The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's something I've always found odd....

In this day and age, you still have to go into the bank and sign a mountain of paperwork for mortgages, etc. We should have had a digital system set up for this ages ago....

....so do I tell the convict to give me more then 3 feet of space???? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Not sure what the directive here in SD52 is, but I'm a bit surprised that BCTF doesn't have something to say about that.....:unsure:

Again, it's a bit political.  The reason schools are even open this coming week is because of child care reasons for the health workers and other true essential services.

BCTF needs to show they support the nurses.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Well, SD22 is also the same district that permitted their kids to travel overseas as recent as just 2 weeks ago when Europe was in full blown Covid madness:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/279188/Vernon-high-schools-still-travelling-amid-coronavirus-concerns

Like I said, each district will be a bit different.

Those trips didn't happen - on the 12th, my wife was pulled into a staff meeting and they told everyone "no travel" - if you did - you would have to self isolate (without pay) for 2 weeks - there were teachers planning to go to Mexico - so they cancelled.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Baggins said:

They'll pass Italy for total cases by the end of the week. But they already hit #1 in the world for active cases. I'm surprised Trump hasn't started the "we're number one" chant.

We're actually saving up the "USA" chant for church on Easter Sunday.  It'll immediately follow Father Trump's sermon.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Those trips didn't happen - on the 12th, my wife was pulled into a staff meeting and they told everyone "no travel" - if you did - you would have to self isolate (without pay) for 2 weeks - there were teachers planning to go to Mexico - so they cancelled.

Glad to hear that.  Likely the trustees made the decision.  Staff have no say in those kinds of things. (talking about the international travel for students)

Purely speculative, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the province simply close the schools next week.  They tried to do something nice by supporting the health workers, but their decision goes strictly against the advice of the health workers themselves.

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Again, it's a bit political.  The reason schools are even open this coming week is because of child care reasons for the health workers and other true essential services.

BCTF needs to show they support the nurses.

If my kids were still in school - I wouldn't allow them to go to school next week.  You're right - politics is looking after itself.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

If my kids were still in school - I wouldn't allow them to go to school next week.  You're right - politics is looking after itself.

BC government needs to step up and do it part .  Time to close schools completely.... and have teachers work from home with students....

Sending back thoussands of teachers into schools next week is insanity......

Time for our BC government to show leadership.......  

Edited by kingofsurrey

This just in:

After being diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier today, Prince Charles was told in no uncertain terms, that he should listen to instructions from his physician....

....to which, the future King responded: "I'm all ears!" B)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Glad to hear that.  Likely the trustees made the decision.  Staff have no say in those kinds of things. (talking about the international travel for students)

Purely speculative, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the province simply close the schools next week.  They tried to do something nice by supporting the health workers, but their decision goes strictly against the advice of the health workers themselves.

I wonder if threatening to not pay staff will only encourage staff that crossed the border to go into work..

Seems kind of silly to take peoples pay away for doing the right thing and quarentining themselves... School districts even told staff that had 50 sick days acrrued.... that they could not use them for quatentine....   Makes ZERO sense.  

Once again BC governement and school districts do the WRONG thing....

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Not saying that you didn't actually hear or read this, but peeps need to add links to these kind of comments, so that others can verify it for themselves. 

Your final comment is bang on.  Peeps need to take responsibility for there own actions.

Hard to when I'm working from home and watching stuff on TV... can't afford to do research on internet to take snipshots of that open letter by Royal Columbia Hospital staff addressed to Dr. Henry... and then her response live on TV couple days ago... it's just very infuriating because we know we can trust our frontline heroes... they wouldn't blow this out of proportion to benefit themselves. 

• Thanks 1