The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did B.C. report any new cases today?

BC's top Doctor feels the need to take Sundays off.  Shocking and pathetic imo.  I sent BC Health an email to that effect today.

You all should to.

The head BC doctor takes a day off during the worst pandemic in the last 100 years?  Good god...how pathetic...

Bonnie...how about you take some days off in June when this is in control.  :picard:

• Vintage 3

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

a chilling comparison between canada (1 case) and usa (795 cases) are the critically ill cases

usa is going to be extremely different then canada

nyc is absolutely exploding with cases now.. they have 5% of the cases world wide now

maybe you can let me know where you are getting your numbers ?

Hey bud read the numbers in your own link. I didn’t say anything about the seriousness of the cases. I straight up said when you equal out the population and compare the two countries it’s not 10 or 20 times. Yes when it’s all said and done the USA will be in a world of hurt but as things currently stand they have only have 2-3 times the cases when you equal out the population. The state of California alone has more people then Canada so obviously the USA will have more. When you look at serious cases or deaths I have no idea as this virus is all

over the map. Why some countries have a lot of deaths and other don’t is beyond my knowledge. Maybe it’s age or health related who really knows. 

4 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Based on an article quoting some of his already greatest critics?  The states political system is a gong show and it doesn’t matter who’s in office people would be freaking out about how poorly it’s being handled.  If the Federal government stepped in hard three of those same governors would be pissing and moaning about how the state’s authority wasn’t being respected. 

For the record, I try not to be quick to defend Trump as I’m not a huge fan but I’m a bit tired of people trying to jump down his throat every time they get a chance.  It’s a worldwide pandemic, he should have acted quicker (like a butt load of other leaders should have), now give his government a chance to figure it out.... maybe wait a couple of months to piss and moan.  

Are you serious? :picard:

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, High and Inside said:

Hey bud read the numbers in your own link. I didn’t say anything about the seriousness of the cases. I straight up said when you equal out the population and compare the two countries it’s not 10 or 20 times. Yes when it’s all said and done the USA will be in a world of hurt but as things currently stand they have only have 2-3 times the cases when you equal out the population. The state of California alone has more people then Canada so obviously the USA will have more. When you look at serious cases or deaths I have no idea as this virus is all

over the map. Why some countries have a lot of deaths and other don’t is beyond my knowledge. Maybe it’s age or health related who really knows. 

Canada will have 10% of the deaths of the USA and 10% of the cases.

We have 10% of the population. Simple math we learned in grade 6.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I hope the people of the Lower Mainland have these faces burned into their brain every morning before they think to go play beer pong on a rooftop with their friends or a picnic at the beach or a pickup game of soccer. 

All those people at the roof party need to be kicked in the junk!!! Selfish & ignorant!! 

• Thanks 2

Just now, kurtis said:

I agree. Health care workers are already working huge amount of hours here every week. My wife is almost double shifting at the hospital and life labs HQ every week. Apparently she needs time off though. I’ve not seen my wife In like 3 weeks due to her working. 

Sorry to hear that.

Some people I know say they think Dr. Bonnie Henry deserves an award because she is so calm and soft spoken.

I personally get zero leadership vibe off her weakness and the fact she takes days off every Sunday. For the BC's top doctor I find it pathetic.

I thank your wife for her work keeping us all healthy and hope you two remain safe!!

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sorry to hear that.

Some people I know say they think Dr. Bonnie Henry deserves an award because she is so calm and soft spoken.

I personally get zero leadership vibe off her weakness and the fact she takes days off every Sunday. For the BC's top doctor I find it pathetic.

I thank your wife for her work keeping us all healthy and hope you two remain safe!!

Thanks man! Yah it’s hard on everyone! And I do agree with you on Dr Bonnie. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Essentially you’re a fan then. There is very little room to defend a mental defect of his measure. 

You're seemingly trying to find a way to excuse this piece of $&!# of a president for failing to act appropriately to a global pandemic. Wait a couple of months? Maybe you have that kind of time, but most don’t, you clueless ass. 

I mean.... you’re reinterpreting what I’m saying and then attacking it and me personally.  Don’t know what to chalk that up to but I won’t hold it against you.... stay safe my man! 

• Thanks 1

Bonnie Henry might have the day off on Sunday but I'm sure that she's not sitting on her hands and not doing anything.  

Pretty sure that her job position follows her everywhere she goes.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Bonnie Henry might have the day off on Sunday but I'm sure that she's not sitting on her hands and not doing anything.  

Pretty sure that her job position follows her everywhere she goes.  

She went over to Victoria today, where she will be reporting from tomorrow.

I do think though, that if things start to get out of hand here in BC, the people that were praising her for her calmness are going to turn on her for not being more aggressive....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kurtis said:

I agree. Health care workers are already working huge amount of hours here every week. My wife is almost double shifting at the hospital and life labs HQ every week. Apparently she needs time off though. I’ve not seen my wife In like 3 weeks due to her working. 

Big thanks to your wife and everyone on the front lines right now. Cheers buddy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I hope the people of the Lower Mainland have these faces burned into their brain every morning before they think to go play beer pong on a rooftop with their friends or a picnic at the beach or a pickup game of soccer. 

Hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

41 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

She went over to Victoria today, where she will be reporting from tomorrow.

I do think though, that if things start to get out of hand here in BC, the people that were praising her for her calmness are going to turn on her for not being more aggressive....

100% agree.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Based on an article quoting some of his already greatest critics?  The states political system is a gong show and it doesn’t matter who’s in office people would be freaking out about how poorly it’s being handled.  If the Federal government stepped in hard three of those same governors would be pissing and moaning about how the state’s authority wasn’t being respected. 

For the record, I try not to be quick to defend Trump as I’m not a huge fan but I’m a bit tired of people trying to jump down his throat every time they get a chance.  It’s a worldwide pandemic, he should have acted quicker (like a butt load of other leaders should have), now give his government a chance to figure it out.... maybe wait a couple of months to piss and moan.  

You’re words make good sense brother. But this is CDC after all. On this board many have made piss and moan a bit of an art form.

Old habits die hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1