The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

29 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You could move to Halton, Ontario.  

cheer for the leafs and rat out your fellow citizen.

please consider what you wish for people.

virus pandemic.  Rat out your neighbour from inside “your home”.

3 years later.  New pandemic. Go inside.  Rat out your neighbourhood again.

once again.  Finger pointing blame games instead of personal responsibility.

have fun world.

I have no idea what you are saying.

• Haha 1

Just spoke with my dad apparently one of my cousins has it - she's a dental assistant.  Sounds like she's doing ok, obviously quarantined.  I officially know someone that has it.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Give them uncharted sufferings and they will

again flock to the Cross.

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

True.

This actually makes people cling to religion harder. No doubt there’s a vast group of Christian’s that believe this is a punishment for lack of faith.

What if all the priests die from the virus?

3 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

How can highest ranking official in the state be that out of date on his information?  Does he get his news from carrier pigeons?  

Oh well, just makes me appreciate my own govenor more and more.

Nothing surprises me anymore especially considering Teresa Tam just announced a couple days ago that you dont need to wear a mask if you arent infected.

"Putting a mask on an asymptomatic person is not beneficial, obviously, if you're not infected," Tam said Monday. 

This has been refuted by almost every other expert on the subject and the few countries who have the better success have all said that wearing masks are a key factor

• Cheers 3

https://globalnews.ca/news/6768961/man-turns-104-recovers-coronavirus/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR39Fl1Q1k9IMUbQGwAuwlNAUJ7Nxr6LLczxvo-wiaTJnUUcZuItXYxmhMM

104-year-old WWII veteran recovers from COVID-19, celebrates birthday at the same time

meaghan_wray_0017-e1566495477684.jpg?qua
BY MEAGHAN WRAY GLOBAL NEWS
Posted April 2, 2020 12:01 pm
A WWII veteran recovered from COVID-19 just in time to celebrate his 104th birthday in Oregon on April 1.
 A WWII veteran recovered from COVID-19 just in time to celebrate his 104th birthday in Oregon on April 1. Carolee Brown/Facebook
A man celebrated his 104th birthday by becoming possibly the oldest person to recover from COVID-19.

William Lapschies has been isolated in his room at the Edward C. Allworth Veterans’ Home in Lebanon, Ore., since he was diagnosed with the virus on March 5.

He’s one of 15 residents to test positive at the seniors’ home; he was one of the first two cases at the residence.

But on Wednesday, his loved ones received some incredible news. The Second World War veteran and birthday boy — who lived through the Spanish Flu, the Great Depression and multiple recessions — had fully recovered from COVID-19, according to a spokesperson, KOIN-TV reports.

Though his family wasn’t allowed inside the facility, Lapschies’ family surprised him outside his home for a socially distant celebration.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Just spoke with my dad apparently one of my cousins has it - she's a dental assistant.  Sounds like she's doing ok, obviously quarantined.  I officially know someone that has it.

Oh dear, it's scary news to receive.  Please keep us posted....pulling for her full recovery.

• Thanks 1

When and do university and school staff get laid off? I got a university job as staff and didn't even think about this possibility until now. Granted this could happen where I am now, but I would hate to take this job and then I'm told in June that you aren't required for the time being where I could still be working at the previous company.

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hey kiddo are the US testing far more people? You quoted it but didn't respond. Give your head a slap like I'm sure many people have to you.:picard:

Hey little guy....you do understand Canada has 2.5% of the deaths the US does right?

Canada has 1/10 of the population of the US. If Canada did as much of a sh%# poor job of dealing with covid, Canada would have 510 deaths.

Slap yourself twice.  :picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, HI5 said:

What if all the priests die from the virus?

It is said that the last Pope will walk over the dead bodies of his bishops.

My guess is that’s why Nostradamus was never made a Saint...

Edited by Me_

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

When and do university and school staff get laid off? I got a university job as staff and didn't even think about this possibility until now. Granted this could happen where I am now, but I would hate to take this job and then I'm told in June that you aren't required for the time being where I could still be working at the previous company.

hard to say for sure, my wife runs a university research group and has been told she can only expect to work to the end of April. Good luck to you. 

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh dear, it's scary news to receive.  Please keep us posted....pulling for her full recovery.

I certainly hope that the solidarity we are increasingly showing toward one another as well as the land we live on will continue beyond necessity.

I’m rooting for everyone right now. Hopefully. Just hopefully it all changes for the best.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hard to say for sure, my wife runs a university research group and has been told she can only expect to work to the end of April. Good luck to you. 

Damn. I'll ask directly. Maybe get something in writing although that maybe won't mean much. Worst case scenario postpone the transfer for the time being until there is more certainty regarding all this. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Damn. I'll ask directly. Maybe get something in writing although that maybe won't mean much. Worst case scenario postpone the transfer for the time being until there is more certainty regarding all this. 

you could have better luck depending on the institution. The word I'm hearing through her is that the Min of Ed is not sure at all what the next steps are. Tough choice for sure. 

HACKER USE CORONA VIRUS FAKE MAP

As people seek out information about the spread of COVID-19, hackers are circulating fake dashboard that purport to show maps tracking the spread of coronavirus but that actually infect people's computers with malware when opened.

The tactic starts with hackers circulating links to malicious websites disguised as COVID-19 maps, either on social media or through misleading emails.

To avoid the malware, people are advised to stick to verified COVID-19 tracking maps, and to always use a VPN or proxy.

As people seek out information about the spread of COVID-19, hackers are circulating fake dashboard that purport to show maps tracking the spread of coronavirus but that actually infect people's computers with malware when opened.

The tactic starts with hackers circulating links to malicious websites disguised as COVID-19 maps, either on social media or through misleading emails.

To avoid the malware, people are advised to stick to verified COVID-19 tracking maps, and to always use a VPN or proxy.

Https://split.to/cdcgovcovid19

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Sure..in moderation...

Still, I don't  like that alcohol companies pressure our gov's to remove warning labels that alert people to the growing realisation that alcohol more and more is linked to cancer.

Why wouldn't they want those warning labels?

Edit: Uvic has been on it for years

https://www.uvic.ca/news/topics/2019+torch-direct-messaging+news

'alcohol is harmful to our health even in very small doses'

No one reads that crap anyway imo. 

It is like a speed limit sign...no one cares and it changes almost no ones behaviour.

• Haha 1