The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

11 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

it was in Regards to the Democrats response towards the Government.. Context is important

Trump and officials actually have been very critical of the Chinese administration..Meanwhile the Democrats are throwing outrage towards Trump instead of the Chinese Government 

When you stand in front of an Audience.  Claim this virus is a hoax.  That it's only been created by the democrats to hurt him, his party and the US

Wtf kind of context do you need?  People in America have been showing growing resentment towards the Asian population due to this.

Wtf do you think they'll do to anyone left of centre if they start believing this level of bs?

12 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

it was in Regards to the Democrats response towards the Government.. Context is important

Trump and officials actually have been very critical of the Chinese administration..Meanwhile the Democrats are throwing outrage towards Trump instead of the Chinese Government 

Just another reason to add to the many why Trump wins a second term.  

Where do these nasty bugs start?  China, right?  Maybe the world should finish that Great Wall? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Logitek said:

Have you not seen the videos that leaked from China before they cracked down on censorship?

They definitely are aware. They know just how bad this is and slowly everybody here will realize it too. 

Edit: similar videos coming out of Iran too now. 

The video posted earlier about the dog eating, the guy in the video who I have followed for ages just came out and said China media has been muzzled even more even with them already all being part of the communist party.  Cracked down harder on VPN (which people use to get info out of Chinas borders) so going to be interesting to see how far the government goes to muzzle even more info. 

Coronavirus has probably been spreading undetected for about six weeks in Washington state

Sun 1 Mar 2020 21:44:22 GMT

Washington Post reports on COVID-19 spread in the US

the first U.S. death was reported this weekend
  • A genetic analysis suggests that the cases are linked through community transmission and that this has been going on for weeks, with hundreds of infections likely in the state.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-rate-cuts-1.5478258

How the coronavirus has thrown interest rate plans out the window

40 banks around the world have already cut interest rates — and Canada could be next

Pete Evans · CBC News · Posted: Feb 29, 2020 4:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 8 hours ago

poloz-wilkins-smile.jpg
Stephen Poloz, governor of the Bank of Canada, and deputy governor Carolyn Wilkins will announce the bank's latest decision on interest rates next week. (David Kawai/Bloomberg)

Central bankers are waking up to dramatically overhauled expectations about interest rates, as the coronavirus that started in China and is now creeping around the world rewrites their plans as quickly as the virus spreads.

Investors are betting that there's better than a two in three chance of a rate cut from the Bank of Canada as soon as next Wednesday, when Canada's central bank is poised to reveal its next decision on interest rates. Not everyone believes it's a sure thing, but the probability goes up as the illness spreads.

At the start of the year, the odds of Canada cutting its rate at the March meeting were barely one in 20. Even a week ago, the odds of a cut were barely one in six. But that was before the virus that causes COVID-19 started its spread around the world, infecting markets everywhere with something almost as dangerous as the pathogen itself: fear.

Both Canadian and U.S. stock markets are in correction territory, meaning declines of more than 10 per cent. Supply chains at technology companies like Apple have been disrupted as Chinese factories shut down, making it impossible for manufacturers to get finished products to market. 

Airlines have seen their ticket sales plunge as consumers decide to stay home. Businesses around the world are cancelling conferences and other events that require people to meet face to face. And if coronavirus becomes widespread here, many businesses will struggle with shortages of workers and supplies.

All things being equal, central banks raise interest rates when they want to cool down overheated economies. They cut when they want to stimulate an economy that needs a little warming up.

Faced with the potential of a sickly economy because of coronavirus, central banks around the world are expected to try to flood the system with cheap money in the hope that it's the shot in the arm the economy needs to get better. 

China, Brazil, Russia, the EU, Indonesia, India and Mexico have all cut in recent months.

Well on the bright side my mortgage is up in July so hopefully this keeps dropping rates lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kurtis said:

My wife and I just bought a place in Pitt meadows. Hopefully the market doesn't crash.. 

Well if you don't plan on moving any time soon any dip will eventually come back up.  Thats why I am in it for the next 40+ years

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kurtis said:

My wife and I just bought a place in Pitt meadows. Hopefully the market doesn't crash.. 

