The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

This is my boredom posting but perhaps instead Trump of using  that Chinese Virus term the CCPvirus name will catch on with him .. unlikely though 

Also, the source here to be taken with a large grain of salt, but these numbers seem more what most would expect out of China. Who knows what to believe really besides official estimates being garbage

Stay safe y'all. Sun is out : )

3 hours ago, stawns said:

For parents of school aged kids out there, just know that the bar for learning is very very very low coming out fo spring break.  Expect to hear from teachers and admin this week and don't expect lessons and assignments anytime soon.  Our concern, right now, is the well being of the kids and their families and we absolutely do not want to pile more stress on families right now.  We want to help ease the burden, not add to it.  Please understand this a completely new thing we are trying to do here and we know and understand your frustrations, but we are, truly, doing the best we can with it.  Also keep in mind we are dealing with this crisis on a personal level as well.

So, talk with your teachers, be up front and open with them about what is happening with your kids and your family and together we can collaborate and find out what works best for you and your family and don't look at other families and districts to see what is happening there, this is going to be a very customized approach to education.

In addition to the online classes, I'm getting my kids to do work booklets (at 1 grade higher than they are currently enrolled in).  Homework before any play time.  They hate it.

::D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Since we have time on our hands and conspiracy theories are fun, (as long as they're not taken too seriously) what if Bone Spurs is deliberately sabotaging efforts in Blue States? Maybe he thinks that much like the overall situation in the US makes him look bad, poor numbers for Democrat Governors and mayors will likewise make them look bad and just maybe result in down ballot support for the GOP in November....

Break out the tinfoil and discuss....

I'm sure Trump is not jumping through hoops to help out Illinois.  This has been a democratic state for as long as I can remember.  We're also home state to the Obamas, home state to Hillary, home state to the governor who not long ago told him to get off Twitter and get to work.  I'm pretty sure our state isn't on his Christmas card list.

With that being said, I think the wrong masks were just done out of negligence, not on purpose. I have no doubt he will put 100% of the blame on our governor though.  That has pretty much been his playbook since day 1....if he's not patting himself on the back, he's blaming the previous administration or scapegoating future political opponents. 

If the new test kits from Abbott Labs work, we'll see how fast Trump becomes chummy with our govenor all of sudden.

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

This is my boredom posting but perhaps instead Trump of using  that Chinese Virus term the CCPvirus name will catch on with him .. unlikely though 

Also, the source here to be taken with a large grain of salt, but these numbers seem more what most would expect out of China. Who knows what to believe really besides official estimates being garbage

Stay safe y'all. Sun is out : )

I personally have no problem with the handle "CCP Virus". Their numbers are total horsesh**.

It doesn't even stop there. Look at this BS economic data they put out yesterday.

China official PMIs for March: Manufacturing 52.0 (expected 44.8) Services 52.3 (42.0)

Tue 31 Mar 2020 01:01:16 GMT

These are the official survey PMIs, Caixin/Markit PMIs will follow later this week. 

Manufacturing surged to 52.0 and leaps back into expansion   
  • expected 44.8,  prior 35.7
Non-manufacturing, 52.3 and pretty much ditto 
  • expected 42.0, prior 29.6%
Composite 53.0
  • prior 28.9

Numbers above 50 indicate expansion. So I am to believe they recovered and their factories are putting out the best data since 2017, all in 2 months?  Yeah right.

By the way, Trump seems to have stopped calling it the "Chinese Virus" after his "excellent" phone call with President Xi. He now calls it "the invisible scourge".

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm pretty close to just avoiding this forum until hockey comes back.

