The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't know, that's all he told me.  (Our IT guy at work...his friend is the one who provided the information). 

Hehe well he might be right but there's so much "My friend that works in health care says ..." copy and paste stuff going on through Whatsapp and other modes of messaging that I take it all with a grain of salt.  

Next week I will release my own into the public chain mail...  *ahem* ...  

A friend of mine that's close friends with the agent of Tyson Barrie has told me that right now there are at least 29 if not 30 teams who have said that they want nothing to do with Tyson.  Reportedly Canucks are the only team in the league that are willing to believe in this d-man.  Again, I cannot reveal my identity, but I golf and go for beers with his agent every summer.  Take that how you will, I'm not telling you what's out there on the market, but this is just what I've heard with my own two ears.  Please pass this on as we need to let the public know on what's going on.  

BBC

Bicker

South Korea is at a critical juncture. Yes the aggressive use of technology to trace the virus and the mass testing of all who've been in contact with the infection appears to be a strategy that has worked but the question doctors across the country are asking themselves is - what comes next?

The aim is to reopen schools in two weeks' time. That is why the government is sending out urgent messages calling on the population to maintain social distance measures for the next 15 days to avoid any spike in infections. Spring has arrived and people are eager to enjoy themselves. The sense of solidarity that this is a battle to be won together is crumbling slightly. Health officials are hoping the stark warning that this is a prolonged war will encourage them to hold the line and stay away from mass gatherings. Doctors, meanwhile, are discussing the next possible steps. The trace, test, treat approach will continue. But it will also need to be thought through. For instance, what happens when classrooms become infected? Do they isolate the entire school? Shut down all schools again? Continue to disrupt normal life? 

At a press conference, the head of the National Medical Committee, Dr Oh Myoung-don, told reporters there could be another spike in infections once schools re-opened. He is also concerned about a possible resurgence of the virus this coming winter. He raised the possibility that it may be time to allow part of the population to get sick. The "herd immunity" theory. He acknowledges the risk but also believes now is the time to be having these conversations and warn the public. The paradox of South Korea's success is that having worked so hard to lower infection rates, their medics have to keep going. It's a bit like climbing a steep mountain without knowing how high the peak will be or what obstacles may be in the way. The dire situation in Europe also has many here anxious that if they let up just a little, that too could be their fate.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I may have had elk tenderloins for dinner...... one thing I won’t be running out of is protein.... toilet paper on the other hand may be a problem.... :sadno:

Haha well if you run out, come by Commercial Drive.  Stores there have never been out that I've see, but they will sell you one roll at a time. 

Roll = month for me

Edited by VancouverHabitant

Good news from the epicenter............

Hubei province says to remove travel restrictions on leaving Wuhan on 8 April

Tue 24 Mar 2020 04:53:12 GMT

The Hubei province and Wuhan is starting to open up

Meanwhile, they also announced that travel restrictions in and out of the province will be removed starting from tomorrow, 25 March.

This is a positive sign for China and also for the world, in showing that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that lockdown/containment measures do work.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Good news from the epicenter............

Hubei province says to remove travel restrictions on leaving Wuhan on 8 April

Tue 24 Mar 2020 04:53:12 GMT

The Hubei province and Wuhan is starting to open up

Meanwhile, they also announced that travel restrictions in and out of the province will be removed starting from tomorrow, 25 March.

This is a positive sign for China and also for the world, in showing that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that lockdown/containment measures do work.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

For those who are interested:

Essential Services - Ontario

It's pretty much everything.

Yeah, this list is way too vast.. I working in mining in BC, I definitely would not classify us as an essential service, like Ontario is.

Basically it seems like Ford is just saying Lockdown for the PR, and then allowing everything to continue to stay open minus clothing stores..

Edited by greenbean
Typo
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

She should absolutely take a day off once in a while.  

The worst pandemic in 100 years and our top doctor in BC needs to take a day off?

Pathetic.  That is exactly why she gets paid. To give updates every day.  Sad & brutal....:picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Not stuck, but definitely have had to meal plan on the fly as a particular item of meat or produce has run out when my wife or I have been at the store.  Haven't seen TP in a store in a few weeks, but fortunately we're fine there...for now.

Went to Walmart yesterday and there was tons of TP.

I was disappointed that the prices were so high, but they probably have to pay distributors more just to get some.

• Upvote 1