The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

48 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know two different families that have cruises booked for a couple weeks from now and still plan to go.

:mellow:

It’s a great deal, pay 1 week and stay for 3 weeks, well 2 weeks are in quarantine but still.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Coronavirus can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres

Mon 9 Mar 2020 23:24:23 GMT

A report from the South China Morning Post on research findings. 

• from a group of official researchers from Hunan province investigating a cluster case
In brief:
  • The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes
  • can travel up to 4.5 metres - further than the "safe distance" advised by health authorities around the world
  • it can last for days on surfaces where respiratory droplets land (depends on factors such as temperature and the type of surface - it can survive for two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper)

This was more than a little frightening.

Did you ever see the movie, “Andromeda Strain”?  An entire town is wiped out by a terrible virus, except one person.  The town drunk.  Alcohol saved him.  Alcohol is the magic pill.  (A baby survived too, but that ruins my point.) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s a great deal, pay 1 week and stay for 3 weeks, well 2 weeks are in quarantine but still.

Aren’t vomiting and diarrhea (kind of) ways to drop pounds?  These could be advertised as Richard Simmons lose weight cruises.  I wonder if the boats have enough toilet paper?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t vomiting and diarrhea (kind of) ways to drop pounds?  These could be advertised as Richard Simmons lose weight cruises.  I wonder if the boats have enough toilet paper?  

No, they use super soakers filled with ocean water.

• Haha 1

It’s amazing to me. So it’s the flu or another version of it if that makes you feel better and the first thing that panicked the world is do I have enough toilet paper?  What the fridge. 

Our world is so backwards. Political Leadership is struggling to manage social conscience vrs reality because can’t understand reality anymore. I’ve personally stopped reading any article that says virus. Fear monger and click bait at its all time best or worst depending on your lense. 

I wish 6 months would pass right now and everyone will be like oh the world didn’t end my bad. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I've always thought, it would be a good business idea to import Mexican water as a weight loss tonic. 

Introducing the Montezuma Revenge weight loss program, guaranteed to Flush those pounds away...... ::D

So, what happens when the first NHL player comes down with this, and that WILL happen. The US is WAY behind on testing and as a result, the actual number of cases down there right now, is probably closer to 2500, maybe as high as 10,000.

If someone on Edmonton tested positive, not to mention names, but let's say, McDavid. Would they quarantine the whole team as a result?

This takes up to 3 weeks to get over and it lives on surfaces for up to 9 days. How many would they infect in that time?

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, what happens when the first NHL player comes down with this, and that WILL happen. The US is WAY behind on testing and as a result, the actual number of cases down there right now, is probably closer to 2500, maybe as high as 10,000.

If someone on Edmonton tested positive, not to mention names, but let's say, McDavid. Would they quarantine the whole team as a result?

This takes up to 3 weeks to get over and it lives on surfaces for up to 9 days. How many would they infect in that time?

NHL shuts down for a month?

Maybe Markstrom will be back by the time it restarts. :lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bertorama said:

It’s amazing to me. So it’s the flu or another version of it if that makes you feel better and the first thing that panicked the world is do I have enough toilet paper?  What the fridge. 

Our world is so backwards. Political Leadership is struggling to manage social conscience vrs reality because can’t understand reality anymore. I’ve personally stopped reading any article that says virus. Fear monger and click bait at its all time best or worst depending on your lense. 

I wish 6 months would pass right now and everyone will be like oh the world didn’t end my bad. 

Sadly, I am fully confident society will

just move on to the next version of media driven mass hysteria.

Are players who get sick tested for this virus?  Plus, it takes what a week to show symptoms, but the virus is spread during that week?  So if one NHL player, or employee of a team tests positive, does that mean the league must shut down?