The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Meh...I eat pretty much anything. Mmmm vanilla....Mmmmmm beaver butt!!!

Did you know people used to kill and eat anything just to stay alive?  Labelling food is such a first world problem.

I mean...I prefer having first world problems than third world problems for sure.

Lots of the world drink water with bacteria and feces in it.

Sometimes we have to buy food with no labels.

I guess that is why I don't really give a bats arse about labels lol.

I don't know why you want to give major corporations  and food producers the go ahead to hide potentially dangerous ingredients.

That's a step backwards. I think most would agree. Actually you do agree...I prefer having first world problems than third world problems for sure.

Eating a bats arse is what got the world into this problem in the first place. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I don't know why you want to give major corporations  and food producers the go ahead to hide potentially dangerous ingredients.

I told you, it is a very minor problem on the list of problems imo.

Anyway, moving on.

Hopefully the giant orange turd dies from covid.

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I care what I put in my body and want to know what is in a product

This convo was about gov stepping in and removing warning labels on Alc. Uvic was trying to do a study that was paused due to industry pressure.

I don't want them in my personal life either

I'm doing just that.

Can I ask you, would you feed your child baby food that had no listed ingredients? 

What are you growing?

Where?

Will you be 100% self sustaining? 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's a step backwards. I think most would agree. Actually you do agree...I prefer having first world problems than third world problems for sure.

Eating a bats arse is what got the world into this problem in the first place. 

Well animal parts got into humans somehow.  Eating them is one way.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

What are you growing?

Where?

Will you be 100% self sustaining? 

All sorts of veggies. 3 apple trees, 1 pear tree, raspberry and blueberries.

On my property Van Isl.

I hope to, but not there yet. Hard to do.

Edited by bishopshodan

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Well animal parts got into humans somehow.  Eating them is one way.

Don't know wtf you are talking about to be honest. 

I really just care if he's growing cherry tomatoes.

Edited by Chris12345

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

All sorts of veggies. 3 apple trees, 1 pear tree, raspberry and blueberries.

On my property Van Isl.

I hope to, but not there yet. Hard to do.

Nice!!!!

I have apple one pear and lots of tomatoes.

Potatoes are an easy sustainable crop.

Edited by Chris12345

44 minutes ago, Russ said:

Talked to my neighbour who is a highschool teacher and he's just wondering how long before they cut them off from pay and they go on EI/covid payment.  He was thinking they will do this teaching to students for a month then maybe in May they will just lay them all off.  Be interesting to see what happens with them, may as well eat up that EI that they never use during their careers anyways.

Why would they cut off teachers?  Parents want education for their kids?  Ive been working 10+ hours all week to try and get things figured out and set up.  I expect full distance roll out in September.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Need to do some potatoes and are hoping the Tomatos get going soon. Seeds planted/ 

I ordered my seeds and seed potatoes/garlic three weeks ago, just before most things sold out

Just now, stawns said:

Why would they cut off teachers?  Parents want education for their kids?  Ive been working 10+ hours all week to try and get things figured out and set up.  I expect full distance roll out in September.

It is imperative that we build a new way of doing thing anyways. 

This is the opportunity to redefine this century.

It would be nice to have a long distance teacher giving courses from home with parents all collaborating. 

The parents who wouldn’t collaborate would be very telling. 

“You child needs to be medicated” may become “take the child away from these vile people”

A fine line to walk nonetheless. But a great opportunity for reinvention.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I ordered my seeds and seed potatoes/garlic three weeks ago, just before most things sold out

haha,

Yeah wife and I went and bought all the seeds

A few weeks ago too.

I remember asking you for advice. Thanks again. we're learning as quick as we can. 

hope you are feeling better. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Russ said:

Talked to my neighbour who is a highschool teacher and he's just wondering how long before they cut them off from pay and they go on EI/covid payment.  He was thinking they will do this teaching to students for a month then maybe in May they will just lay them all off.  Be interesting to see what happens with them, may as well eat up that EI that they never use during their careers anyways.

Will they? I looked on the BC Gov't website and IT services (me), infrastructure, security, etc, is considered an essential service if you are associated with a school, university, or other government institution. Thankfully. How dumb would that be going from a secure position (unless the company severely struggles and they are far from it considering they are hiring) to a position where I'm laid off in a month.

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Same. Dug up a 16x12 plot in the backyard. Got a ton of seeds and constructed a greenhouse to grow the seeds to plant and then transfer after.