The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know we'll never see or hear it, but just imagine if Trump went in front of the cameras and said something like, "Yeah, I was wrong. I didn't think this was going to be a serious as it is, but don't worry, I won't make that mistake again. I'm on it."

Just imagine....(Cue John Lennon)

Yeah, I think we have better odds of seeing Bigfoot jet skiing behind Ogopogo than hearing Trump utter those words.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

The government has botched this every step of the way. We're in for a world of hurt. I don't know why it's so difficult to look at places like South Korea and Hong Kong and emulate what they have done, as they are some of the few places to get it under control.

And what have they done? Masks for everyone. Test any suspected cases. Shut down all non essential business. In other words, the exact opposite of what we're doing. We're taking the same approach that New York, Italy, Spain, ect.. have taken. How well did this approach work for them? NOT TOO GOOD!!

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris-selley-official-nonsense-on-masks-and-travel-bans-is-killing-ottawas-coronavirus-credibility

Except of course by the numbers we're doing damned well.

But don't let the facts get in the way of an opinion columnist's rant

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-in-the-house-1.5515464

This is my cousin's best friend and his wife.  He's in ICU, but recovering.  My purpose here, though, is to highlight the wife because she doesn't have the "usual symptoms", but still is positive. 

Minus the pink eye, I've had the exact same symptoms for three weeks and chalked it up to a cold/flu because I wasn't coughing, didn't have a fever, no sneezing, but I'm pretty positive I've got the mild strain of it. 

Luckily I've been on spring break and haven't crossed paths with a single person but my gf.  We need to make sure we follow the social distancing/isolation recommendations because this virus has many different faces.  You might get it and not realize that's what it is and inadvertently pass it to others.

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally. I realize I was preaching to the choir as soon as I hit submit. :lol:

There should hopefully be an awakening to this, as the majority of the products manufactured in that country are of the lowest quality, which is obvious when you pay people almost nothing to make the goods. 

Yeah. That is capitalism.

Nothing will change. Greedy billionaires will continue to exploit the cheapest work forces in the world to make even more billions.

Nothing will change...I would bet everything on it.

Edit: ...and american and Canadian consumers will continue to buy the cheapest stuff...all made in china.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-in-the-house-1.5515464

This is my cousin's best friend and his wife.  He's in ICU, but recovering.  My purpose here, though, is to highlight the wife because she doesn't have the "usual symptoms", but still is positive. 

Minus the pink eye, I've had the exact same symptoms for three weeks and chalked it up to a cold/flu because I wasn't coughing, didn't have a fever, no sneezing, but I'm pretty positive I've got the mild strain of it. 

Luckily I've been on spring break and haven't crossed paths with a single person but my gf.  We need to make sure we follow the social distancing/isolation recommendations because this virus has many different faces.  You might get it and not realize that's what it is and inadvertently pass it to others.

I was sick a good 2 months ago with bad head cold, brief fever and weeks of accompanying eye issues and styes. My wife shortly after had a bad cough and fever she couldn't shake for weeks.

I feel like we may have unknowingly already had it :ph34r::unsure:

Funny, I hadn't heard of anyone else with eye issues until that.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I was sick a good 2 months ago with bad head cold, brief fever and weeks of accompanying eye issues and styes. My wife shortly after had a bad cough and fever she couldn't shake for weeks.

I'm almost positive I had a more severe case on late January.  I had a respiratory thing the likes of which I'd never had before.  I was down and out for 8-9 days.  I also had a friend who had a virus they couldn't identify, in early Feb, that led to severe pneumonia.....he was in an induced coma and intubated for three weeks.  At the peak, they called his family in to say their goodbyes.  He managed to pull out of it, after being sent to Kelowna.  It caused damage to his lungs and heart though.  He's 46.

I've had this for almost three weeks, and the last two days have been symptom free, but today I've take a slight step back.  Still, I feel much better than I did last week.

• Huggy Bear 3

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Im a teacher, so obviously I get a touch of just about everything.  Right before spring break we had several students out with pink eye. 

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

My ears haven't popped in like three weeks. Not a chance I'm going to the doctor when they obviously have way more important things to focus on... but this is driving me nuts.

56E1E0C5-D159-441B-B43A-92BDE5618762.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Down by the River said:

My ears haven't popped in like three weeks. Not a chance I'm going to the doctor when they obviously have way more important things to focus on... but this is driving me nuts.

Hey man,sorry about that,I know exactly what your talking about.

In early December I got sick,cold or flu whatever,and my ears plugged up.It got so bad I couldn't hear someone talk a foot away from me.

It lasted for at least a month,till i got a prescription and it went away.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

They have ear syringes that you fill with 95% warm water and 5% hydrogen peroxide. You stick it into the ear canal and push the mixture into your canal. Tilt your head and presto! You’re deaf! 

I’m kidding. It’s worked for me as I followed how to flush out the ears. 

Ok adventures in prescriptions. 

- London Drugs will only issue anything nothing more than 30 days.

This I understand to make sure there's enough medication to go around. 

- My Doctor (according to the receptionist) won't refill until you are down to 3 days. (No comment on London Drugs saying it might be 5 days to fill the prescription).

According to the receptionist they will only issue 14 days for refills (less than what London Drugs tells me). 

So how it is helping that I have to call in every 14 weeks to my doctor to get a refill? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

that you fill with 95% warm water and hydrogen peroxide.

LOL, Just what we need with Corona. A good laugh.

Dye the hairs popping out of your ears blonde to make them more noticeable! :frantic:

Fashion tip for not looking 65 years old at 40? Eyebrows, nose hairs & hair sticking out of your ear. Just pluck 'em!   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, Just what we need with Corona. A good laugh.

Dye the hairs popping out of your ears blonde to make them more noticeable! :frantic:

Fashion tip for not looking 65 years old at 40? Eyebrows, nose hairs & hair sticking out of your ear. Just pluck 'em!   

The peroxide helps to break up the wax deposits.