The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

24 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Wait what? What makes you say that? 

Just rumour at this point. Really, where I’m at, most people are pretty solid when it comes to social distancing. It’s just the idiots at Kits Beach and in North Vancouver around the mountains and trails who think it’s perfectly fine to commiserate in large groups. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, bree2 said:

what does that mean

All non-essential businesses are to close until further notice. Neighborhoods will be monitored for any deviation from the demanded social distancing requirements. I’d assume there would be some temporary amalgamation of local police, federal police, and army reserve. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

no

he was citing a stat from an apparent expert

that the usa death count would be 35,000

turns out his expert was not the expert he claimed

and did not really say that.. said the floor was 35k.. but spoke more often about 100k

(it's a bit more involved then that, but i don't want go back an re-read his post)

he also misconstrued quite regularly his opinion as being fact

ps.  but you are also correct to some extent

i'm busy for the next 2 days

and clearly i again need a break from posting

Haha I get ya, I just didn't want to read further then two pages back 

Cheers and come back with some more haikus like your GDT posts :) 

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Awesome. I would not have guessed that was doable in Richmond or Delta but it wasn't long ago Coquitlam was a farm.

The house my dad bought he used to go duck hunting there.I remember being able to duck hunt on burnaby lake.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Awesome. I would not have guessed that was doable in Richmond or Delta but it wasn't long ago Coquitlam was a farm.

My brother still does hunt...not even sure where?  They used to hunt in the farm fields from No. 2 Road to Number 5 Road south of Steveston Hwy.  All farm fields and the owners had to give them permission..but now it's mega mansionville.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Times like this it makes you wish you were Bear Grylls or one of the guys on Mountain Men. You could secure and lock up your home then trek into the wilderness and live off the land for however long is necessary. 

I may have had elk tenderloins for dinner...... one thing I won’t be running out of is protein.... toilet paper on the other hand may be a problem.... :sadno:

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

No way that boggles my mind. That would be cool.

You’re probably gonna have some free time on your hands real soon if you don’t already..... 

https://www.huntercourse.com/canada/britishcolumbia/overview.aspx

If you - or anyone else for that matter - decide to give it a shot feel free to message me with any questions I’d love to help.... doesn’t happen often but a time or two like this is a good reminder why having a freezer full of organic meat can be a life saver. 

:towel:

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Lol, what the heck is non essential then??

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I'm quite shocked how large the list is. So pretty much retail libraries and boobie bars are closed.

Pretty much.

I'm going to guess the PM can say what stays and goes or he may simply leave it up to each provinces discretion. For the sake of order I would imagine it would be the former.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Very happy to see liquor stores on the list! We're going to need it.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Oh that's right, this pandemic will cap out at 2000 cases and 95 deaths in WA state.  It won't go up much further folks.  It's all under control.

Just ask Donny. Just go back to work...so what if we lose a few slaves. 

25 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

You’re probably gonna have some free time on your hands real soon if you don’t already..... 

https://www.huntercourse.com/canada/britishcolumbia/overview.aspx

If you - or anyone else for that matter - decide to give it a shot feel free to message me with any questions I’d love to help.... doesn’t happen often but a time or two like this is a good reminder why having a freezer full of organic meat can be a life saver. 

:towel:

Oh yea I'm hardcore into it. Just not in the lower mainland. Didn't expect so many hunting stories right out of that area.