The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Going to be interesting to see how they enforce it.  Its one thing to say its "mandatory" and one thing for people to follow through it as mandatory.

I think the only thing that can be done considering the current manpower, resources, and keeping police sheltered from the virus as much as possible is to publicize those few who do get arrested and have random checks/check-ins on those quarantined. Even phone calls to the quarantined to make sure they're still inside would (hopefully) be enough to deter many from breaking quarantine.

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

We are living in such a backward society now... we are so afraid of adopting the prevention model in Asia where they are all expected to use face masks and adhere to strict isolation after travelling back home. Dr. Henry repeatedly said masks don't protect us and if we are healthy.....but....... isn't there a long incubation period and many carriers don't show symptoms at all? 

Then, there's the huge controversy between Dr. Henry and the hospital frontline heroes.... the medical staff are screaming for more supplies and are demanding lockdown!! Dr. Henry claims she's not aware of any shortage in medical supplies and that we shouldn't do too much too soon... WTF eh???????????

My thoughts on this criss...  we should all do our part... don't fxxking leave our homes unless one person in the house is going out to get food or to keep our jobs or to deal with something medically urgent.... we can weather this storm in solidarity.... we know we can't count on this gov't or BC Health alone.... do what makes logical sense! Don't let misinformation and stigma fxxk us up!

Not saying that you didn't actually hear or read this, but peeps need to add links to these kind of comments, so that others can verify it for themselves. 

Your final comment is bang on.  Peeps need to take responsibility for there own actions.

• Like 1

Someone earlier said "you can't fix stupid".....case in point....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/young-people-attended-a-coronavirus-party-in-kentucky-governor-says-at-least-one-reveler-is-now-infected/ar-BB11Htz2?li=AAggFp4

As the novel coronavirus continues to sweep across the United States, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear (D) suggested a list of dos and don’ts for residents during a news conference Tuesday. 

Do: Follow public health recommendations on social distancing. Help provide meals to needy communities. Donate medical supplies if possible. 

Don’t: Host or attend a “coronavirus party.”

Amid an ongoing global pandemic, Beshear’s “don’t” may seem like an obvious instruction. But on Tuesday, the governor found himself having to explicitly tell people to stop taking part in such events after one reveler tested positive for covid-19. 

The governor did not identify the individual, who is among the state’s 39 new coronavirus cases, but said the partygoers consisted of people in their 20s, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

“This is the part where I, the person that tells everybody to be calm, have to remain calm myself,” Beshear said at a news conference. “Anyone who goes to something like this may think that they are indestructible, but it’s someone else’s loved one that they are going to hurt.

It wasn’t clear who, aside from Beshear, called the gathering a “coronavirus party.” The label used by the governor likely applies to any party-like event taking place during the outbreak at which attendees may be mingling in close quarters.

The “coronavirus party” in Kentucky is the latest instance of young people openly defying federal health guidelines intended to slow the spread of the virus that has so far sickened at least 54,000 people in the U.S., causing 783 deaths. In recent weeks, officials in cities nationwide have struggled to rein in youthful partyers, who are largely ignoring the seriousness of the ongoing pandemic in favor of having a good time.

That kind of behavior cannot stand in Kentucky, where the number of confirmed cases has reached 163 with four dead, Beshear said Tuesday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Looking at the essential services guide and it seems any business can justify being open, everything from a vacuum repair shop to a car dealership.  

Car dealership excuses are hilarious, Nurses and Doctors need to get to work. Surely they're too busy dealing with a pandemic to stop and upgrade a 2-4 year newer car :picard:

Speaking of "deliberately divisive".....

President Trump taunted Mitt Romney on Wednesday after the Utah senator tested negative for coronavirus, ostensibly cheering the news before going on to slam his record as a presidential candidate and member of Congress.

“This is really great news! I am so happy I can barely speak. He may have been a terrible presidential candidate and an even worse U.S. Senator, but he is a RINO, and I like him a lot!” Trump tweeted early Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-trolls-romney-over-coronavirus-test/ar-BB11H2o7?li=AAggNb9

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

No man.... someone definitely lied to us on medical supplies shortage and level of urgency... you can decide which side you want to take. For the longest time we were told the risk is low low lowwwwww.... until we are seeing hundreds.. and then thousands of cases... 

I'm with you on not hoarding medical supplies... but I was reading up some articles on how Taiwan/Singapore/HongKong battle this thing... they seem to have a plan on limiting purchases ... The Gov't of Singapore even got the capability to hand out free masks to citizens so together, they reduce the rate of outbreaks... so help me understand why we can't do the same?? Coz... Singapore is much wealthier and quicker to react/prevent? I dunno.....

These countries (and others) are supreme in creative manufacturing and production.  They can easily change the application to a new product (as required) and carry on.

Canada is still very much a nation of natural resource sellers, although there are indications that certain manufacturers are stepping up to the plate. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Car dealership excuses are hilarious, Nurses and Doctors need to get to work. Surely they're too busy dealing with a pandemic to stop and upgrade a 2-4 year newer car :picard:

It has more to do with servicing and parts than sales. Have to keep those vehicles rolling. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It has more to do with servicing and parts than sales. Have to keep those vehicles rolling. 

good things as my buddy needs two new front tires. Both were worn down and one went flat.

42 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Not saying that you didn't actually hear or read this, but peeps need to add links to these kind of comments, so that others can verify it for themselves. 

Your final comment is bang on.  Peeps need to take responsibility for there own actions.

Well my Sister in Law (works at a hospital) says they are running out of face masks.  Maybe enough for 1 more week.  They had patients and people walking in from the streets (and possibly staff) steal boxes of them.  Now it's under lock and key.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He said yesterday on Faux News that he hoped the churches would be "packed" for Easter.....:rolleyes:

I'm hoping that parishioners will ignore his ravings, but as we all know, a certain percentage of them take his word as gospel....they might just be up for a Darwin Award, even though many of them don't believe in him...

Yeah, I heard that bit from him....what a joke.  Then again, how else will we initiate Pence's plan of praying the virus away unless we start packing those churches with people. 

(Hopefully those church goers will just pray for better leadership instead)

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

at this rate USA will be number two on total cases list in three days

Whoa, whoa, whoa....you think King Trump wants to finish runner up to the Chinese?  Oh no, our fearless leader is gonna take us all the way to the top seed!  Thanks, Donald....MAGA!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Yeah, I heard that bit from him....what a joke.  Then again, how else will we initiate Pence's plan of praying the virus away unless we start packing those churches with people. 

(Hopefully those church goers will just pray for better leadership instead)

Those churchgoers will be too busy looking at the horizon for the pale horse. 

• Upvote 1