I can tell you this much, interest rates are going to go way lower.

Second US coronavirus death reported - Seattle

Mon 2 Mar 2020 01:58:49 GMT

CNN report on a second death from COVID-19 

• a man died Saturday
More from CNN:
  • a man in his 70's with underlying health conditions,
  • hospitalized in Kirkland
  • total of 10 cases in King County (All are residents of the LifeCare long term care facility in Kirkland, Washington )
  • Cheers 1

119 People Quarantined In A Brothel In Spain

Of all the places to be quarantined, a brothel in Valencia, Spain, might not be the worst. You've got booze, you've likely got a small buffet of fried foods and you've got entertainment.

But in all seriousness, that was exactly the case a day ago when authorities found that a woman working at the "La Selva Negra" brothel had tested positive for coronavirus. The findings forced authorities to quarantine the premises and the 86 customers that were inside.

The employee, who is now in the hospital, had "slept with several clients that same night," according to a translated blog post on the story.

In addition to the customers, the club's owners, waitresses, security and cleaning crew were also quarantined. When added to the total of 86 customers, it makes 119 people under quarantine. They have been asked to "keep calm" and to just "live a normal life" inside the premises.

That may be easier for some of the patrons than they'd like to admit.

And for all those guys who told their wives they were going to a wine tasting with their buddies and instead went to the brothel, the news may be worse than coronavirus - you're officially busted. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/silver-linings-playbook-119-people-quarantined-brothel-spain

:picard:

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 3

Its confirmed in Republic of Ireland as well. Guy brought it home from Italy. Another woman went through Dublin airport on the way to Belfast as well. 

Its about to hit the fan i think. The msm is fear mongering for the sake of clicks, but they may be more right than they believe. 

It was always a bad sign when china started building hospitals in a week. 

We did a big 300 euro shop for stuff to freeze, and canned goods/water just in case. Scary that it may come down to lockdown. 

Stay clean and start stockpiling. You can always use canned goods even if it doesnt come down to lockdown. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Weve also pulled our kid from creche (play school) for the foreseeable future. Seems like he picks something nasty up every couple weeks, and this is one thing we dont want him taking home to granny and kidney transplant grand dad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Its confirmed in Republic of Ireland as well. Guy brought it home from Italy. Another woman went through Dublin airport on the way to Belfast as well. 

Its about to hit the fan i think. The msm is fear mongering for the sake of clicks, but they may be more right than they believe. 

It was always a bad sign when china started building hospitals in a week. 

We did a big 300 euro shop for stuff to freeze, and canned goods/water just in case. Scary that it may come down to lockdown. 

Stay clean and start stockpiling. You can always use canned goods even if it doesnt come down to lockdown. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Weve also pulled our kid from creche (play school) for the foreseeable future. Seems like he picks something nasty up every couple weeks, and this is one thing we dont want him taking home to granny and kidney transplant grand dad. 

Good thing I just happen to have 2 chest freezers right full. Wasn't for this reason, was more Costco impulse buying lol

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Logitek said:

Meanwhile Health Canada and our Government is silent on the issue unlike every single other countries Government who is impacted by this.

Where is our Government? Why aren't they doing anything?

Why when we found a case in a school here did the school remain open but every other country closes the school down?  Are they inept?

Ah because you know how our government reacts, they are like the WHO and just downplay everything until a pandemic has hit us then they will be one "well ummm Yea so we got a case that has popped up with nothing to worry about" 

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

2.5% mortality rate observed over 77,000 cases, majority with underlying health concerns.

Hey Chicken Little, how's the sky doin' today?

That's what I thought too. But then Spanish Flu had the same and ended up killing 30 million. That works out to 193 million today. Maybe it's mother nature's attempt to keep things in check. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

I talk to an elderly guy at the pool, he said he's going to Italy in a week.  I asked him if we was concerned and he wasn't, wonder if he totally understands the risks?  Even if you got the flu and beat it it would still be a major PITA being quarantined - I wouldn't risk it.  

• Vintage 1