2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i do physical work

so the exercising is not really the issue for me

the increase in idleness is the issue

health studies show that sitting too much

is not overcome by exercise

it is important to stay moving

but we are stuck at home with limited options

and the richest options are sitting and watching (and learning in that process as well)

Perhaps instead of sitting,  you can lay down on your back. I find that is a neutral position that really decompresses stress

Or a dead hang if you have a doorframe chin up bar .. if not may be worth investing

image.png.efbe29ace70e664314b242f546c22f22.png

https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/dead-hang 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

i do physical work

so the exercising is not really the issue for me

the increase in idleness is the issue

health studies show that sitting too much

is not overcome by exercise

it is important to stay moving

but we are stuck at home with limited options

and the richest options are sitting and watching (and learning in that process as well)

I won’t get to into what “exercise” is or can be but I agree with you that movement is key at the very least.

i recommend a book by Todd Hargrove called A guide to better movement.

itll be a context provider re my posts.

• Cheers 1

Masks that were to take the road to Canada would have been sold to the highest bidder as stocks were preparing to leave China.

It's playing hard right now, says a source in Quebec. You have to understand that there are secure commands and insecure commands.

Last month, a shipment of masks purchased for Quebec, which was transiting through Europe, reportedly arrived smaller than expected.

In recent days, the United States has bought in cash, three times the price, a stock of masks intended for France directly on the tarmac at the Chinese airport. The plane eventually flew to the United States rather than to France. The news was confirmed by two presidents of French regions.

It happened to us too , reports a source familiar with Canada's supplies to China. It evokes a European country, but Radio-Canada was not able to confirm the identity of this state.

There is a lot of competition on the ground in China between Europe, America, etc. Logistics is very difficult, explains this source [...] The battle is open to get the equipment.

In Ottawa, our sources evoke a tense climate of international competition without confirming theft of masks, even if stories are circulating.

There is a whole saga behind the scenes of stocks that do not exist or that are disappearing , said Newfoundland and Labrador Minister of Health John Haggie on Wednesday. He said the subject was discussed during the teleconference of Canadian and provincial health ministers on Tuesday evening.

I don't blame countries fighting to buy masks, America bought masks that had already been sold and were set to be shipped to Canada and France. But China needs to honour already made orders. You can't sell to one country and then sell that same supply to America at the airport so the plane diverts that stock to America instead. Now Canada misses out on an order of PPE that they thought they were going to get. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Patsies doing their part:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/coronavirus-patriots-plane-masks-spt-trnd/index.html

First they let Brady walk and now this....

....if they keep this up, they'll be my third most hated team behind the Phish and the Cowboys....B)

What is absolutely bat sh!t is the federal government out bidding individual states to make this necessary in the first place. 

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Patsies doing their part:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/coronavirus-patriots-plane-masks-spt-trnd/index.html

First they let Brady walk and now this....

....if they keep this up, they'll be my third most hated team behind the Phish and the Cowboys....B)

What a disgusting franchise - Bet Kraft stopped off at a couple of massage parlours and brought some sex trade workers back. Also the masks going to NY will be bugged in case any head coaches come down with C19. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

hey i agree

but so much of life now is isolating

that is hard to overcome emotionally

Just speaking from my own personal experience.  When cooped up and confined within walls, I go crazy.  ESPECIALLY if I keep the droning news in the background.  So I make a decision to shut it down for a period each day (about to).  I put on music and go on the deck.  Or by the river (sat for an hour yesterday with no one within a stone's throw of me).  Clear the mind.  Breathe.  Walk.  Feel the sun on my face.  Even the rain.

It is isolating but if we dwell there...that "we're all alone" and it's bad, then it is.  If we change the thinking to "I have some me time...what shall I do with it" the possibilities are endless.

Don't get me wrong...this is a very tough thing.  It's KILLING me to stay away from my kids/Dad.  But I have choices...I can roll up in a ball and "wait" for it to pass or I can focus on some positive things I CAN still do.  Read.  Crossword puzzle.  Organize photos.  Play poker (yeeha).

I don't mean to trivialize anyone's pain and emotion...hey, it comes over me in waves.  Spent a few minutes last night with tears streaming down my face going "what now?".  But I force myself to move past it...not to unpack my bags and live there in that place.  

Good luck my friend - we have each other here and hey...that's something. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I don't blame countries fighting to buy masks, America bought masks that had already been sold and were set to be shipped to Canada and France. But China needs to honour already made orders. You can't sell to one country and then sell that same supply to America at the airport so the plane diverts that stock to America instead. Now Canada misses out on an order of PPE that they thought they were going to get. 

