The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Weird....

I just got a Fedex package from Russia.  Food!   Looks like some kind of sandwich.  There's some writing in Cyrillic on the wrapper "Ivan's finest polonium meat sandwiches".  mmmmm...smells real good but I ate dinner already!  I think I'll give it to my buddy Alf!

Those are good eating! They'll definitely curie what ails ya....

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Risky play but Tump's suggestions can, and should, be considered crimes against humanity.  The responsible thing to do is to remove Trump from office by any means necessary before more innocent people die due to his disregard for human life.  Forget locking him up, that evil piece of garbage needs to be swinging from the gallows.

I don't disagree that he's an idiot. My worry is by the US gov't showing discord like this, at a time like this, people will just be encouraged to do stupid things. Its good to point out where things can be done better but when she's talking about more investigations at a time like this it looks like she cares more about removing Trump than fighting the virus. 

16 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I wish that for the sake of lives you'd get democrats, CNN, MSNBC praising Trump for "constantly following the advice of experts"... maybe he is just narcissistic enough to love the praise that he'd actually do what's actually right. 

I think the promising element is the fact that his popularity went up, right after he finally admitted to the severity of the situation. Nothing is more important to president Dotard than how popular he is, so we can hope that he continues to do the right thing....even if it is for the wrong reasons....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the promising element is the fact that his popularity went up, right after he finally admitted to the severity of the situation. Nothing is more important to president Dotard than how popular he is, so we can hope that he continues to do the right thing....even if it is for the wrong reasons....

here's a great example of how Trump gets in his own way. I'll just leave the link here since its a long story to reprint but for some reason he started attacking GM and Ventec who are working closely and incredibly fast on scaling up ventilator production. For some reason, Trump decided it was a good idea to attack GMs CEO and criticize the effort, and then be even more confusing on sunday saying its all good. 

Its a pathetic effort to make people think he's "managing" the effort. Old school 1970s shake the tree style management theory. It was garbage then and its worse now.

But, thankfully, some smart cookies at GM and Ventec are doing a good job anyway. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/business/gm-ventilators-coronavirus-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't disagree that he's an idiot. My worry is by the US gov't showing discord like this, at a time like this, people will just be encouraged to do stupid things. Its good to point out where things can be done better but when she's talking about more investigations at a time like this it looks like she cares more about removing Trump than fighting the virus. 

But removing Trump directly assists with fighting the virus.  She's in a tough position.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

But removing Trump directly assists with fighting the virus.  She's in a tough position.

SMH at those that just keep thinking (and I use that loosely) that Trump is somehow affecting COVID-19.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

he seems to have listened to Fauci finally and isn't doing his disaster by Easter plan, so there's that at least. And individual states have a lot of power too. 

She's potentially undermining her own messaging tho. Lets say she was successful somehow in removing him tomorrow. It would throw the states into an frantic polarized state where not much would get done and potentially make things far worse. Trump needs to be voted out at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

SMH at those that just keep thinking (and I use that loosely) that Trump is somehow affecting COVID-19.

really? you don't think a potus can have an effect on a pandemic effort? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

He's just a figure head - same as Trudeau - neither one is making the decisions.  

You need to go back to like grade 6 Social Studies to understand that the President of the United States holds way more power than the Prime Minister. I'm not just talking about the USA being bigger and therefore having more power. The US system is designed to give the President more power compared to the CDN system. 

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

You need to go back to like grade 6 Social Studies to understand that the President of the United States holds way more power than the Prime Minister. I'm not just talking about the USA being bigger and therefore having more power. The US system is designed to give the President more power compared to the CDN system. 

From what I remember - it's the opposite - The senate in the US has the power.

I guess you need to go back to grade six:

"A US president needs to have the backing of his party and a majority in both the senate and house of representatives to exercise the same amount of legislative power that a Canadian Pm with a majority has. "

Edited by Heretic