The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I've told my parents I won't be coming to visit them until I've either gotten it and recovered, or until this has ended.  They're both elderly and have health issues that would put them at risk regardless.  Fortunately they are well stocked on canned/frozen food anyway and self quarantining won't be a huge lifestyle change anyway.

Please tell your friends what your approach is. Bang on. Simple common sense to protect others. 

Healthy /young people play a big role here to restrict transmission to those at risk.  

Hope more people feel motivated to post their stories of what theyre doing to be proactive. That will save lives.

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I've told my parents I won't be coming to visit them until I've either gotten it and recovered, or until this has ended.  They're both elderly and have health issues that would put them at risk regardless.  Fortunately they are well stocked on canned/frozen food anyway and self quarantining won't be a huge lifestyle change anyway.

I told my parents that too.  They live on an Island, and they agreed to keep their distance, and stay home. 

13 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Partner if it makes you feel better to attack someone giving advice I'm good with that as long as you listen to reasonable advice. Thanks for doing your part. 

I don’t believe anyone asked for your advice, Tex. And I don’t rightfully give two squirrelly (expletive deleted)s how you feel about it either. 

Just now, The Great 8 said:

Oh my, what?! 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ok so the NHL will follow suit shortly.

Young guys you need to be leaders now.  Protect your elders from dying. Promote common sense and hand washing and not congregating in big groups.  Post your stories of what you're doing to help. And please tell your buddies who say they don't care about this to take it seriously.  

We just need to work together until things get better. Will take a while my friends so let's be united to help each other.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thread featured as well. Will be easier to find and makes sense to have one dedicated thread instead of multiple threads on various news and stories.

Perfect response.  Time to talk and have a place to share stories.  This will eventually get better but all authorities are saying it's gonna get worse first.  

Well pandemics have cancelled things before.  The 1919 Stanley Cup Final between Seattle Metropolitans and the Montreal Canadiens was canceled because of influenza.  All but 3 Canadiens players and their manager fell ill.  One of the players died a few days later while another never fully recovered and died a few years later.