The amount of hate towards Trump and anyone that may support Trump is disgusting. Liberals claim to be tolerant, but it's become crystal clear that all you are tolerant of are opinions that mirror your own. Anyone that doesn't share the same viewpoint is labeled idiot, racist, xenophobe, insertword-phobe, etc. Anyone that didnt vote how you would of voted is immediately categorized as lesser. Trump derangement syndrome has never been stronger and has taken over this forum. I disagreed with Obama on almost every policy but never would i go out of my way to wish death upon him like some of the posters have on this forum. Nor did I ever attack him or anyone that voted for him with the hate that is seen here (I'm sure I would of been banned if I wrote half the stuff about Obama that you guys do about trump)

/rant. See you when hockey returns. This place has become more toxic than the actual virus we are all trying to get through.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I personally have no problem with the handle "CCP Virus". Their numbers are total horsesh**.

It doesn't even stop there. Look at this BS economic data they put out yesterday.

I will third this motion.

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

The amount of hate towards Trump and anyone that may support Trump is disgusting. Liberals claim to be tolerant, but it's become crystal clear that all you are tolerant of are opinions that mirror your own. Anyone that doesn't share the same viewpoint is labeled idiot, racist, xenophobe, insertword-phobe, etc. Anyone that didnt vote how you would of voted is immediately categorized as lesser. Trump derangement syndrome has never been stronger and has taken over this forum. I disagreed with Obama on almost every policy but never would i go out of my way to wish death upon him like some of the posters have on this forum. Nor did I ever attack him or anyone that voted for him with the hate that is seen here (I'm sure I would of been banned if I wrote half the stuff about Obama that you guys do about trump)

/rant. See you when hockey returns. This place has become more toxic than the actual virus we are all trying to get through.

Might have something to do with your choice of avatar.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Sorry guys...you'll probably have to ban me through all of this.  Losin' it.  Have to go face the boss soon to pick up my paycheque (luckily for him he has to stay 6 feet away or he'd get a superman punch).  

Just trying to hold it all together - laughter always has been a go to for me.  That, music and working out.

Will quit spamming soon (maybe).  I might start checking grammar next.

Stay safe, be well.

I see your spam and raise you my spam ......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Yes because a joke picture of the weeknd looking like Pepe the frog means you're a bigoted racist xenophobe. 

Get some help 

Just curious: Do you have an actual example of someone saying that? I've been here all along and I don't recall seeing anything of the sort.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Sorry guys...you'll probably have to ban me through all of this.  Losin' it.  Have to go face the boss soon to pick up my paycheque (luckily for him he has to stay 6 feet away or he'd get a superman punch).  

Just trying to hold it all together - laughter always has been a go to for me.  That, music and working out.

Will quit spamming soon (maybe).  I might start checking grammar next.

Stay safe, be well.

Just remember, you still don't need pants for the video. ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kushman said:

No offense but this victim mentality displayed by Trump supporters just seems weak. These are often the same people who accuse people of being snowflakes so the crying seems a little hypocritical. 

I don't know what to tell you. This is a Canadian board, we in general like to make fun of Americans and Trump makes himself a rather easy target with his off-the-cuff comments/statements. There is a reasons why most politicians stick to teleprompters and notes because even if you know your stuff, it's easy to say something incorrect and be misinterpreted. Trump thinks he is a stable genius for whom the rules don't apply. 

If you want to defend Trump's response to the virus then I am sure that is pertinent to this thread and I can't see why any mod would see fit to delete it.

The real problem you have is that you nor the rest of posse can seem to defend his behaviour, comments etc. without deflecting to other politicians and "TDS".

Rather unconvincing. 

PS: I never thought Harper was a despicable human being even though I did not like his politics. None of my posts regarding Harper included even a tenth of the vitriol I have reserved for Trump. Maybe people don't like Trump not only because of politics but his history of being an absolute POS.

Edited by Toews
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Yes because a joke picture of the weeknd looking like Pepe the frog means you're a bigoted racist xenophobe. 

Get some help 

Hey man, you can have any picture you want. Just don't be surprised if you get static for using a symbol that's been adopted by racists and xenophobes.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Likely means we won’t see NHL resuming until early July at the earliest.

not necessarily, they may decide to play the games with no spectators. The tv revenue would probably be through the roof since it would be the only pro sport on.