The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

11 hours ago, High and Inside said:

Why compare it to other ways to die? It doesn’t replace its an additive. Not too mention mechanisms are in place to try and prevent car accidents from happening and if they do happen we can treat them. The virus is just a total onslaught that we have no defence for at the moment. Car accidents are relatively spread out and maybe barring a bad weather day they’ll be space in the ER to  give care. In some cities with the coronavirus the amount will be many more patients then there is beds. Eventually you’ll have to go in a lottery to  decide if you live or die. The coronavirus is a different game then the flu, a car accident or any other comparison. 

Weird previous post...comparing covid-19 to car crashes.

Sheesh......:picard:

9 hours ago, spur1 said:

The problem with car accident deaths is just another problem with capitalism. Too much money in the way to change and fix the problem. What do we expect to happen driving fancy buggies on roads designed for horses. Like wake to frig up. 

YEAH!!!

Cuz the Trans Canada Highway was build for horses!!

:frantic:

9 hours ago, spur1 said:

Exactly so why are we still using over powered buggies on roads designed by the romans for frigging chariots. I mean really think about it. Our transportation systems are still in the dark ages. Anything over 20 km per hour should be on a rail/tube controlled system. 
That is something this pandemic is bringing to light, do we really need to travel so much from place to place, or is it just a another thing to do? Why are we bending over backwards for corporations that need us to make them rich when it should be the other way around. 
Now is a great time to ponder these and many more questions. Just what are we doing here?

Apparently you are not a transportation degree graduate.

9 hours ago, spur1 said:

Road deaths and our archaic transportation systems have been my  pet peeve for years. Why are we still driving on roads designed for horse and buggies. Not to mention adding ridiculous amount of horsepower to speed to our destination in a unnecessary quick amount of time. I mean really what is the rush? Is the world going to end before we get there? 

Well then, get out of that car you probably drive every day and be an example.

But I am sure you are one of those people that always complain about other cars and then you get in your car. Give me a break.

Now I am going to get into my new RAM I just bought and go to work. Later bub....

Edit: RAM = 395 hp....LOVE IT!!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, samurai said:

Is it fun? Your choice to see it as minimizing. I do not see it that way.   

It's interesting how you see this crisis so differently than everyone else, almost as if you have some sort of special insight into the world that no one else does. I think there's a name for that type of pov?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It's interesting how you see this crisis so differently than everyone else, almost as if you have some sort of special insight into the world that no one else does. I think there's a name for that type of pov?

And your special power is knowing the thoughts of 'everyone'.  

7 hours ago, Qwags said:

Probably see this photo in history books.

Post image

This ship is not going to be treating Covid-19 patients, BTW. It's there to take the pressure off by treating patients with other issues, allowing the existing NYC hospitals to concentrate on patients who have the virus.

It's a pretty impressive ship. Basically a floating hospital, with 1000 beds and 12 operating rooms. (I think that was the number they quoted)

11 hours ago, High and Inside said:

Why compare it to other ways to die? It doesn’t replace its an additive. Not too mention mechanisms are in place to try and prevent car accidents from happening and if they do happen we can treat them. The virus is just a total onslaught that we have no defence for at the moment. Car accidents are relatively spread out and maybe barring a bad weather day they’ll be space in the ER to  give care. In some cities with the coronavirus the amount will be many more patients then there is beds. Eventually you’ll have to go in a lottery to  decide if you live or die. The coronavirus is a different game then the flu, a car accident or any other comparison. 

You're spot on!! If i have to explain one more time to people that comparing other types of deaths are irrelevant, i'm going to lose my mind! 

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’s the worst. He has zero compassion or humility. All that matters to him is what makes him look good for re-election. That’s it. 

If Dump was an actual mature and responsible person, he’d rise above the cacophony of the press and provide support to all levels of government without needing praise or recognition. 

It’s all about what he can get out of it for himself and his wealthy benefactors. 

I know this is probably not the right thread for this comment, but I wonder if in the end Trump uses this as a way to postpone the election? Can't really have primary's to find an opponent, and I all the people voting might go against social distancing. Just things I've been thinking about.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/some-us-churches-flout-covid-19-restrictions-1.5515436

Quote- "The church is not a non-essential. The church is the most essential thing in all the world,"

Bunch of god damn morons:picard:

Have you heard about the experience at Liberty College?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/liberty-university-coronavirus-student-positive-jerry-falwell-jr

10 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Quote- "The church is not a non-essential. The church is the most essential thing in all the world,"

South Korea is looking at criminal charges for these types of people: https://www.france24.com/en/20200303-south-korea-seeks-criminal-charges-against-christian-sect-over-coronavirus-spread

That would never happen in the US tho. 

15 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Bunch of god damn morons:picard:

Arrest, jail and charge all of them not just the pastor.  The damn people know whats going on, they shouldn't be left off the charges.

Just now, Russ said:

Arrest, jail and charge all of them not just the pastor.  The damn people know whats going on, they shouldn't be left off the charges.

I personally could care less (well, except for the children that had no choice but go with their parent) about them getting sick.  Problem is, not only is there a good chance they'll just clog up all the hospital beds with their ignorant butts but infect a ton of other innocent people along the way.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, samurai said:

And your special power is knowing the thoughts of 'everyone'.  

My mistake - allow me to rephrase that: pretty well everyone else. I mean, you're still throwing shade any chance you can to downplay the severity when data and health professionals across the world say differently. I haven't heard any credible sources or voices agreeing with your comparisons and contrarian stance with the pandemic; this gif comes to mind...

Everything Is Fine GIF by memecandy 

• Cheers 1