The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah.  I get a good laugh when a reporter asks a question he doesn't like and he puts on his scowl face with squinty eyes.  'Course lately I've noticed that he's getting some puffiness below his eyes, so when he squints, he looks like his eyes are closed. LOL  The other day he was openly pondering on whether some of the cruise ships should take on the sick so that it would lessen the pressure on the hospitals.  Okay man, that sure worked out for the Princess customers.

I honestly wonder, after hearing trump try to put together a coherent sentence, if we are all being punked....maybe he is just a bloated 1st generation AI. He does not look or speak more intelligently than a first gen robot I saw online...

Image result for stupid robot

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

My wife co-worker was diagnosed confirmed Covid-19.   She was feeling ill on March 12th with the runs.  Went home afterward and saw her doctor.  Initially the doctor said she was just sick.  She insisted to take the test.  She didn't have difficulty breathing but felt her chest was "off".  Got swabbed.  And 10 days later doctor confirmed she had it but is most likely in recovery stage now.

So bear in mind, it took up to 10 days for the test results.

Eerily similar to what I had back in mid February. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, samurai said:

This is good for those wanting to follow what is happening world-wide. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Viruses mutate, don't ya know!

The virus is here to stay and unfortunately people we all know will eventually perish, but it's just a matter of when.

That's the reality of the situation.

From BCNU:

BCNU is working hard to ensure that vulnerable members, such as nurses who are immune-compromised or pregnant and potentially at higher risk of serious impact of COVID-19, are provided with fast-tracked medical accommodations during the outbreak. There should be no requirement to provide medical notes under the current circumstances, however medical confirmation may be required following the COVID-19 crisis. PROCESS Requests for accommodation should be initiated by individual members who should contact their manager to begin the process. If needed, members can seek assistance from their steward or Enhanced Disability Management Program rep. Managers should attempt to accommodate through redeployment to non-risk areas, allow working from home or assigning other appropriate work. Where accommodation is not possible, nurses should stay home and be able to access sick leave, federal employment insurance (EI) benefits or, if needed, other banks such as vacation or overtime banks.