The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Here's a little analogy that might help you better understand the situation.....

You're president "Orange man" and you just sh!t your pants.

For several days, you walk around pretending that you don't have a full load in your shorts, even going so far as to tell people that it's actually a very small load, that will probably be gone "like a miracle" by Easter....

A reporter asks you why you didn't change you pants right away and you respond that you quit eating bran muffins long before anyone else stopped eating bran muffins and in spite of the fact that "everybody" was telling you it was a bad idea to stop eating bran muffins. (Because everyone knows that not eating bran muffins will keep you from sh!tting your pants)

Another reporter asks you if you take any responsibility for stinking up the room. You respond by saying no, you don't take any responsibility and that it was a very nasty question and that the person asking is a terrible reporter, unlike the OAN reporter who told you that the smell reminds her of her favorite perfume.

When pressed by the first reporter about why you didn't change your pants right away, you say that it isn't your fault. Obama sh!t your pants long before you started wearing them and it isn't your fault that your pants were full of sh!t when you put them on. You then go on to say that you would have changed your pants much earlier, but you were "too busy" with "the impeachment" hoax. When the reporter points out that you had time to go golfing several times after you sh!t your pants, you again call it a "nasty question" from a "terrible reporter" and wonder out loud why the "Fake News!" media don't appreciate what a "great job" you've done in limiting the amount of sh!t that has ended up in your pants. (you later admit that there is a lot more sh!t in your pants than you originally thought, but you've still done a great job making sure that there wasn't even more sh!t)

Your next action is to stop American companies from selling clean pants to other countries, because you need all the clean pants you can get, especially for Red States where Governors and citizens were convinced that if the president doesn't need to change his sh!tty pants, then they won't need clean pants either.

I hope that clears up the confusion as to why people think "Orange man bad".....

TDS! So much TDS! You didn't mention the sh!t was 'Made in China' along with Trump's MAGA hats & ties and Ivanka's scarves. Now if you read the fine print on any of those quality products you would see that none of the Trumps bear any responsibility whatsoever beyond the sale of the hats/ties/scarves. By extension the same applies to said sh!t. Bottom line read the fine print because it will always say "Trump bears no responsibility whatsoever". 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

culture is a powerful thing. Politics has become a culture as well, we see it here with Canadians that support Trump even though the orange clown is happy to cut off supplies to us. 

I have lot of friends that are Trump supporters, several of them are foreign.

Few are well off and own their businesses, but majority are middle class working to get buy.

What I don’t get is hardcore MAGA crowd, once they get rid of all the blacks, Mexicans, Indians, brown people, Jews etc.

Eventually they will get to rest of us foreigners, none of my friends are Protestants either.

Its mine boggling! 

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Few are well off and own their businesses, but majority are middle class working to get buy.

What I don’t get is hardcore MAGA crowd, once they get rid of all the blacks, Mexicans, Indians, brown people, Jews etc.

Eventually they will get to rest of us foreigners, none of my friends are Protestants either.

Its mine boggling! 

It has nothing to do with race or religion its about self entitlement. Some people have values and ethics which cherish family and "doing the right thing" no matter what and then you have some that "Expect" things and are usually very egotistical as well. Very selfish people, they will step over ANYBODY to get what they want. 

Look at the leaders through all of this and see who is looking after the well being of the people and who has alterial motives. 

Like I said before, their true colors usually come out eventually.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Its mine boggling! 

“I have a lot of friends that are Trump supporters...”

Queue Morgan Freeman-

...and as the conversation continued, Edgar tuned out, knowing very well that the possibility of a future friendship with the man had escaped the room, even before this sentence, was but a thought.

Edited by Me_

8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Interesting that on the news last night they were talking about how times like these, and war, always introduce new government taxes or policies that are meant to be temporary but end up becoming permanent. Such as income tax. 

You must not have been paying attention in Canada.

The liberals have been doing that since they got in power...they were ahead of the curve.

PS: I am not a liberal supporter but they have done well during this pandemic imo.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You must not have been paying attention in Canada.

The liberals have been doing that since they got in power...they were ahead of the curve.

PS: I am not a liberal supporter but they have done well during this pandemic imo.

Especially compared to our Southern counterpart. It seems as if most party lines in Canada has vanished. 

Temporarily.

Should we treat party lines like tax raises?

Nahhhh....

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Here's a little analogy that might help you better understand the situation.....

You're president "Orange man" and you just sh!t your pants.

For several days, you walk around pretending that you don't have a full load in your shorts, even going so far as to tell people that it's actually a very small load, that will probably be gone "like a miracle" by Easter....

A reporter asks you why you didn't change you pants right away and you respond that you quit eating bran muffins long before anyone else stopped eating bran muffins and in spite of the fact that "everybody" was telling you it was a bad idea to stop eating bran muffins. (Because everyone knows that not eating bran muffins will keep you from sh!tting your pants)

Another reporter asks you if you take any responsibility for stinking up the room. You respond by saying no, you don't take any responsibility and that it was a very nasty question and that the person asking is a terrible reporter, unlike the OAN reporter who told you that the smell reminds her of her favorite perfume.

When pressed by the first reporter about why you didn't change your pants right away, you say that it isn't your fault. Obama sh!t your pants long before you started wearing them and it isn't your fault that your pants were full of sh!t when you put them on. You then go on to say that you would have changed your pants much earlier, but you were "too busy" with "the impeachment" hoax. When the reporter points out that you had time to go golfing several times after you sh!t your pants, you again call it a "nasty question" from a "terrible reporter" and wonder out loud why the "Fake News!" media don't appreciate what a "great job" you've done in limiting the amount of sh!t that has ended up in your pants. (you later admit that there is a lot more sh!t in your pants than you originally thought, but you've still done a great job making sure that there wasn't even more sh!t)

Your next action is to stop American companies from selling clean pants to other countries, because you need all the clean pants you can get, especially for Red States where Governors and citizens were convinced that if the president doesn't need to change his sh!tty pants, then they won't need clean pants either.

I hope that clears up the confusion as to why people think "Orange man bad".....

Pretty much in a nutshell

:metal:

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

By the way.

This thread has unexpectedly unified all of us into one big room. 

This community, the CDC community, has been there for each other in this unprecedented time on Earth.

Great crowd and I’m very lucky to be part of here.

Thanks to everyone on this show.

We are all in this together.

Um the post above yours has a physical threat!

I kid, I kid,:lol:

I know @RowdyCanuck is all good 

It's cool to see. Our little CDC, like the leaders of Canada, seem to be understanding each other a bit better.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

By the way.

This thread has unexpectedly unified all of us into one big room. 

This community, the CDC community, has been there for each other in this unprecedented time on Earth.

Great crowd and I’m very lucky to be part of here.

Thanks to everyone on this show.

We are all in this together.

Cheers broseph, in line with that, I bring you:

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

culture is a powerful thing. Politics has become a culture as well, we see it here with Canadians that support Trump even though the orange clown is happy to cut off supplies to us. 

Not that I support Trump and there is certainly enough things to trash him on but there are 68 countries who have heavily restricted there exports and mainly medical equipment yet we only hear about how Trump was doing it. Even a couple days ago Karina Gould told the media that Canada wont be sending medical supplies out to other countries until we know we have enough.  Isnt that what every leader should be doing ?  Making sure there own country is looked after first ?  Looks a bit more of a deflection from the Canadian government to get people angry at Trump instead of admitting that the mistake was made by sending medical equipment to China in the first place that left us short and scrambling to buy more from other countries.

• Cheers 3