The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I don't know what else we could do.... public shaming on social media perhaps??? Dr. Henry clearly said that we don't have the manpower to take tips and arrest people.... so all this talk on isolation is kinda ..... nice to do in reality??? When I was watching the speech by Mayor Stewart, I could feel his determination... however, his powers are limited and it's up to Dr. Henry's orders.. and so far, no offense..... it sucks balls!

They should feel shame but gathering in public in the first place tells me they won't. We, collectively, can only do what we're doing as individuals which is our civic duty (I feel).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I wear a dust mask, it's piece of mind for me.  If nurses are being told they can use a scarf or bandanna than a dust mask works for me.  I have one N95 mask at home, and learned yesterday that it's possible N95 masks can be sterilized and reused in an oven.

https://iheartintelligence.com/stanford-researchers-n95-masks-sterilized-reused-low-temperature-heating/

Funny I got mocked by co-workers for wearing one, yet day by day more and more employees are wearing them.  If this blows over and turns out it was just a minor bug no one is going to give these naysayers a medal or anything. 

My advice: Expect and prepare for the worse so that no matter what happens nothing will surprise you(and say that in Littlefingers voice)

Image result for littlefinger

Yup... exactly my thoughts... whatever coverings you can find or make... you use them to reduce droplets, both from others and fired out by yourself!! It's quite a simple logic and yet not really accepted by our society. 

I got kids... I got elderly living in the home... I can't care less about the looks on people seeing me wear a mask to the grocery store.... if anyone challenges me, I'd say "F off!! you are not the one taking care of my own fam, I am!!!"

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

The logistics for enforcing this seem astounding

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/mandatory-quarantines-for-international-travellers-kick-in-at-midnight-health-minister/ar-BB11HkdQ?ocid=spartanntp

Mandatory quarantines for international travellers kick in at midnight: health minister

Going to be interesting to see how they enforce it.  Its one thing to say its "mandatory" and one thing for people to follow through it as mandatory.

• Vintage 1