The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Covidiots that will likely have caused deaths because of their selfish and entitled behaviour.  At times I wish this was WW3 rather than a global pandemic of this magnitude.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6758870/coronavirus-spring-breakers-mexico-texas/amp/

To me this is more of a reminder that Mexico is going to go boom. I don't plan another trip there until well after we have a vaccine. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

It's a nice/easy solution in theory but a non starter in a free and open society IMO. 

Unfortunately, all we can do is continue to try to educate people and continue to encourage people to be their best selves by being our best selves.

Do unto others and be the change you wish to see. 

Yeah, Should not could.

I guess it's part of human freedom to reproduce, despite the planet suffering from all these humans. I would love the population to reduce, just not in this manner. Preventative so there is obviously no suffering. 

Though if we all insist on unregulated breeding, one thing I would heavily support is no unsupervised access to the internet until the children are 16. I find the influence of the internet on developing minds immense and often negative. 

Raise them better so the ridiculous amount of us can live in harmony with the planet and each other. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

To me this is more of a reminder that Mexico is going to go boom. I don't plan another trip there until well after we have a vaccine. 

Neither will I.  In fact any vacation out of the country is a no go for a while.  Europe? Mexico? Southern US? No thanks.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Neither will I.  In fact any vacation out of the country is a no go for a while.  Europe? Mexico? Southern US? No thanks.

Mexico and Brazil refuse to close down. With their slums, it’s going to be nothing short of tragic. However, most people will have died unrecorded.

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not sure we'll ever really know the answer to question 1. Its also a matter of whats the alternative? we just don't have the ability to police everyone.

On Q2 - Deb and others have pointed out YVR was a gong show at times. Thats a place where I want to see some real changes made moving forward. 

Was just talking to a lady who just arrived back from New Zealand a few days ago (she is still in quarantine). Due to rerouted flights she came through YVR and then to Calgary. She couldn’t believe the difference as to her Calgary was not talking it nearly as serious with many of the shops still open. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

particularly if someones kid is an idiot. I mean, statistically it has to happen. 

But these people were university age folks. They just didn't give a $&!# that they were taking risks that will hurt others. 

Isn’t this the age when they know it all? :ph34r:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Was just talking to a lady who just arrived back from New Zealand a few days ago (she is still in quarantine). Due to rerouted flights she came through YVR and then to Calgary. She couldn’t believe the difference as to her Calgary was not talking it nearly as serious with many of the shops still open. 

we're going to need something federal to simply take over airport operations the next time something like this hits, the inconsistency is terrible. 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes, what a bunch of dummies!

Coronavirus infects dozens of University of Texas spring breakers who chartered plane to Mexico

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-infects-dozens-of-university-of-texas-spring-breakers-who-charted-plane-to-mexico

Problem is most of them are young enough that they will probably get it, feel little no side effects, and spread it to others and just shrug it off as "oh well didn't both me much"

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Mexico and Brazil refuse to close down. With their slums, it’s going to be nothing short of tragic. However, most people will have died unrecorded.

I cringe to think of what is going to happen in the Favelas of Rio and Sao Paulo.....Bolsonaro is worse than Trump. A lot worse.....

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Funny how major corporations netting in excess  of tens of millions of dollars don't seem to follow the same advice.

And we'll now be bailing out with our tax dollars... AGAIN.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The two main questions imo to ask is how many of those stranded/returning passengers actually self isolated once they returned. And what kind of screening measures  or directions were in place in airports, YVR for example. 

And this is the key.  I have heard lots landed and hit up costco etc on their way home, others I know that are friends, came back and had friends drop off food before or after they got home so that they didn't go around and potentially carry disease and spread it unknowingly.  Parents have friends who were in Switzerland (I think) to watch their son play hockey since early February or something just before the season shut down and they had my mom come and stock up their fridge and freezer with food a few days before they got back just for the chance that they could have it.  They went straight home and anything that they have needed they are asking friends to grab and just drop off for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some of them took commercial flights home :picard: 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't want to hear in the coming weeks the cries from some of these types infected people. "we didn't know, we didn't realise the risk, all our friends were going on the trip'.

Despite the pleas of the entire world for social distancing. 

I would imagine that parents helped these kids to charter the plane in the first place.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

And we'll now be bailing out with our tax dollars... AGAIN.

Trump had an actual genius idea not long ago:

If a company were to require bailout money, that company should become a Federal company.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

And this is the key.  I have heard lots landed and hit up costco etc on their way home, others I know that are friends, came back and had friends drop off food before or after they got home so that they didn't go around and potentially carry disease and spread it unknowingly.  Parents have friends who were in Switzerland (I think) to watch their son play hockey since early February or something just before the season shut down and they had my mom come and stock up their fridge and freezer with food a few days before they got back just for the chance that they could have it.  They went straight home and anything that they have needed they are asking friends to grab and just drop off for them.

Did the same for my parents returning from wintering in Arizona. My sister went to Costco for them, I went to grocery store. They're in isolation for two weeks.

• Cheers 3