The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I went to my cardiologist and asked him if I should be concerned (I had a regular visit scheduled)

I am 62, have heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure and had cancer

I do play hockey and feel pretty healthy

He said he did not think I am in the group who are at risk

Kind of makes me wonder, though

For folks like yourself that may feel you have a somewhat vulnerable immune system....

Aside from the obvious - ie hygiene, and building the positive bacteria in your system (dietary - probiotics, etc).

One of the most valuable tools I've ever acquired is this stuff:

NutriBiotic, Vegan GSE Grapefruit Seed Extract, Liquid Concentrate, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

When I was young, working in the bush - and drinking compromised water - I got a water-borne illness - and was fortunate enough to meet an Indian woman who advised me - before I wasted my time with pharmaceuticals - that she'd used grapefruit seeds to great effectiveness when she had the same experience (common in her home, where clean water can, unfortunately, be a 'luxury').

I had a strong immune system at the time, which helped - but I was better in less than 48 hours.

The key to it is Vitamin P - a ciminally under'sold' / under-educated and invaluable aid - aka bioflavonoids.

It is particularly prevalent in foods with high concentrations of vitamin C - ie citrus - particularly seeds and pulp - and together - Vitamin C and P form one of the most potent immune supports you can readily get.  Everyone knows about Vit C - criminally few people are informed about vitamin P.

Like other citrus - GSE can elevate your heart rate when taken (and expand blood vessels - "vasodilator") - while also healing and strengthening your arteries - but it's use is cautioned with people that take heart medications.

If that's not the case with you - I cannot 'recommend' a better product - I've used it for 25 or 30 years - have bought countless bottles for family, friends, etc - and it is, imo, every time, among the best $20ish I've ever spent.  Don't use it constantly - it can also reduce some of the postive bacteria in your digestive tract - but use it wheneve you're feeling compromised, or when you might be more exposed - ie when travelling, frequenting airports, etc.  Can also be used to wash food/fruit, and has a few other uses  - but for me, it is principally an outstanding immune booster - 100% 'natural' - affordable - convenient - an invaluable product (which I have no financial or other interest in - I simply swear by it based on a whole lot of personal experience and feedback from others who I've 'advised' to try it.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

For folks like yourself that may feel you have a somewhat vulnerable immune system....

Aside from the obvious - ie hygiene, and building the positive bacteria in your system (dietary - probiotics, etc).

One of the most valuable tools I've ever acquired is this stuff:

NutriBiotic, Vegan GSE Grapefruit Seed Extract, Liquid Concentrate, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

When I was young, working in the bush - and drinking compromised water - I got a water-borned illness - and was fortunate enough to meet an Indian woman who advised me - before I wasted my time with pharmaceuticals - that she'd used grapefruit seeds to great effectiveness when she has the same experience.

I had a strong immune system at the time, which helped - but I was better in less than 48 hours.

The key to it is Vitamin P - a ciminally under'sold' / under-educated and invaluable aid - aka bioflavonoids.

It is particularly prevalent in foods with high concentrations of vitamin C - ie citrus - particularly seeds and pulp - and together - Vitamin C and P form one of the most potent immune supports you readily get.

Like other citrus - it can elevate your heart rate when taken (and expand blood vessels - "vasodilator") - while also healing and strengthening your arteries - but it's use is cautioned with people that take heart medications.

If that's not the case with you - I cannot 'recommend' a better product - I've used it for 25 or 30 years - have bought countless bottles for family, friends, etc - and it is, imo, every time, among the best $20ish I've ever spent.  Don't use it constantly - it can also reduce some of the postive bacteria in your digestive tract - but use it wheneve you're feeling compromised, or when you might be more exposed - ie when travelling, frequenting airports, etc.  Can also be used to wash food/fruit, and has a few other uses  - but for me, it is principally an outstanding immune booster - 100% 'natural' - affordable - convenient - an invaluable product (which I have no financial or other interest in - I simply swear by it based on a whole lot of personal experience and feedback from others who I've 'advised' to try it.

Thanks Oldnews

Yeah, I have to watch my Niacin intake and can not have grapefruit at all....its a bugger getting older, and I have collected a bigger than average list.

I am suppose to go to Phoenix to golf at the end of the month......not sure I am going, regardless of having paid for most of it.

We will see how this thing escalates…………..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

6 under home quarantine and 1 cured here in Maui. As I said no one that worried. 

Ugh pregnant wife flys out tomorrow to Hawaii for a week vacation..... not to happy about her doing that....

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

According to the BBC the death toll in Italy shot up by 133 in a day to 366. 

And Tim Hortons will not longer sell Roll Up the Rim cups. 

Will the insanity ever end????

But 9 million people die of hunger and hunger related diseases every year.

Yet so much food is wasted. 

