The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

25 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I normally don't agree with Trump, but I'm calling this the "Chinese virus". The fact that they tried to blame the US, and then when that backfired, tried to blame Italy is disgusting. It's their horrible and disgusting treatment of animals that has caused this. Take some damn responsibility.

No bud. Don’t do it.

Covid-19 is fine as it is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Trump was fooled when China was covering up how bad Covid actually was. China fooled everyone though. I also think that the numbers in China are watered down, probably for both their and the international public opinion, more so their own peoples though.

So in a way I blame China but not to that much of a extent. The leaders there.

There's some truth in that....

...unfortunately, some stayed "fooled" a lot longer than others....

• Cheers 1

Just now, mayor MCcheese said:

Since when are facts name calling? It came from China and was caused by the Chinese. So Chinese virus is accurate.

take your head out of the sand

your approach engenders racial backlash

that is why trump labels it in this manner

against the advice of his advisors

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They also tried to turn it around and blame the US. Kind of supports what I am saying. Anybody who takes a step back and sees the whole picture can realize that China messed up. Costing lives and livelihoods of not only their own but the world.

Hopefully most of their own population can realize that. They need better leadership.

They should definitely vote for new leadership.

Oh wait...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They should definitely vote for new leadership.

Oh wait...

I know that.

History has shown it takes one extremely smart/motivated guy with an opinion and who isn't afraid to sway a country/peoples, for good or evil.

Might have to come to that. Hopefully not as bloody as how history has shown us.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And who takes responsibility for the inevitable racism directed at people of Asian descent in North America who had zero to do with this? You?

It's no secret that it came from China. Everyone knows that. Calling it the Chinese virus isn't going to change anything. Racists will always be racist. And my wife is Japanese, so it's not like I wouldn't be effected.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

It's no secret that it came from China. Everyone knows that. Calling it the Chinese virus isn't going to change anything. Racists will always be racist. And my wife is Japanese, so it's not like I wouldn't be effected.

You're incorrect about that. We've already seen an increase of racist attacks on people of Asian descent since the Pandemic started.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol, there's a meme circling on Facebook that COVID stands for "Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease" 

So many sheep are going to buy into this.

Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease lol. That's something you'd hear in a comedy skit.

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You're incorrect about that. We've already seen an increase of racist attacks on people of Asian descent since the Pandemic started.

Hopefully those racist losers give Don's twitter a little scroll

Edited by Chicken.

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Hopefully those racist losers give Don's twitter a little scroll

Curious if there 

Dude needs to be waaaaaaaaaaaay more elaborate when he speaks. Somebody needs to tell him that but they probably have already numerously.

Really bad press every time he speaks.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yes, I know. But those people are going to be dicks no matter what we call it. Calling it the Chinese virus or squigglypoopsauce virus doesn't make lick of difference in their behaviour. EVERYONE on earth knows it came from China. Racist people are going to blame Asians no matter what we call it. It's not like they were totally peaceful and nice people, but somehow calling it Chinese virus suddenly made them realize it comes from China and violent. Give me a break.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dude needs to be waaaaaaaaaaaay more elaborate when he speaks. Somebody needs to tell him that but they probably have already numerously.

Really bad press every time he speaks.

In his view, I imagine, he goes with the old adage of any press is good press - Being mentioned in the media, even in the context of a scandal or controversy, is beneficial to the subject because it brings publicity.