The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They show classic World Championship games once in a while and the further back you go, the worse it gets. It's kind of shocking now, when we see a pro "waterskiing" (hooking from behind and being dragged along) behind an opponent.

Isn't that move called "the Nedved". :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Someone asked a few pages back if based on how our employer(s) have reacted to COVID whether that makes us want to stay post-covid or you couldn't get out of there quicker.

Luckily I can say I am definitely staying. Now, we are in the healthcare industry so we are a little bit more knowledgeable and wary of the risks (or at least believe them a lot more) so that does play into this. But our director from the get go sent everyone home for work from homes, and is continuing to do his best to create busy work to keep people employed and avoid temporary layoffs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

There's an interesting report out of China, that there has been a drop of 21 million Cell phone accounts over the past three months. The suggestion is, that they are not being completely honest with the rest of the world about how many people have died as a result of this and about whether or not they actually have it under control and confined.

Its not like they haven't tried to mislead before...

Just in case people think that the Chinese were truthful about virus start timeline.

I like to offer them a very lovely bridge for sale, they can choose San Francisco or Brooklyn location.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Someone asked a few pages back if based on how our employer(s) have reacted to COVID whether that makes us want to stay post-covid or you couldn't get out of there quicker.

Luckily I can say I am definitely staying. Now, we are in the healthcare industry so we are a little bit more knowledgeable and wary of the risks (or at least believe them a lot more) so that does play into this. But our director from the get go sent everyone home for work from homes, and is continuing to do his best to create busy work to keep people employed and avoid temporary layoffs. 

My son's workplace too....from the get go.  He's had pneumonia twice over the recent past so they actually insisted he work from home and be safe.  The opposite of what I've experienced.  My daughter's workplace had to lay her off...but that's also better than pretending we're invincible which is my boss' game plan.

It's very revealing to see how different the responses are to this.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My son's workplace too....from the get go.  He's had pneumonia twice over the recent past so they actually insisted he work from home and be safe.  The opposite of what I've experienced.  My daughter's workplace had to lay her off...but that's also better than pretending we're invincible which is my boss' game plan.

It's very revealing to see how different the responses are to this.

I'm fortunate in that I'm in a position where I had the clout to make the call last week to send all staff to work from home.  They have all been working from home since then.  Looks like we'll go with that decision indefinitely as long as the message remains clear from the health officials that staying home is an important measure we can all do to fight this virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Just in case people think that the Chinese were truthful about virus start timeline.

I like to offer them a very lovely bridge for sale, they can choose San Francisco or Brooklyn location.

You're correct about them not being truthful.

As for the 21 million dropped cell accounts. As per the reporting those are business accounts not personal accounts. It's understandable that business accounts would be dropped as so many are quarantined.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

which makes guys like Gretzky so special.  We can say, all we want, that guys today would absolutely kill it, but put old equipment on them, make them endure the style ofplay Gretz/Mario/Stevie Y had to endure and see how skilled they play.

On the flip side goalie equipment was considerably smaller back in the 70's and 80's as well. Can you imagine guy like McDavid of even Pettersson shooting on stand up stick men rather than todays butterfy michelin men?

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

A dream would have been to see what Bure could have done with today's equipment and a lack of the ability to grab and hang onto him while he tries to overpower his defenders down the ice.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Bure were able to score 75+ on a regular basis in today's NHL.

Really tough to say as teams defend so differently today. Rules change so does the way they play.

13 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Number of virus infections in Russia are very low, hence the reason VP looks like he is visiting Chernobyl.

image.jpeg.863c1bb91ec45e2239565313c167c0c3.jpeg

https://abcnews.go.com/International/putin-dons-hazmat-suit-russia-admits-virus-numbers/story?id=69768452

I saw some 'fake news' interviews conducted by western enemies of the people with alleged Russian doctors - who said that Russia was mischaracterizing / intentionally 'misdiagnosing' Covid as pneumonia to create the (illusion?) that Russia is not as at risk at the rest of Europe and Asia.....

I guess Putin bought the hoax....

3 minutes ago, Baggins said:

On the flip side goalie equipment was considerably smaller back in the 70's and 80's as well. Can you imagine guy like McDavid of even Pettersson shooting on stand up stick men rather than todays butterfy michelin men?

Really tough to say as teams defend so differently today. Rules change so does the way they play.

except they wouldn't be able to shoot like they do now, they'd be using the equipment of the day.

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You're correct about them not being truthful.

As for the 21 million dropped cell accounts. As per the reporting those are business accounts not personal accounts. It's understandable that business accounts would be dropped as so many are quarantined.

For sure, no way millions of Chinese have died from this yet.

But as truth goes, they are as reliable as Russians.

I still remember not being able to go out in 1986 when radiation cloud was all over the Europe and Soviets were lying through their teeth.

• Vintage 1