The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There's an interesting report out of China, that there has been a drop of 21 million Cell phone accounts over the past three months. The suggestion is, that they are not being completely honest with the rest of the world about how many people have died as a result of this and about whether or not they actually have it under control and confined.

Its not like they haven't tried to mislead before...

or maybe people

don't want to pay for phone service

so that they can be tracked ?

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Kind of suspected this, as they did skip a day in their stats.  Also, it appears that they are testing more as well.

They did an update yesterday, so the two day total has already been announced.

Hopefully the increase in numbers IS because of additional tests, with a good number of negative tests.

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Image result for robert redford mountain man gif

True - but those of us healthy enough and capable of doing so - are unlikely to die from this virus.

A romantic idea, but I'll be sticking around to take care of my responsibilities haha.

Good idea thar Pilgrim. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

They did an update yesterday, so the two day total has already been announced.

Hopefully the increase in numbers IS because of additional tests, with a good number of negative tests.

The 2 day total was something like 48.  That doesn't equate to the trend. That would be a drastic drop in new cases.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, falcons said:

Looking forward to taking a walk down memory lane tonight. Canucks vs Flames game 7 1994 playoffs at 7:30 on sportsnet. 

Watched that the other night. Sometimes you forget how different the game was back then. A lot of hooking and holding being let go....even for a payoff game.

Also, we all remember Bure's goal in OT on a brilliant pass from Brown, but Gus Adams' tying goal was pure magic as well....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Watched that the other night. Sometimes you forget how different the game was back then. A lot of hooking and holding being let go....even for a payoff game.

Also, we all remember Bure's goal in OT on a brilliant pass from Brown, but Gus Adams' tying goal was pure magic as well....

lol spoiler alert :canucks::frantic:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The 2 day total was something like 48.  That doesn't equate to the trend. That would be a drastic drop in new cases.

So over two days only 48 new cases, that is good news.

A drastic drop would be even better news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As somebody born in '93, it was really strange to watch. I only caught from late in the second period on, but even in that time I must've seen 15 non-calls that would be considered egregious penalties by today's standard. I'm just talking blatant trips, tackles, etc. No way of counting the little hacks and grabs that would be called now that were just standard practice back then.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

As somebody born in '93, it was really strange to watch. I only caught from late in the second period on, but even in that time I must've seen 15 non-calls that would be considered egregious penalties by today's standard. I'm just talking blatant trips, tackles, etc. No way of counting the little hacks and grabs that would be called now that were just standard practice back then.

They show classic World Championship games once in a while and the further back you go, the worse it gets. It's kind of shocking now, when we see a pro "waterskiing" (hooking from behind and being dragged along) behind an opponent.

18 minutes ago, falcons said:

Looking forward to taking a walk down memory lane tonight. Canucks vs Flames game 7 1994 playoffs at 7:30 on sportsnet. 

Is this TV or internet/streaming?  I couldn't find the last one.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They show classic World Championship games once in a while and the further back you go, the worse it gets. It's kind of shocking now, when we see a pro "waterskiing" (hooking from behind and being dragged along) behind an opponent.

There was probably a dozen times where I was enraged by a non-call or crossing my fingers the Canucks wouldn't get called and then I realized no players, coaches, or fans seemed to give a crap about what happened. Just the way she went back then.

I wanna see the old Summit Series now.

13 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

which makes guys like Gretzky so special.  We can say, all we want, that guys today would absolutely kill it, but put old equipment on them, make them endure the style ofplay Gretz/Mario/Stevie Y had to endure and see how skilled they play.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Have any of you beautiful people been diagnosed with covid 19? Or do you have any family, friends, or know anyone that has?

My boss had originally reported a week or so ago that one of our clients who'd been in for a meeting Feb. 21 had it (and/or his wife?).  When I came down hard on him for his lax attitude about it all, he changed to they don't have it...that they were sick.   I also got a call yesterday from our courier (that we used last Friday) who stated they had a driver with it and were closing down for 2 weeks.  My boss said he wanted to hear for himself and reportedly called him (I think he may have faked the call?) and said I was wrong...that he's "just sick" and I was over reacting.  That he went to ER and got tested...but that was all apparently about 6 minutes after the original call I received from the company??!! So I challenged him because the call and shutdown wouldn't have happened if that was true.   So he's playing games with this, which is why I eventually lost it and said I was leaving.  Really unsafe conditions when he plays with fire and isn't transparent.  I'm now self isolating and working from home, just in case.  I still really don't know...but am erring on the side of caution.  Because now there's a huge breach of trust and my boss is full of....n/m.  Let's just say if he says no, in my mind, it means yes..he may as well go full Trump and start tweeting about all the fake news being reported to us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

which makes guys like Gretzky so special.  We can say, all we want, that guys today would absolutely kill it, but put old equipment on them, make them endure the style ofplay Gretz/Mario/Stevie Y had to endure and see how skilled they play.

A dream would have been to see what Bure could have done with today's equipment and a lack of the ability to grab and hang onto him while he tries to overpower his defenders down the ice.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Bure were able to score 75+ on a regular basis in today's NHL.

• Cheers 1