The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

59 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I just want to say our neighbours suck. The US is a nation of selfishness. And this pandemic has shown how different they are from other countries of the world. 

At the best of times they bully Canada on trade. During a pandemic, they react too slowly and THEY send troops to the border? And are now cutting off equipment made in the US. 

With friends like that who needs enemies?

You know what they say tho about keeping enemies closer.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And like I said, there's only one way out of it.

And no, this isn't 50% of Canadians. There's certainly some lower income folk struggling to get by, truly scraping by week to week and living a very minimalist existence (not by choice). There's a LOT of people driving around in leased vehicles (that would normally be beyond their means), taking multiple vacations a year with the latest iphone, picking up their daily Starbucks, 'spoiling' their kids with disposable crap from dollar stores who claim to be living paycheque to paycheque who are largely just making poor purchasing decisions.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree with some of this. The amount of people living beyond their means is staggering. Especially in the lower mainland and with the cost of living. However, the amount of people just getting by is alarming as well. 50% is not as farfetched as you think.

11 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I see alberta plates here  on the island.

Send all the RED plates home! Also, the RED plates scamming insurance while residing in BC should be punished too, using and Alberta address to get cheap automotive insurance while living in BC should be illegal as F

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Send all the RED plates home! Also, the RED plates scamming insurance while residing in BC should be punished too, using and Alberta address to get cheap automotive insurance while living in BC should be illegal as F

Wifeys friends did this for a while.

i can’t make eye contact with people like that:lol: 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Oh I wholeheartedly agree with some of this. The amount of people living beyond their means is staggering. Especially in the lower mainland and with the cost of living. However, the amount of people just getting by is alarming as well. 50% is not as farfetched as you think.

Yeah, I'm just suggesting that a LOT of that 50% is doing it to themselves. And if the rest of the other 50% (and the portion of 'your' 50% who could buy smarter) bought and made more things here, it would have the effect of creating more/better jobs for the ones who truly have this problem.

Like I said, only one way out.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You can go ahead and panic and freak out about made up numbers like a 20% mortality rate based on nothing.

But try not to fear monger online so other gullible dummies don't actually believe there is a mortality rate of 20% even though many experts have said it is anywhere from 1% to 3%.  In Canada so far the mortality rate for covid is 1.47% based on the numbers. But in reality it is much lower because that mortality rate is based on persons that tested positive for covid while in reality many other people have actually had it and recovered with little to no symptoms.

So just stop with your crap saying you think 20% of the world will die.  Good god....:picard:

Sure bud.
Let’s have that exact talk when all is said and done.

If we’re both still alive by that time.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I just want to say our neighbours suck. The US is a nation of selfishness. And this pandemic has shown how different they are from other countries of the world. 

At the best of times they bully Canada on trade. During a pandemic, they react too slowly and THEY send troops to the border? And are now cutting off equipment made in the US. 

Seriously, we've historically been allies but all they seem to do nowadays is $&!# on their relationship with us. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

To be fair, they did owe us one for sending them Bieber.....

• Haha 3

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Don't they already? 

Granted I am not a big Trudeau fan either but I think they've done a pretty thorough job of keeping this to a minimum

Pretty close. But there were occasional distractions like tractor pulls and banjo lessons....B)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I guess this means that they'll be complaining about Justin Trudeau full time now?

Fair deal?

USA

Alberta

CAN

Maine

Washington

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1