The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Now that you have some extra time I highly recommend watching Chernobyl on HBO. One of the best miniseries I've ever seen. 

I've seen it 4 times now. Not only a great watch, but an excellent history lesson as well. Highly recommend.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, oldnews said:

those are Canadians returning, though.

what politician is going to shut the door to our citizens.... not sure there was really a choice. I just hope they are smart enough to head home and not go visiting and infecting the rest of us at Costco. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Just in case people think that the Chinese were truthful about virus start timeline.

I like to offer them a very lovely bridge for sale, they can choose San Francisco or Brooklyn location.

Forget the timeline. If anyone really believes the numbers that are coming out of China now, I have a bridge in Saskatchewan to sell you. 

Edited by guntrix
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well the choice isn't a 'Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix' type of dictator but rather a 'Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus' type of caesar.

hypothetically.

but i'm not sure Claudius lasts 5 minutes with Cornelius.

Putin plays 3D realpolitik chess vs....well....

'See my friend, there are virtually no cases of Covid in Russia = it was/is a hoax!

We continue, biznes as usual!'

Image result for putin laughing gif

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The worst pandemic in 100 years and our top doctor in BC needs to take a day off?

Pathetic.  That is exactly why she gets paid. To give updates every day.  Sad & brutal....:picard:

Show me a job other then an astronaut that doesn’t have days off in a two month period 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what politician is going to shut the door to our citizens.... not sure there was really a choice. I just hope they are smart enough to head home and not go visiting and infecting the rest of us at Costco. 

Really too bad that our grocery stores are not equiped for large numbers of online orders....

My cousin lives in Abby. He says the next available pickup for grocery time slot.... Is April 6th.....

This will not help keep some of the snowbirds in isolation....

I am hoping online ordering opportunities can be increased to help limit peoples going out into stores....

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what politician is going to shut the door to our citizens....

not one in the world, yet, that I'm aware of.

I'm not sure what you're talking about / whether you read the chain of posts  - it wasn't even impled that they 'should' be closing the border to Canadians.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Really too bad that our grocery stores are not equiped for large numbers of online orders....

My cousin lives in Abby. He says the next available pickup for grocery time slot.... Is April 6th.....

I am hoping online ordering opportunities can be increased to help limit peoples going out into stores....

they should be contracting the taxi companies to do deliveries imo. Can't be in a cab with this 6ft rule can you...

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Show me a job other then an astronaut that doesn’t have days off in a two month period 

Lighthouse keeper?:bigblush:  Actually astronauts do get days off in space.  

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Honestly that's not bad at all, I expected worse.

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

they should be contracting the taxi companies to do deliveries imo. Can't be in a cab with this 6ft rule can you...

Ny city is doing that and paying 15hr plus kms and something else.

March 23:  67 new cases

March 24:  78 new cases

617 total in BC now

59 hospitalized / 23 in ICU 

No additional deaths 

28% total cases recovered 

Gave numbers for care homes Lynn Valley 42 residents/21 staff

Hollyburn 1 resident

Haro Park 15 residents / 25 staff

Deltaview and Dufferin. (?) each 1

German Cdn (?) 1 staff member

New care homes (1 each?) are Little Mountain and Evergreen Heights

She moved quickly so this is me jotting notes...check for accuracy as they'll be posted shortly I'm sure.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Honestly that's not bad at all, I expected worse.

Snowbirds arrived home and can't do an online grocery order for 2 weeks.....

This is not good.  How many of these seniors will just drive and shop instead of doing the right thing....

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

Thanks Deb....you are quicker than me :P

Dr. Henry also mentioned that the backlog of testing was now up to date.   Possibly the numbers won’t be as high for the next while??  Just hopeful thinking.

Thanks Lois!   Missed that part...a good point for sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1