The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe everyone should take twenty minutes and step back. These are hard times from a psychological standpoint and that stress can be hard to release. 

Take care of yourselves. 

Main reason why I’ve been away from this thread for two weeks.  It’s most likely at the point where the harm is close to the good in here.

peace and good health blunt.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Main reason why I’ve been away from this thread for two weeks.  It’s most likely at the point where the harm is close to the good in here.

I was on a lot of yesterday and it wasn't too bad. You obviously get the odd person with a different opinion which is fine, but then you also get the odd flame war sprouting up.

The usual basically. lol

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Hey just relax ok.

there is no angle.  

do you have an angle?  I don’t think you do.

so I’m not sure why you’re responding with these extreme comparisons.

my posts have said that not all documented deaths can be attributed to Covid.  All being the key word.

you'll probably decide that the following statement of opinion is an angle.  I can’t help that but here goes:

All of us:  citizens, gvt leaders, business owners, scientists, doctors/health pros, and health ministers have the opportunity to at least have a different look at the way policies are made,  laws are made, lifestyle choices are made to create a better future.

its at least with a look - a consideration.  Maybe if funds/efforts are focused towards our environment, proactive health choices and education our children and children’s children will live in a way that is less threatened by a virus.  Because right now the world is not living in this way.  So the results will always be the same.  We talk about flattening curves and reducing strain on the healthcare systems, but we talk and look at it from too small increments in time when really we all should be flattening the curve today, tomorrow,  a decade away, a generation away.

Stay safe.

Ok now you make sense.

Thanks for that.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, riffraff said:

its at least with a look - a consideration.  Maybe if funds/efforts are focused towards our environment, proactive health choices and education our children and children’s children will live in a way that is less threatened by a virus.  Because right now the world is not living in this way.  So the results will always be the same.  We talk about flattening curves and reducing strain on the healthcare systems, but we talk and look at it from too small increments in time when really we all should be flattening the curve today, tomorrow,  a decade away, a generation away.

this isn't said enough

so much in our society drives us to health problems. COVID is magnifying that right now.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Likewise riff. I’m glad I have an old gym set in my garage. Been nice to go out and vent my stress on the weights. 

Take care, my friend. All the best of health and happiness to you and your family. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

On a positive note, my area in Coquitlam has joined onto the 7pm cheer for healthcare workers.

Seems like it is spreading rapidly and is a great unifying movement during this time.

I encourage everyone to open your window, go on your deck, or balcony, and make some noise at 7pm it feels good to connect with neighbors man.

Same. I have a few family members working in hospitals these days. I’m worried for them, but consider myself forever in their (and everyone else in healthcare, grocery stores, delivery of food and goods, sanitation, and police and fire departments) debt. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

this isn't said enough

so much in our society drives us to health problems. COVID is magnifying that right now.

So should we all do our part to flatten the curve so should we all work to eliminate curve.

action is never too late. Reaction often is. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

For parents of school aged kids out there, just know that the bar for learning is very very very low coming out fo spring break.  Expect to hear from teachers and admin this week and don't expect lessons and assignments anytime soon.  Our concern, right now, is the well being of the kids and their families and we absolutely do not want to pile more stress on families right now.  We want to help ease the burden, not add to it.  Please understand this a completely new thing we are trying to do here and we know and understand your frustrations, but we are, truly, doing the best we can with it.  Also keep in mind we are dealing with this crisis on a personal level as well.

So, talk with your teachers, be up front and open with them about what is happening with your kids and your family and together we can collaborate and find out what works best for you and your family and don't look at other families and districts to see what is happening there, this is going to be a very customized approach to education.

my daughter is out of the K-12 thing now, but I was wondering if there are any free online tools that can help you guys with delivering lessons? even things like Khan Academy, stuff like that? at least you could deliver a lesson plan maybe? 

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe everyone should take twenty minutes and step back. These are hard times from a psychological standpoint and that stress can be hard to release. 

Take care of yourselves. 

we've figured out a nice in-home no weight workout - there's lots of them available on youtube. Its burns off the stress and cortisol pretty nicely and gets you into a nice healthy headspace. And do it with the news off. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we've figured out a nice in-home no weight workout - there's lots of them available on youtube. Its burns off the stress and cortisol pretty nicely and gets you into a nice healthy headspace. And do it with the news off. 

It's better to only watch the news once per day. It's all the same stuff for the most part. Doom and gloom. We only need 1 dose of that per day; preferably less. It is important to keep abreast of what's going on but no need to saturate your mind.

• Cheers 4