Justin should've know better than to do the China government a favor by sending them all that PPE much earlier this year.  This is how their government honor an agreement (forget about remembering that favor we gave them).  The North remembers.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know about you guys, but I think we are very lucky to have Dr. Henry and Mr. Dix running the show.  I like how Horgan has taken a back seat and allows these two to take the lead.  Here's a recent article about our team in the Globe and Mail that touches on there approach and communications.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-memo-to-the-rest-of-canada-how-dr-bonnie-henry-and-bc-are-getting/ 

Also, did anyone notice that Dix appeared p-off/frustrated with the notion of citizens returning to Canada in the upcoming weeks will not be 'mandated' to isolate for 14 days?  Very much like when he was begging the Feds to close the US boarder.  After most of BC has been isolating for the past 2 weeks, we are now going to have an influx of citizens returning (from high virus contact areas), who will have little (if any) supervision.  I almost got the impression that he wanted a snitch line.

I really don't have a problem with snitching; especially when we are at an important phase in managing this virus.  Be interesting if the Neighbourhood Watch in each community could be in on this.

• Cheers 2

Brian Kemp, the Governor of Georgia, is giving Bone Spurs a run for his money in the "clueless about corona" department:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said on Wednesday that new information on the spread of coronavirus influenced his decision to issue a stay-at-home order. In particular, Kemp pointed to what he said was the recent discovery that the virus can be spread by people who are not exhibiting symptoms.

"What we've been telling people from directives from the CDC for weeks now that if you start feeling bad stay home, those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad. But we didn't know that until the last 24 hours," said Kemp.

:picard:

Hey Georgia: I bet Stacy Abrams is looking pretty good right now, amirite?

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Brian Kemp, the Governor of Georgia, is giving Bone Spurs a run for his money in the "clueless about corona" department:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

:picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

41 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think we are very lucky to have Dr. Henry and Mr. Dix running the show.  I like how Horgan has taken a back seat and allows these two to take the lead.  Here's a recent article about our team in the Globe and Mail that touches on there approach and communications.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-memo-to-the-rest-of-canada-how-dr-bonnie-henry-and-bc-are-getting/ 

Also, did anyone notice that Dix appeared p-off/frustrated with the notion of citizens returning to Canada in the upcoming weeks will not be 'mandated' to isolate for 14 days?  Very much like when he was begging the Feds to close the US boarder.  After most of BC has been isolating for the past 2 weeks, we are now going to have an influx of citizens returning (from high virus contact areas), who will have little (if any) supervision.  I almost got the impression that he wanted a snitch line.

I really don't have a problem with snitching; especially when we are at an important phase in managing this virus.  Be interesting if the Neighbourhood Watch in each community could be in on this.

Also appreciated the province blasting Trudeau after American citizens were initially exempt from the border closure.  Our provincial leadership has done well.

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

How can highest ranking official in the state be that out of date on his information?  Does he get his news from carrier pigeons?  

Oh well, just makes me appreciate my own govenor more and more.

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

How can highest ranking official in the state be that out of date on his information?  Does he get his news from carrier pigeons?  

Oh well, just makes me appreciate my own govenor more and more.

He gets most of his news from Jesus. The Lord missed a memo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Justin should've know better than to do the China government a favor by sending them all that PPE much earlier this year.  This is how their government honor an agreement (forget about remembering that favor we gave them).  The North remembers.

If anything this shows that countries need their own ability to manufacture.

We’ve become so reliant on world markets to manufacture and let our own manufacturing industry disappear that we’re handcuffed in situations like this.

The fact that a G7 country doesnt even have the ability to manufacture its own medical supplies is just sad.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This should have been down long time ago.

On the other hand tell me again how Joe Biden and Donald Trump are about the same.

Biden urges sanctions relief for Iran amid coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/biden-urges-sanctions-relief-for-iran-amid-coronavirus/ar-BB125BIg?li=BBnb7Kz

Wasn't aid offered and denied ?  

https://time.com/5807893/iran-leader-refuses-us-help-coronavirus/ 

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Iran’s supreme leader refused U.S. assistance Sunday to fight the new coronavirus, citing an unfounded conspiracy theory that the virus could be man-made by America.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s comments come as Iran faces crushing U.S. sanctions blocking the country from selling its crude oil and accessing international financial markets.

But while Iranian civilian officials in recent days have increasingly criticized those sanctions, 80-year-old Khamenei instead chose to traffic in the same conspiracy theory increasingly used by Chinese officials about the new virus to deflect blame for the pandemic.

“I do not know how real this accusation is but when it exists, who in their right mind would trust you to bring them medication?” Khamenei said. “Possibly your medicine is a way to spread the virus more.”