The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

OMG...my son just sent me this.  He's had respiratory issues since he was born...was in an oxygen tent as a baby (his father is severely asthmatic).  He's had pneumonia twice recently, so hunkered down from the get go as one of the first "work from home"/completely isolating himself cases I know of.  Been weeks.  The reason I fought/lost my job was my kids and my Dad.  It's terrifying to me.  Well...and everyone who is vulnerable and put at risk by reckless actions.

Anyhow, he just sent me this (when I asked if he's doing ok).  Seems he is... 

image.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

since it seems like we're all headed to vegetarianism this am, here's something that I've been using thats takes veggie burgers to the next level - vegan "Worcestershire" sauce"https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/vegan-worcestershire-sauce/

I added 1/4 a cup of marmite and 1/4 cup of molasses to it which makes it amazing stuff. Put this into any bean-based burger if you feel like experimenting during our lock down. It adds a terrific meatiness to bean burgers or to veggie 'ground beef' for tacos. 

OMG my Mother In Law had marmite for everything.  <3 this.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

He instills a Dr. Bonnie sense of calm...unlike orange exploding suns of chaos and calamity.

Donnie could take lessens from Doug Ford.  Who says a leopard can't change their spots?  Funny how when the **** hits the fan, you REALLY find out about a person.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG my Mother In Law had marmite for everything.  <3 this.

marmite on its own is kind of nasty, but this recipe really rocks. My wife prefers it to the taste of the beyond meat burger, which I guess has good intentions but is pretty much junk food. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

marmite on its own is kind of nasty, but this recipe really rocks. My wife prefers it to the taste of the beyond meat burger, which I guess has good intentions but is pretty much junk food. 

Haha, she used to have it on toast.  I was a big "uh, no thanks" to that "recipe".

But your idea sounds great...will be trying it.

41 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Admittedly I didn't read the article, but did it not say that type AB had the lowest blood type representation?

Along with the lowest blood type in the general population. 'You' actually had a 1% jump in expected cases according to those numbers based on population breakdown.

Better than A type people though who evidently saw a 7% jump.

O is the type you apparently want. They saw a 9% drop over expected.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Along with the lowest blood type in the general population. 'You' actually had a 1% jump in expected cases according to those numbers based on population breakdown.

Better than A type people though who evidently saw a 7% jump.

O is the type you apparently want. They saw a 9% drop over expected.

So I should go in, get drained out; and have my fluids replaced with "O" type.?

I'll call my doctor.::D

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I could go Vegetarian. I only eat chicken and fish meat anyway.

I don't know about going Vegan though. It would be hard to give up dairy.

Moderation. Nothing wrong with eating some meat (particularly if the lean chicken/fish variety...but even the odd burger/steak/bacon won't kill you).

Though most North Americans do indeed eat 'too much' meat. A varied, vegetable rich diet with say 1/2 meals (+/-) with some sort of animal protein is just fine for the vast majority of people.

If more people in North America did that, it would still have a HUGE effect on the environment, health etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Truth be told, I'd have a hard time rushing out into crowds and will be wary for some time of shared spaces/things.  Just how it is.

Personal space has never been so important and I'm ok with that.

The only thing I will really hate is having to give up my Church of Sports.  Ugh.

my gf and I are saying the same thing.........the collective ptsd from this is going to be huge.  Even when it's "safe" to re-emerge, it's going to take us a long time to do it without paranoia.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, BPA said:

But you got Dave Pratt too.  So it's kind of a wash.

Lol.

::D

(Shhh don't tell but I'm one of the few people left on earth who actually still likes Dave Pratt).  I know.  The bar being set at:  "do you like to talk about hockey?".

• Haha 2