The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

My elevator is barely more than 6 feet wide... :(

My station at work allowed no 6 foot buffer...which is why I insisted on leaving/working from home.

It was scary...I was smack dab in the middle of traffic.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Best bet?  Don't go near people unless you have to.  And, even then, as far away as possible.  

Might be a case of me overdoing the Axe body spray, but I don't have that problem.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Scary stuff, but makes sense.

Best bet?  Don't go near people unless you have to.  And, even then, as far away as possible.  

Even without the pandemic we're in, going near people is last on my "to-do list".

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So basically, it’s not “airborn” but it’s “aerosol”, which means it travels on micro water drops with the winds around us.

It would explain why people get sick on cruise ships humidity and central air.

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

He called the thread $&!#ty with no reason to label it so.  I explained why I feel it’s not.

regardless I would be more than willing to try friendship with him in the real world.

thats the thing

I’m used to discussing anything with people who disagree with me.  I don’t take it personal.  Sometimes that’s comes with heat. But if you have respect it can be very beneficial to disagree and as result maybe learn something.  Disagreeing forces one to be sharp and thoughtful.

before all this I used to sit at a poker table every second Friday. Age range 20-65.  Core group of 8 with some stragglers.  One guy is Iranian.  One guy is a white newfy married to an Iranian woman.  And one guy has no joke worn a MAGA hat to the table.  The conversations are amazing.  People get into it.  People get heated.  Then we all just deal the cards and come back for more in two weeks.

Did you join our poker game for 7 tonight?  If not you should (fun game/play $$ though)

• Cheers 1

I watched a documentary last night called 1918 Spanish Flu historical documentary. (I would link but I have no idea how). Very interesting and had a lot of similarities to today. 
Anyways I asked my aunt today if my grandpa had ever talked about it as he was in the WW1 trenches at the time. Not sure who he was fighting with or for which side as he was Polish ( something to google and learn). 
She told me the only story he told about it was that when he got sick he thought he was done as there were few survivors so he drank a quart of motor oil to speed up the process and get it over with. Miraculously he survived. He swore up and down that the oil saved him instead of killing him. 
I can’t help but wonder if the oil was hemp oil as it was in common use at that time especially in that area. 
Whatever the case here I am. B)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, riffraff said:

How so?

to date it’s been repeat post after post of world death tally watching and graph models that mean nothing.  Score keeping and debating over is JT or trump better at handling this crisis.

at least now there is some diversified real talk that is difficult to discuss which imo is far more worthwhile than the drone to date.

Oh FFS. They do not mean "nothing" and even the sources you posted didn't say this. There is a limitation between nothing and something. 

The worst thing about you posting your cute blog posts is that you seem to not be intelligent enough to understand them. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

He called the thread $&!#ty with no reason to label it so.  I explained why I feel it’s not.

regardless I would be more than willing to try friendship with him in the real world.

thats the thing

I’m used to discussing anything with people who disagree with me.  I don’t take it personal.  Sometimes that’s comes with heat. But if you have respect it can be very beneficial to disagree and as result maybe learn something.  Disagreeing forces one to be sharp and thoughtful.

before all this I used to sit at a poker table every second Friday. Age range 20-65.  Core group of 8 with some stragglers.  One guy is Iranian.  One guy is a white newfy married to an Iranian woman.  And one guy has no joke worn a MAGA hat to the table.  The conversations are amazing.  People get into it.  People get heated.  Then we all just deal the cards and come back for more in two weeks.

MAGA hat, eh, I thought they didn't allow jokers in poker?

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, riffraff said:

thats the thing

You keep saying this, but you don't really have much of a discussion. You just post and run away and then when somebody responds to you, you say "that's an opinion" and go back to spamming the same thing. You act like you are interested in discussion but you don't show any interest in stepping down from your original position that 95% of experts are wrong and the one's that say we shouldn't limit freedoms are right. The conversation is far more nuanced than this. Yes, we have a definitive problem. No, we don't know the scope. The models and graphs don't mean "nothing", they mean something, but they also carry limitations and you have to account for those limitations when making conclusions. Just like literally every empirical paper that has been published up to this point in time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

Cool but I ask again how do I join. I am old. I have no idea what you are saying with this post. 

If you click on that, it will take you to the poker thread with all the instructions. You'll need to download PokerStars if you do not already have it.

:)