The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

I see people buying it all at the store.  It's extremely selfish, and we need to think about others.  Where I am at, you cannot find hand sanitizer and other things at stores, and some stores have put a limit on it. It is a State of Emergency where I am at.  And we are all in this together, so going out and buying everything, stocking and stocking, leaving nothing for everyone else, is not the thing to do. 

For anyone who wants to make their own sanitizer: 

2/3 rubbing alcohol (71% or better)

1/3 aloe vera

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

By far the majority of people who get Covid-19 will just suffer standard Flu symptoms and recover well.

The exceptions are those with underlying conditions and those over 65.

For example, those who have been life long smokers will find this virus a real challenge.  Also those with asthma or respiratory issues.

Also those with high blood pressure and heart conditions.

The good news is we have an excellent health care system and that system theoretically learned a lot from the SARS outbreak in Toronto.

The real problems with come in 3rd world countries with poor health care systems... for example Iran is seeing really high mortality rates.  (part of that may be a result of the US sanctions against them which have meant chronic shortages of drugs and health care supplies)

I shudder to think how many people may die if the virus gets established in India or Pakistan.

The Flu has a mortality rate of between .025 and .05 of a percent... but Covid-19 has a current World Health mortality rate of 3.8 percent.

Typically a Billion people get infected with the Flu every year, and of those between 250,000 and 650,000 die.

If a Billion people get infected with Covid-19 and the current predicted death rate holds, there will be a huge number of deaths.... around 30-35 million.

The thing that pisses me off is that this was all unnecessary.

Covid-19 comes from animals... in particular Bats.  So does the SARS virus that killed thousands in the 2000's.  In fact the two viruses probably come from the same cave in the province.  They were both spread by people catching wild animals like Bats, and keeping them together alive in 'Wet' markets where they are slaughtered and sold to satisfy the weird tastes of some Chinese. 

After SARS the Chinese government should have cracked down on these 'Wet' markets, there were laws passed, but the Chinese Communist Party is corrupt and officials looked the other way in exchange for bribes.

Now the Chinese people and the rest of the world have to deal with a virus which is going to be incredibly damaging, both to the lives of people and also to the economy of the world. 

Chinese 'Wet' market... go to 1:00 if you have a strong stomach.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

6 hours ago, Russ said:

https://twitter.com/_West_Sydney_/status/1236075872714514432?s=19

People taking this TP serious now.... 

Must be a southern thing....

....I was just at the Safeway here in PR and there was lots available. It was even on sale....:unsure:

Anyway, we have nothing to worry about, because president Pinocchio is on the job:

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test," Trump said Friday despite concerns over delayed distribution of testing kits. 

"And the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect and the transcript," he added in an apparent reference to his phone call with Ukraine's president, which led to his impeachment. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-praises-cdc-amid-coronvirus-outbreak-calls-washington-governor-a-snake-during-visit-to-agency/ar-BB10Rghr?li=AAggNb9

:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

....I was just at the Safeway here in PR and there was lots available. It was even on sale....:unsure:

Anyway, we have nothing to worry about, because president Pinocchio is on the job:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-praises-cdc-amid-coronvirus-outbreak-calls-washington-governor-a-snake-during-visit-to-agency/ar-BB10Rghr?li=AAggNb9

It's sold out pretty consistently at the Save-On.  Managed to find some yesterday that was on sale too though; I was down to my final roll.

A reminder that Bruins, Leafs, Flames, and Oilers jerseys all make excellent wiping devices, with our without the owner wearing them.

• Haha 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

It's sold out pretty consistently at the Save-On.  Managed to find some yesterday that was on sale too though; I was down to my final roll.

A reminder that Bruins, Leafs, Flames, and Oilers jerseys all make excellent wiping devices, with our without the owner wearing them.

Well, I read a lot, so I'm probably okay.....

...it's the Kenney and Trump fans that should be worried....

• Haha 1

Canada's top health official is advising people to "think twice" before going on a cruise:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/think-twice-before-booking-a-cruise-vacation-canadas-top-health-official/ar-BB10R3CL?li=AA521o

Yeah, thanks tips. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to picture someone right now who's thinking, "You know, I bet this would be a good time to go on a cruise".....:picard:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

OMG what a bloody baboon... Like comeon give that up and stay on topic.  What an absolute fool he makes himself out to be.