The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

You gotta consider though,,, @Alflives does depend on cats for his diet, so any real animal-related issues put him in a higher risk category :lol:

I heard he was trying out "Beyond Buttons" until this thing is eradicated.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Uk and Ireland infected going up. Ireland saying to get ready cause this is gonna hurt. 

*edit.   They are probably going to cancel the St Paddys day parade in Ireland, which for the irish, is kinda like  canada day/independence day/ halloween/ and get effed up three times as bad day. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what good would that do? no one's going to give out a persons address. 

No one is asking for the addresses, but since this is the 1st identified case with unknown origin, means a possibility of community transmission happening. By specifying on the area, it may prompt people in the area with similar symptoms to go get tested instead of brushing it off as normal flu.

"There's likely at least one other person out there who has this disease or had this disease, and we need to find them," she told reporters at a press conference Thursday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

8 more cases of COVID-19 virus identified in B.C., including 1 of unknown origin

Wish they would stop using "Vancouver Coastal Health region" or "Fraser Health region" and just directly specify the area.

This is getting friggin’ stupid.  Just say where, so we can protect ourselves.  Did the person catch it from a dog or bird or something? 

• Wat 1

26 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

No one is asking for the addresses, but since this is the 1st identified case with unknown origin, means a possibility of community transmission happening. By specifying on the area, it may prompt people in the area with similar symptoms to go get tested instead of brushing it off as normal flu.

"There's likely at least one other person out there who has this disease or had this disease, and we need to find them," she told reporters at a press conference Thursday.

you already know what you need to. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what more do you need to know? you know its in BC, its in the community, and how to protect yourself. 

Thing is that area ranges from anywhere from Burnaby/Richmond/Delta all the way east to Hope. That is a pretty large community and there for the information is vague. People want to be aware of where to stay away from. Again we are so focused on not hurting feelings rather than stop the spread. By knowing where the infected are in which municipalities (EG: Mission, Surrey and Richmond) would be more helpful than not. If government and health officials say they will do whatever it takes to protect Canadians (Justin Trudeau’s very words) then why not say where exactly to inform/protect us? 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what more do you need to know? you know its in BC, its in the community, and how to protect yourself. 

It's good to take precautions regardless, but they can vary on the severity. I have 3 young kids...if it got to the point of severe i our neighbourhood, then they're staying home. Right now it's not severe, so we're still going out. It's just a matter of staying away from people, not touching everything & washing hands. There's a difference and that's just one example. 

10 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Thing is that area ranges from anywhere from Burnaby/Richmond/Delta all the way east to Hope. That is a pretty large community and there for the information is vague. People want to be aware of where to stay away from. Again we are so focused on not hurting feelings rather than stop the spread. By knowing where the infected are in which municipalities (EG: Mission, Surrey and Richmond) would be more helpful than not. If government and health officials say they will do whatever it takes to protect Canadians (Justin Trudeau’s very words) then why not say where exactly to inform/protect us? 

hurt feelings? what? 

You need to now assume it can be anywhere. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IRR said:

It's good to take precautions regardless, but they can vary on the severity. I have 3 young kids...if it got to the point of severe i our neighbourhood, then they're staying home. Right now it's not severe, so we're still going out. It's just a matter of staying away from people, not touching everything & washing hands. There's a difference and that's just one example. 

that would be a chore with 3 little ones, thats for sure. Luckily this particular disease seems to be milder in kids. 

The BC gov't is as on top of it as any organization can be, so fortunately they are getting good info out through the news but really at this point its in the community, knowing where one case was doesn't protect you from the ones you don't know about, and they are likely out there now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toews said:

Wearing one of those surgical masks? If the number of cases shoots up I think it would be prudent to take some precautions. 

I was making a different point. Alf wanted to no where outbreaks were happening. so we can "protect ourselves"....

....we already know how to protect ourselves. Why do we need to know where?

22 minutes ago, Toews said:

Wearing one of those surgical masks? If the number of cases shoots up I think it would be prudent to take some precautions. 

Surgical masks are useless.  The only masks that offer some protection are those labelled N95.

• Upvote 2