Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Immunity to reinfection. Don't mince words. 

 

Honestly, your contrarian attitude towards this is what's way out there, and it's getting quite annoying. There's really no reason for it. Every time someone posts any kind of stats you have a devil's advocate response to it. I can see why you were called a COVID-19 apologist. You're walking a fine line of trollism at this point. 

He completely ignores my post talking about the projection of 2.2M DEATHS in the USA.

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He completely ignores my post talking about the projection of 2.2M DEATHS in the USA.

Who lives, who dies: worst case scenario (USA Today article) 03/22/2020

 

"The CDC's worst-case-scenario envisions up to 210 million Americans infected by December. An estimated 21 million people would need hospital care and 200,000 to 1.7 million could die by the end of the year."

 

Just one example. I'm curious to read about this 35,000 figure.

Edited by Lionized27
Grammar
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, samurai said:

That is a simple fact.  The virus has been circulating for a while and people were not getting tested and most still are not.   The numbers are obviously higher that what is even documented. More testing is taking place which of course means more positive cases.  That is basic common sense and medical experts have been saying the same thing.   You were on here yesterday suggesting people cannot build immunity to this - that idea is just way out there. 

And, for the record, overcoming the virus does not necessarily mean a person is building immunity to it like we can for other viruses and then not be re-infected again. It is unknown at this point if we can do that. There have been reports of people getting better and then getting sick again. For all we know, this could be a virus like cold soars (herpes), where a person can have it go away but it stays with a person forever and continues to show itself over time.

 

Just another reason the unknowns are serious, but you already knew this, I'm sure - judging by your response to my immunity comment. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

And, for the record, overcoming the virus does not necessarily mean a person is building immunity to it like we can for other viruses and then not be re-infected again. It is unknown at this point if we can do that. There have been reports of people getting better and then getting sick again. For all we know, this could be a virus like cold soars (herpes), where a person can have it go away but it stays with a person forever and continues to show itself over time.

 

Just another reason the unknowns are serious, but you already knew this, I'm sure - judging by your response to my immunity comment. 

you didn't read the the article I sent you.  it was for exactly the argument you made above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Who lives, who dies: worst case scenario (USA Today article) 03/22/2020

 

"The CDC's worst-case-scenario envisions up to 210 million Americans infected by December. An estimated 21 million people would need hospital care and 200,000 to 1.7 million could die by the end of the year."

 

Just one example. I'm curious to read about this 35,000 figure.

Me too lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i do not think you really appreciate the difficulty the virus is posing to ny state

your stats might be conservative

if applied to that state alone

i doubt governor cuomo agrees with your assessment of the usa situation

 

and for the purposes of this thread

if you wish to use experts to back up your position

i suggest you provide a link to what you have read

otherwise i doubt what you say when you vaguely suggest you are supported by any authority

This

 

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/488494-estimating-coronaviruss-us-toll

 

And I posted this earlier

 

 

People are also taking action now which help reduce deaths.   On this site if you give a doomsday scenario you get praised.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, samurai said:

you didn't read the the article I sent you.  it was for exactly the argument you made above.

I'm not a subscriber, so no I didn't. But here's the thing, regardless of what you read in that article, we don't know if the herd mentality will even work with this virus. It's possible we begin to build immunity to reinfection and it helps with preventing a future outbreak around the world, but we do not yet know if this is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, samurai said:

That is a simple fact.  The virus has been circulating for a while and people were not getting tested and most still are not.   The numbers are obviously higher that what is even documented. More testing is taking place which of course means more positive cases.  That is basic common sense and medical experts have been saying the same thing.   You were on here yesterday suggesting people cannot build immunity to this - that idea is just way out there. 

Please...don't post your opinion as "fact".  Post "facts" as facts....with links and sources.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This is going to be the long haul.  It's necessary to let her take a day off occasionally.

I read they weren’t “ taking the day off “ they were working but not doing a ‘ televised’ update on Sunday. hopefully that is the case 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

 

Saw this, read the proposed amendments...it's literally what everyone has been asking the government to do but the title is pure clickbait.

 

But that means nothing because everyone is freaking out and claiming "Castro jr wants a dictatorship" but are doing said claim while joking with their buddies in a Safeway checkout line

 

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please...don't post your opinion as "fact".  Post "facts" as facts....with links and sources.

have been doing that, if people don't bother to read that is not my fault.   And I just re-posted again some of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...