The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

The Chinese government has lied about the virus. Plenty of people in China, and people of Chinese extraction around the world, are furious about this. 

This isn’t the entire country’s populace covering it up. Jinping and his whole government should be removed and destroyed. Give the country a new start with a transparent government that actually cares about the people in the country. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Chinese government has lied about the virus. Plenty of people in China, and people of Chinese extraction around the world, are furious about this. 

This isn’t the entire country’s populace covering it up. Jinping and his whole government should be removed and destroyed. Give the country a new start with a transparent government that actually cares about the people in the country. 

I'm hoping that this is what Mayor Mac meant to say, but thanks for pointing out the facts anyway.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm hoping that this is what Mayor Mac meant to say, but thanks for pointing out the facts anyway.

Ohh you optimist you.

All you have to do is read some of his previous 86 posts in multiple threads, to get a true picture of the poster known as mayor Mccheese.

Based on those posts I am certain I would exchange no more than 6 words with him in real life  "Get the   -------- away from me".

Edited by gurn
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes, obviously I meant the government and not every Chinese person in the world. But there are a large portion of the population that fully support the government. Believe me, I lived there for 8 years.

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed this is on the government of the CCP not the people of Chinese descent.

6E49C1CC-0DCE-4FDF-B1A7-A4FE6C7CA049.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, stawns said:

That's why they want people to stay home........theyre up front about who they're testing and say you should assume everyone you see has been exposed.

The only issue I have is how they report it. 

I take it all with a grain of salt (and a shot of something these days).   But it gives some a false sense of security and if they saw the "real" numbers it might better serve the message to do what we need to do....stay home.

People see low numbers and figure it somehow equates to low risk.

Not sure why we even provide the "new case" numbers when they're really only those being tested and confirmed.  Which is probably a drop in the bucket to the "real" numbers and people walking around with this virus.

Not sure if these numbers do much in a big picture way.  It's not a contest and part of me feels that our numbers are to prove something.

I relay them here but am starting to wonder if "43" is number to share in a daily count.  Sounds like "no big deal" but this is a big deal.

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Needed to do that after the defeat of Japan. They're way too powerful now with the ultimate '&^@# you' weapon in nuclear power. 

3 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Yes, obviously I meant the government and not every Chinese person in the world. But there are a large portion of the population that fully support the government. Believe me, I lived there for 8 years.

I believe you. When they brought millions out of abject poverty, it gained the government some credibility with the population. Sadly that credibility was used by the government to subjugate the average Chinese national. 

The Jinping virus is real. 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

The only issue I have is how they report it. 

I take it all with a grain of salt (and a shot of something these days).   But it gives some a false sense of security and if they saw the "real" numbers it might better serve the message to do what we need to do....stay home.

People see low numbers and figure it somehow equates to low risk.

Not sure why we even provide the "new case" numbers when they're really only those being tested and confirmed.  Which is probably a drop in the bucket to the "real" numbers.

Im still questioning why they haven't mandated it across the country

Essential workers only.

They drive home that message but in some provinces/territories they leave it up to businesses to put health before money

6 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Needed to do that after the defeat of Japan. They're way too powerful now with the ultimate '&^@# you' weapon in nuclear power. 

Every country with nuclear power is way too powerful. With so many unstable and selfish world leaders in place right now, it’s even more grave of a situation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That’s what happens when we buy trillions of dollars of goods made in China.

Eventually they grow stronger and either buy us or conquer us.