The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

47 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Suggestions on how to deal with a roommate that refuses to follow the rules the Canadian Government has implemented during this crisis, and is going out to parties like there’s no tomorrow and potentially bringing Covid-19 back with him?

I know a guy..... 

9 minutes ago, DonLever said:

So when is BC going to do the same Lock Down?   Ontario has ordered all non essential businesses to close.  BC should do the same.

I would imagine we're not far behind.

If it goes to the end of the week I'd be surprised.

My guess would be Wednesday.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

People are also taking action now which help reduce deaths.    

it does, and a lot of people are. Government run programs are rarely surgical scalpels, they are more like Gallagher's hammer. Its up us individuals to do our part to keep us and everyone around us safe. Of course you can always lay blame but while you're doing that make sure you've done all you can too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i assume you actually viewed the video ???

did you ??

did you hope i wouldn't ???

he says the floor is 35,000 deaths and uses this number maybe 2x

he way more often uses the number of 100,000 deaths

he clearly does not hold himself out to be an expert on these numbers

you are twisting what he actually says to suit your narrative

you have your head in the sand

telling the rest of us that we are envisioning a doomsday scenario

you are in fact a "puffer" ... puffing your viewpoints by using weak sources who can kinda of be used as support for your viewpoints

if you are going to engage in this tactic of putting forth

specific information

make sure you are very accurate in what you say

this is a time of crisis, an emergency is ongoing, we need accuracy, not nonsense

your source, this video, does not in fact say what you say

he even acknowledges that the usa was slow to respond

and did not adequately prepare

during the weeks the chinese "bought for us"

the economic impact was therefore a lot more

(and by equal inference the medical impact)

he also says there will be future waves

and the virus will come back to us

To summarize

Everyone on this site is in agreement about social distancing and that it should and will continue for the next little while.  It has worked.  We are preaching to the choir.

Your position and few others seem to be saying that what is 'currently happening' in Italy, New York and to a lesser extent Spain (I haven't check today) is what is going to happen everywhere else.  In other words BC is next.  We are going to have Northern Italy numbers.  

My position is that what is going to happen in 'most' of Canada ( including BC) and most of the US is what has  'already happened and is also currently happening' in countries like China, Japan, Korea and so forth.   

In a few weeks time if I am wrong then I will apologies and delete my account for being grossly misinformed.   

See you then!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, samurai said:

To summarize

Everyone on this site is in agreement about social distancing and that it should and will continue for the next little while.  It has worked.  We are preaching to the choir.

Your position and few others seem to be saying that what is 'currently happening' in Italy, New York and to a lesser extent Spain (I haven't check today) is what is going to happen everywhere else.  In other words BC is next.  We are going to have Northern Italy numbers.  

My position is that what is going to happen in 'most' of Canada ( including BC) and most of the US is what has  'already happened and is also currently happening' in countries like China, Japan, Korea and so forth.   

In a few weeks time if I am wrong then I will apologies and delete my account for being grossly misinformed.   

See you then!

I think there's good reason to believe that. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, samurai said:

To summarize

See you then!

you are foolish

this is a crisis

you want to make this more about you being right

and others being wrong

i am looking for accurate information

i acknowledge information may change as time goes on

and that recommendations being put out may also vary

also viewpoints about modelling the likely outcomes from this virus may change

but i am serious in my assessments of what is going on

and ready to adapt as the situation may change

you are just putting out unfounded and distorted viewpoints

not sure why anyone would hold anything you say

to have much merit

but good luck with your posting

i have zero energy left for you

you have shown your true colours to me

i specifically note

that you failed entirely to respond to the content of my post you quoted

you are weak in your thinking

and that is a poor trait in a time of crisis

i am not sure what your future apologies

will accomplish

if your spread of misinformation

does damage

and i can see you do not really read my posts

i am a very strong advocate of bc leadership during this crisis

and repeatedly indicate they are doing a good job

no where and at no time have i said bc is on the verge of a crisis like nyc or anywhere else

i have a lot of confidence about what is going on here locally

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, samurai said:

Could you please quote those people that have done as you allege?

Specifically, anything that coastal.view said that matches your claim of his statements?

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Are any of you guys/girls stuck without something?  I found pretty much everything I needed without having to go to Costco or any of those bigger shops where all the crazies are.  

I'm also choosing not to overstock anything (except overall I do have 4 weeks worth of food)...  medicine would be the only thing that I'd say to go and get enough of as lots of it is provided by China.  

This comment, like the virus, has been in incubation for the last two weeks. 

25 minutes ago, samurai said:

To summarize

See you then!

Great. Don't post for three weeks.

• Haha 1

Email from Galen Weston -

Hi Everyone,

The Covid-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly with increased warnings from government about the risk to our personal communities. For us, that community includes 2,500 stores and 190,000 colleagues serving millions of Canadians. There are all kinds of rumours flying around about cases in our stores and that is likely to continue. My commitment to you is to use this and other local communication channels to give you the latest and most accurate information about what is happening in our stores.

Today, we have our first confirmed case, in a single store, where a colleague from our Real Canadian Superstore on Gibb St. in Oshawa, Ontario, tested positive. As you'd expect, we are staying close to the situation and to his family. 

These are our steps:
  1. We will immediately work with local public health authorities to investigate the colleague's recent shifts and direct contacts. To keep our stores safe, we will partner with public health to identify and support any colleagues who should self-isolate. They will be instructed to stay home and we will pay them in full.
  2. Our teams will deep-clean the store based on the advice of public health, over and above our new, daily cleaning protocols put in place at the start of COVID-19. 
  3. We will close immediately if we are informed of a colleague testing positive. We know communities consider us an essential service right now, but we ask for your patience as we will remain closed for as long as it takes to deep-clean, or on the advice of public health.
  4. We will be completely transparent by communicating directly to customers who have recently shopped in the affected store. For example, in the current case, we have talked to all colleagues, posted a notice to local social media, and emailed thousands of individual customers who used their PC Optimum account in that particular location.
At this time, health authorities continue to assure us that the risk of grocery shopping is low, but we must all take care. We're counting on you to help by giving our colleagues and each other lots of space. 

Stay safe and be kind, 

galen_westonsig_grey.png
Galen Weston

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup. I guess its death by Popeye's or by corona virus. Dealers choice. 

HAhaha thanks for a laugh Mr. McGill.  Your laugh-per-post is quite high. 

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Haha I don't see what @samurai and @coastal.view are disagreeing on? 

Are you guys saying that sky is blue in a different way?  

no

he was citing a stat from an apparent expert

that the usa death count would be 35,000

turns out his expert was not the expert he claimed

and did not really say that.. said the floor was 35k.. but spoke more often about 100k

(it's a bit more involved then that, but i don't want go back an re-read his post)

he also misconstrued quite regularly his opinion as being fact

ps.  but you are also correct to some extent

i'm busy for the next 2 days

and clearly i again need a break from posting

Edited by coastal.view