The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah you'd have to be in the direct line of getting horked on and it hitting the mask. Its still all over the rest of you tho so you have to go and wash properly, etc. anyway. 

I was buying groceries for the in-laws yesterday and got sneed on actually, not pleasant. But a surgical mask wouldn't have helped one bit if she sneezed out a cloud of virus, everyone in the aisle was exposed instantly. If I disappear from CDC you'll know why. That or Deb is finally tired of me. 

a good example jimmy

oh.. and stop trying to be trump like

and create new words for the english language

what is this "sneed" you refer to???

:bigblush:

17 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’ve done so.  It’s not up to me if people want to add some sort of angle or motive to it.

Sorry to be blunt, but the reason why you and samurai get targeted so often is because you both have a habit of unclear stances. Don't you wonder why so many posters ask you what your point is so often? 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

a good example jimmy

oh.. and stop trying to be trump like

and create new words for the english language

what is this "sneed" you refer to???

:bigblush:

its my damn phone. It autocorrects when I post and I can't figure out how to turn off the damn function. Anyone have a Samsung A8 and can tell me how to shut off autocorrect? 

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's why hospital capacity is a key factor/statistic/whatever you want to call it.  If my appendix bursts during regular flu season, I'm not worried because I know the hospital won't be overburdened with seasonal flu sufferers.  But what if my appendix bursts two weeks from now and the hospitals are slammed with Covid-19 patients?  How many other things may get missed because the hospitals are overburdened because we didn't flatten the curve.

It's easy to quibble over death rates, testing effectiveness because this virus is new and the data is emerging.  But the overburdening of the hospital system is real because we ALL are susceptible  to this virus (unlike the seasonal flu which a large enough percentage of us will already have immunity).

Good points, we can't sustain this forever.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah you'd have to be in the direct line of getting horked on and it hitting the mask. Its still all over the rest of you tho so you have to go and wash properly, etc. anyway. 

I was buying groceries for the in-laws yesterday and got sneezed on actually, not pleasant. But a surgical mask wouldn't have helped one bit if she sneezed out a cloud of virus, everyone in the aisle was exposed instantly.

If I disappear from CDC you'll know why. That or Deb is finally tired of me. 

The masks don't stop you from getting it, they prevent you from spreading it.  That's my understanding

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sorry to be blunt, but the reason why you and samurai get targeted so often is because you both have a habit of unclear stances. Don't you wonder why so many posters ask you what your point is so often? 

My apologies.  I hope I’ve made it clear now and will be sure to announce my intents in the future like everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its my damn phone. It autocorrects when I post and I can't figure out how to turn off the damn function. Anyone have a Samsung A8 and can tell me how to shut off autocorrect? 

i was going to scold you

and doubt your explanation

but i'll be damned

sneed is actually a word

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The masks don't stop you from getting it, they prevent you from spreading it.  That's my understanding

a perfectly fit N95 would stop you from breathing it in. But is can still be all over you, so you still have to wash properly, etc. Unless you plan on wearing it 24/7. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's why hospital capacity is a key factor/statistic/whatever you want to call it.  If my appendix bursts during regular flu season, I'm not worried because I know the hospital won't be overburdened with seasonal flu sufferers.  But what if my appendix bursts two weeks from now and the hospitals are slammed with Covid-19 patients?  How many other things may get missed because the hospitals are overburdened because we didn't flatten the curve.

It's easy to quibble over death rates, testing effectiveness because this virus is new and the data is emerging.  But the overburdening of the hospital system is real because we ALL are susceptible  to this virus (unlike the seasonal flu which a large enough percentage of us will already have immunity).

Well said! Even if the system be very does get overwhelmed people are the paying the price too. I’ve heard of cancer patients that need interventions are being turned away to keep open space. 

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Actually lol

my history as a target here jus started this week.

no doubt my “vagueness” is not the only reason I’ve become a “target”....or flammable material lol.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Actually lol

my history as a target here jus started this week.

no doubt my “vagueness” is not the only reason I’ve become a “target”....or flammable material lol.

questions are good. Fire them out. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

That or Deb is finally tired of me. 

Never my friend.

And to riffraff...I don't totally disagree with the being careful of what freedoms we give up when we're completely distracted by something monumental.  The Shock Doctrine is on my current must read list and there are reasons to believe that there is absolute exploitation by some during times of crisis with a very real agenda to assume more power and control when everyone's focused elsewhere.

It's a good discussion when we keep it constructive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i was going to scold you

and doubt your explanation

but i'll be damned

sneed is actually a word

When someone wants some Mary Jane on the down-low. To say I need some weed. As in, "Hey man I sneed"!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Never my friend.

And to riffraff...I don't totally disagree with the being careful of what freedoms we give up when we're completely distracted by something monumental.  The Shock Doctrine is on my current must read list and there are reasons to believe that there is absolute exploitation by some during times of crisis with a very real agenda to assume more power and control when everyone's focused elsewhere.

It's a good discussion when we keep it constructive.

Literally can’t online thank you enough for this post.

i ask for patience as I fumble my way through new territory. I’m not a researcher and I don’t write presentations or opinion pieces.  So to everyone and you bare with my holes in delivery methods.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Good points, we can't sustain this forever.

And we won't have to.  Best case scenario a vaccine is created.  Also, medications could emerge to prove effective in suppressing systems.  Worse case scenario, Covid-19 cases come in waves over a couple of years.  But even then, it will eventually be over with (after many dead and much disruption) and we can put the pieces back together (but there is no reason why that last case is our fate).

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

i ask for patience as I fumble my way through new territory. 

We all are, my friend.   I really do value and respect your opinion so have taken something away from your posts, that are cause for pause and consideration.   It's always good to challenge things...to look beyond the obvious for underlying themes and motives.   To not be blinded during times of chaos that can be used as distractions...for sure.

Just now, Wilbur said:

And we won't have to.  Best case scenario a vaccine is created.  Also, medications could emerge to prove effective in suppressing systems.  Worse case scenario, Covid-19 cases come in waves over a couple of years.  But even then, it will eventually be over with (after many dead and much disruption) and we can put the pieces back together (but there is no reason why that last case is our fate).

Why is it supposed to take so long for a vaccine? My physiology classes and such were quite awhile ago but I thought all they would have to do was obtain antibodies from those who survived, and create those synthetically. Can't we speed this up with "everybody", working on it? Excuse my ignorance please.

9 hours ago, samurai said:

Many experts believe that it is very fast spreading as you say but not as fatal as other corona like SARS. 

You are right.

It is not as lethal but it spreads far faster Than SARS. Which makes the death toll higher than SARS.