My experience here is that if people shutdown for a few weeks then the impact could be huge as we have seen.   I am confident most Canadians get this.  Long term we need to get back to work and that is what the WHO is ultimately saying as well, we need impactful systems in place so we can go about our business, we have to live with this thing from now on.   Otherwise there will be lock downs every few months for some countries.     My wife also works for the airlines. 

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Doug freaking Ford has acted like a credible leader in all this imho.  If you can’t top that guy, it says a lot about how good you are.  Before Giuliani got old, he projected strong leadership after 9/11.  Donnie is like a deer looking at headlights.

Yeah, I can't remember what context it was, but I saw some very reasonable take by him and I definitely had to do a double take. Credit where it is due.

Peter McKay on the other hand with his cheap knock-off of the Rick Mercer rant was pathetic. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Give him time?  Are you serious? That is the one thing no one has.

Nobody can defend some of the things the great orange turd has said in the last few days. He sounds like someone with a major head injury. He verbally berates anybody that challenges him on his inaction.

He is the reason their their system is a disaster.

He fired everyone that has any real skills.  Come on.....:picard:

He’s absolutely not the reason their system is a disaster.  It was a disaster before he was around. 

Understand what I’m saying, you aren’t going to know whether he could have done anything better or not for a few months.... I promise you this though, his hardcore supporters will say he handled it fine and his critics will say he absolutely trashed it pretty much whatever the outcome is.  If you’re making decisive judgments now you’re just jumping on the hype train. 

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

What if we hear it directly from him?

DT is always great for a sound bite.... I’m not even going to try and argue that.  Let’s see what he actually does over the next couple of weeks.... you can’t do anything about it anyways. 

just for the record, I’m the wrong guy to be taking this position.  I don’t love DT but some of the response to him and this situation is so predictable it needs to be pointed out.  Like I said, that article that was given quotes two (I believe three... though I could be wrong I’m not sure about Michigan) of his biggest critics.... no one should be surprised they’re calling for his head anymore then anyone should be surprised the conspiracy theorists would never believe Obama was born in the states.  Try and take the one sided glasses off. 

• Thanks 2
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, samurai said:

Not at all.  The impact will be massive and is massive already.  My organization cannot buy computers at the moment because Panasonic doesn't have the parts.   We ordered them last year.  I got friends who work in Nissan's head office and other very major companies here in Tokyo.  Things are not good at all.  Basically, the car industry is completely dead at the moment  We are on the same page on that I think.  All the schools closed here early March.  Here in Japan students get nice hot lunches with milk and so forth each day  Just like that millions of kids no longer needed lunch and that obviously hurt big time a lot farmers,  businesses, and people.   

My only point being is that we just don't know what things are going to be like in a week let a lone months.  My experience here is that if people shutdown for a few weeks then the impact could be huge as we have seen.   I am confident most Canadians get this.  Long term we need to get back to work and that is what the WHO is ultimately saying as well, we need impactful systems in place so we can go about our business, we have to live with this thing from now on.   Otherwise there will be lock downs every few months for some countries.     My wife also works for the airlines. 

You keep saying Canada, but I'm also talking about the US, who we will see very shortly a massive surge in cases, and the rest of the world. I'm talking about the effect that this is having globally, and I personally don't foresee this being levelled out in a couple weeks globally like you keep comparing everything to in Japan.

27 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Trump is a clown, but I agree that some people are using this to attack him.   Yesterday a media person asked him if his hotels would apply for special funding.  We all know how Trump was going to respond to this so it is complete baiting.  It is at this stage a completely irrelevant question.   Total baiting.

However, officials have said that the direction from the top is confusing and uncoordinated.  Nobody is driving the ship and that is a well documented feature of the Trump administration.   This without question is impacting the response.  SARs was handled very differently in the States.  You need someone calling the shots.   So all the president needs to do is  defer to an experienced person and give him the full powers of the white house and get the hell out of the way - that is good leadership.  That is what happened with SARs.  The problem Trump has is you cannot spin this and you need to be competent as a leader.  He is a showman not a leader. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I know there is nothing good coming from this pandemic.

But....trump is showing what a complete baboon he is and I believe his chances of getting re elected are tanking. Before this pandemic, it looked like Americans were actually going to re elect that orange turd.

I am not a Trudeau supporter, but he could never ever be as bad as trump.  

I feel too many of his supporters would still vote for him regardless :sadno:.

Especially if Biden wins the dem nom, his disappearance and inactivity during this time does not bode well for his chances of beating Trump.