9 million die of hunger, ok but this virus isnt relates to famine. Stupid logic to compare this to the virus. Might as well say war kills less than famine and cancer so its no big deal. Am more scared of ignorant people in this crisis more than the virus.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I went to my cardiologist and asked him if I should be concerned (I had a regular visit scheduled)

I am 62, have heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure and had cancer

I do play hockey and feel pretty healthy

He said he did not think I am in the group who are at risk

Kind of makes me wonder, though

If you are taking meds and not serious illness, I guess it would be ok if your doctor said it was ok. You had cancer before but now you dont so I wouldnt be worried if you have recovered from your cancer. Now the people who are taking chemotherapy would be at higher risk due to weaker immune system.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

9 million die of hunger, ok but this virus isnt relates to famine. Stupid logic to compare this to the virus. Might as well say war kills less than famine and cancer so its no big deal. Am more scared of ignorant people in this crisis more than the virus.

Missing the point dude. Millions die of hunger, and no one cares. But have a virus that rich people can get as well as poor, now it's a big deal. 

14 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ugh pregnant wife flys out tomorrow to Hawaii for a week vacation..... not to happy about her doing that....

I would not worry too much since the risk there is still probably pretty low. 

14 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thanks Oldnews

Yeah, I have to watch my Niacin intake and can not have grapefruit at all....its a bugger getting older, and I have collected a bigger than average list.

I am suppose to go to Phoenix to golf at the end of the month......not sure I am going, regardless of having paid for most of it.

We will see how this thing escalates…………..

It's such a tough thing to evaluate - the relative benefits - because, for me - citrus is about as good a 'heart medication' as it gets - it heals and strengthens your arteries - and it also cleans every cell in your body - there is literally nothing that cleans your lungs more effectively than grapefruit, lime, lemon, etc (possibly invaluable to asthmatics imo).  To have to give up those 'remedies' for medication - I always wonder about - but I'm not a 'scientist' - and there are probably cases/conditions that are too 'acute' or progressed to 'experiment' with alternatives.  I suppose I'm just a 'naturalist' with a long history in the field of nutrition, natural healing, etc - so I'd never 'advise' anyone to forego medication, and even less so not knowing anything about a person's particular health context (beyond what you've described as heart disease, high blood pressure, asthma).

There's a film that I think is really good - I'm not sure I like the name of it because I think it has an identity catch that can turn people off of watching it - "Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead" = a description of the person's health condition who made it.  Imo it's a really good film -not just for those that are 'sick fat or nearly dead' but for virtually anyone.  It's a really interesting journey the guy goes on - he's a businessman - quite ill - who tries juicing - and gets great results.  He then goes on a nation-wide tour (he's Australian but crosses the USA in a car with a juicer) and simply talks to every day people he  meets by chance accross the USA about food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, etc.  I find him particularly effective becasue he's not a 'lifestyle' snob, he's not preaching, not 'fanatical' (not that alternative health professionals are, but a lot of people, particularly in the past, were turned off by 'alternative' lifestyle 'politics', however valuable the kernels may have been.  In any event - I sidetrack - but the film is straight language - and experience - of a guy that healed himself - and has some priceless footage of interactions with 'health experts' who know far less than he wound up knowing about simple. common sense information like nutrition.  Also some great footage of conversations he has with everyday folks who you really feel for - who don't seem to have access to good information about nutrition.  Anyhow I think it's a worthwhile watch whether or not the information serves you - it's a fairly heartfelt story of a guy's honest experience - that he shares with a lot of people.  Kind of reminds me of the "mad cowboy" in that sense - an old-school dairy farmer (Howard Lyman) who was for decades himself exposed to high concentrations of chemicals - diagnosed with a spinal tumour - and then went about converting his - and many of his peers - farms to organic farming.  Regardless, a person doesn't have to go full-fledged juice faster - or vegan (I'm neither) - to gleen some of the benefits of their information/experience.  Personally I'm a believer in the 'long-game' in any event - even  moderate changes can make a big difference.

57 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Missing the point dude. Millions die of hunger, and no one cares. But have a virus that rich people can get as well as poor, now it's a big deal. 

Millions dying of hunger does not effect global supply chains, does not curtail travel, does not cancel school, does not crash global markets, does not force millions in quarantine.

Anyone dying of hunger is an absolute atrocity, but there is very little ripple effect.This virus no matter how few are effected has a massive ripple effect.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Bunch of stupid in this picture. 

Let me guess, southern States?  How in the hell is @$$ Wipe a worry?  These idiots shoot one another thousands of times every day, but they buy up all the @$$ wipe when there is a flu scare?  Dumbest population on the planet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Let me guess, southern States?  How in the hell is @$$ Wipe a worry?  These idiots shoot one another thousands of times every day, but they buy up all the @$$ wipe when there is a flu scare?  Dumbest population on the planet.  

I thought this TP panic was happening up here too?

Anyway, dumb stuff. TP is not an essential item. I keep wondering if these people know something I don't. Do they plan to soak the TP in hand sanitizer and wrap themselves up like a mummy? like a full body hospital mask? Maybe that's it?

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

lmfao right!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding it. I stocked up on some extra foods (canned / dehydrated), but i also needed to replenish our earthquake kit anyway. At least that makes sense. Lol! 

11 minutes ago, IRR said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding it. I stocked up on some extra foods (canned / dehydrated), but i also needed to replenish our earthquake kit anyway. At least that makes sense. Lol! 

100%. That's all we are doing. Nothing else.. People don't know or forget that you can use water to clean your a$$ in more dire situations.. 

• Cheers 1