The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

So.. masks don't protect you very well, got it.

But.. they do somewhat prevent you from spreading it.

So.. if everyone wore masks, wouldn't that be the ultimate protection?

I'm confused.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hope my Doctor will be more reasonable than his gatekeeper receptionist. 

Have you tried Telus Babylon?

I was sick back in January and felt too busy to go to a Dr. There is an app you can download and you speak to a doctor using basically their equivalent of FaceTime. I got a prescription after a 10 minute consult and didn't even have to go outside. 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, TU90 said:

I'm confused.

Some countries are even suggesting home made masks.

Think they’re just saying that cause we need to save what’s left of that masks for the health care workers.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I was sick back in January and felt too busy to go to a Dr. There is an app you can download and you speak to a doctor using basically their equivalent of FaceTime. I got a prescription after a 10 minute consult and didn't even have to go outside. 

It’s pretty awesome. I started using it last September. I work out of town and I just jump on wherever I am when I’m free and they get me prescriptions, referrals or whatever I need. 

44 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I really like my Doctor.

Just hate his receptionist. 

59 minutes ago, TU90 said:

I'm confused.

Yeah for sure, what 'some' medical experts are now saying and thus backtracking is 'well why not, perhaps it helps a bit, but I don't really know anymore.'   I live in Japan and overwhelming most people don't wear them properly, and on top of that they end up touching their face a lot more as well.  I think they turn into germ farms pretty quick.   I see lots of people take them off when eating and leave them on tables and so forth so on that point as well they can be detrimental to health.  

Edited by samurai
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

loooooool

Well, one country's leader enforced social distancing and mass testing almost immediately...

....while the other country's leader tried to pray the virus away after weeks of ignoring it. 

Now here we are months later....one leader can boast about low infection rates, while the other leader can only brag about how high his ratings are.

When this outbreak began, I was constantly tuning in to Trump's pressers for information, now I just tune in occasionally, and that's just for a laugh.  The governors pressers are where the real info comes from.

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TU90 said:

I'm confused.

Canada doesn't have enough. 

The health minister said yesterday Canada's emergency reserves of health equipment is not enough. 

3 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Well, one country's leader enforced social distancing and mass testing almost immediately...

....while the other country's leader tried to pray the virus away after weeks of ignoring it. 

Now here we are months later....one leader can boast about low infection rates, while the other leader can only brag about how high his ratings are.

When this outbreak began, I was constantly tuning in to Trump's pressers for information, now I just tune in occasionally, and that's just for a laugh.  The governors pressers are where the real info comes from.

Which leader are you supporting? The one who increased the carbon tax at a time of crisis? The one who's health minister said this was low risk? The one who has run out of emergency supplies? 

Not defending Trump but we haven't done the best job either. Btw aren't the US testing far more people? I have no doubt there is more cases in Canada they're just not testing as many people. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 3

47 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Which leader are you supporting? The one who increased the carbon tax at a time of crisis? The one who's health minister said this was low risk? The one who has run out of emergency supplies? 

Not defending Trump but we haven't done the best job either. Btw aren't the US testing far more people? I have no doubt there is more cases in Canada they're just not testing as many people. 

The USA has 215,000 cases and 5,100 dead.

Canada is 1/10 the population so we should have 21,500 cases and 510 dead....BUT...

...Canada only has 9,700 cases and 129 dead.

Canada's response compared to the US response has been light years better.

Give your head a slap...:frantic:

And with respect to your bolded, every country in the world has more cases than the numbers show because EVERY country in the world is only testing a small percentage of the population.

Good god...:picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Canada is 1/10 the population so we should have 21,500 cases and 510 dead....BUT...

And with respect to your bolded, every country in the world has more cases than the numbers show because EVERY country in the world is only testing a small percentage of the population.

Hey kiddo are the US testing far more people? You quoted it but didn't respond. Give your head a slap like I'm sure many people have to you.:picard:

• Wat 3

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I totally agree with you that our response has been so much better just want to give you one though: Most of the damage in the states has been in the New York area. I think given there lifestyle and how jammed the population is there it was almost a guarantee they were going to get blasted. If you take the state of California which has about the same population as Canada were right on par for cases. 

• Cheers 1

Don’t just blame Urine man...as this is another example of the type of leadership down South....

Seriously....is this guy just blatantly lying or just one dumb ****?   Probably both.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Don’t just blame Urine man...as this is another example of the type of leadership down South....

Seriously....is this guy just blatantly lying or just one dumb ****?   Probably both.

He was living in an alternate reality where the virus was a Democratic hoax, much like the other Chinese hoax, global warming. Unfortunately for this guy, rhetoric only works on the willfully ignorant, not on viruses.

• Upvote 2