The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Time for Canada, BC more specifically to put their foot DOWN and immediately STOP shipping those precious materials to 3M down in the states. If Trump thinks he can hoard all the masks while using Canadian materials F that noise!! 

But being polite Canadians with no back bone, we like cave and let him get away with it. Trudeau would earn my respect if he say not so fast Trump and immediately shuts that down. 

Surely we can make our own masks in Canada with those materials!?

It’s better for Canada not to stoop to his level but rather show diplomatic leadership and raise the discourse to our level. 

He’ll realize soon enough once someone with half a brain explains things to him and he’ll back down and undoubtedly try and make himself seem magnanimous in the process.  

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think we'll see sports for a very, very long time.......not until there's a vaccine

Can you imagine that first body check where player A gets caught by surprise and totally spits into player B's mouth. It would be played on a continual loop on sportsnet until the end of time. Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Until this thing is totally under control I don't say any way these guys suit up again.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s a little hyperbolic of a scenario.  As is shutting off water etc. 

There wouldn’t be a conflict between the two largest trading partners and founding members of NATO

Well, hello, stranger! Hope all is well with you! :towel:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s better for Canada not to stoop to his level but rather show diplomatic leadership and raise the discourse to our level. 

He’ll realize soon enough once someone with half a brain explains things to him and he’ll back down and undoubtedly try and make himself seem magnanimous in the process.  

Welcome back from the dead Sharpy ;)

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

People caught breaking the orders could face fines of up to $25,000 and jail terms of up to six months, under B.C.’s Public Health Act.

“I say bring it on,” Parhar told Global News.

“I say tell the police to go and investigate where this pandemic is and what a virus is.”

Slap this nimrod with whatever you can. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

All this scares me more than the virus.  So many people are calling it conspiracy, but they need to open their eyes and do some research.  Add a cashless society to the list and mandatory vaccines or you will be limited as to where you can go.

Google is already releasing location info.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google-s-sharing-canadians-location-data-with-the-government-but-says-privacy-s-assured-1.4880747

I’m no military strategist but generally speaking dictator parties don’t invite every gvt to their benders.  In order to get a vip you gotta agree to do some stuff that citizens shouldn’t know about.

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

One might ask what is a national security priority in Canada? Not like SARs wasn't a wake up call. I see the 10 year bond yield in the USA dropped below Canada's. I don't think I have ever seen that before. At some point Canada will not be able to finance the debt. I suspect rating agencies will be re-evaluating both government and corporate debt in Canada. How much of Canadian GDP will be in the hands of government by the time this virus passes? 

If Canada had any illusions about what the Americans were capable of then NAFTA 2.0 should have woke them up. If it wasn't Trump playing hardball it would be another POTUS. Nixon and LBJ come to mind. They needed us a lot more back then, not so much now. Truly I think there is a significant geopolitical realignment going on here. I think the Americans are aware of the world debt problem and are positioning themselves to come out the other end. To them this is just as much a national security issue as any threat the Russians or Chinese present. I have said many times I do not expect Canada to survive as constituted.   

Before this pandemic Canada’s debt ratio was the best of the G7... we will be fine. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That's how to deal with reasonable people.  Cut off the supply until the clown running the asylum to the south either starts acting like an adult or drops dead.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t agree with making a full 2020-21 season a priority.

Playing 85% of a season and scrapping it is way more of a travesty than playing two 70 game seasons (which is what the season should be anyways).

Playoff revenue is worth way more than 12 games of the regular season.

Give it up... the season is toast. 

• Cheers 1

Part of me is thinking, was something as drastic as this bound to happen? There are just so many humans nowadays and our impact on the environment, as much  as we try to reduce it, is absolutely damaging it.

Do we need better population control?

Just finished watching part of a documentary (was on the wife’s Facebook and she wanted to go to bed) about the 1918 Spanish Flu. Amazing how many similarities to Covid 19 and also similarities to how it spread and mutated.