The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Why are sailings even running? Shut it down ffs. 

I hoarded a couple of 25lbs weights from our condo building's gym, and I've been using those and doing tons of yoga and early morning runs to the point that in one month I've lost 5lbs, put on muscle, and now I'm getting back into the best shape I've been in in the last decade. I was working out every morning before work before this, but now that I can do it all way more often at home throughout the day, it's really starting to make a huge difference. Of course, going off the wacky about a month before this all started helps more than anything! #covidsilverlining

I'm down about 7 lbs in just under a month and it's mainly due to not eating in the car during my commute.  My eating habits in general are way better now that literally every meal eaten is at home (surprisingly enough I do not miss eating out at all).  I'm going to start the couch to 5K this weekend and see how that goes too.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sadly, I wish this was true but it's not.

Many fit people are falling ill and some are dying.  So it's a bit of a false hope thing...I, too, believe being fit helps (obviously it boosts the immune system, etc.).  But it isn't a guarantee.  

But fitness also is very good for the mental aspect of things and can be a great distraction and coping mechanism.

There's some thought that that having too strong an immune system is killing some people by creating a cytokine storm.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/828091467/why-some-covid-19-patients-crash-the-bodys-immune-system-might-be-to-blame

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

well, I think this is my second go with it........one in late January, which was very bad, and this one which was mild but has been with me for almost a month now.  Perhaps it lays dormant

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm down about 7 lbs in just under a month and it's mainly due to not eating in the car during my commute.  My eating habits in general are way better now that literally every meal eaten is at home (surprisingly enough I do not miss eating out at all).  I'm going to start the couch to 5K this weekend and see how that goes too.

same for me, way less snacking etc, which I do when I am out and about.

I'd say I'm spending about 30% less money as well.  It's the small victories at this point!

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Sweden for example has one of the most progressive governments in Europe and we're not in lockdown, we're just practicing social distancing good hygiene and health, and we're not seeing a significant difference than anywhere else in the world.

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Sweden- 9,685 cases up 544 so far today. 870 deaths up 77 today so far, deaths per million 86   mortality rate 9%

Canada 21,243 cases up 478 so far  today. 531 deaths up 22 today so far, deaths per million 13  mortality rate 2.5%

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Sweden- 9,685 cases up 544 so far today. 870 deaths up 77 today so far, deaths per million 86   mortality rate 9%

Canada 21,243 cases up 478 so far  today. 531 deaths up 22 today so far, deaths per million 13  mortality rate 2.5%

yup, sweden is going to pay a high price for their approach.  I'll be interested to see if those who used them as the example for easing up will admit that it's not working.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you won't listen to our leaders.

Then listen to Canadian Royalty. 

Ones we trusted since we were kids. 

if nothing else, it warmed my heart.  Good to see you my old friends........you've aged well

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you won't listen to our leaders.

Then listen to Canadian Royalty. 

Ones we trusted since we were kids. 

I used to like them on Mr.Dressup but now they come off as a couple of condescending little a-holes. Putting the blame on us, no one told us it was coming.  Whats that $&!# on his face? Looks like he has it, stay in your tree you little a-holes.

Edited by Timbermen
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

I used to like them on Mr.Dressup but now they come off as a couple of condescending little a-holes. Putting the blame on us, no one told us it was coming.  Whats that $&!# on his face? Looks like he has it, stay in your tree you little a-holes.

Watch it buddy, or I might have to get 6'6" feet from you and give you a stern look! No one insults Casey and Finnegan!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No problem. I still get fond memories whenever I hear "Early One Morning" and I stop and look up. Waaaaaaay up. 

They were good back then but they got too famous and it went right to their heads. They are very arrogant now but it happens to most of them, even Kermit the frog, he doesn't even go out with Ms.Piggy any more.

• Haha 1

So odd question. With all these issues on toilet paper, do you think all new home construction is going to make it mandatory that at least one bidet is installed per household? 

I know it's going to take up space. But for the future it might stop panic buying of at least one item then.