The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

He asked a yes or no question....she refused to answer it.A direct question "Did so and so see the brief? Yes or no?" And what he got back was a garbled double speak response that did not answer the question.

I actually thought her answer about how many people entered the country from the Hubei province showed just how much she was going to skate around each answer. The guy quickly gave her the answer to the question of 2000.  To me, that was a pretty straightforward question with a pretty straightforward answer and she still dribbled around it.  I can't see any good  reason not to give the answer herself, imo.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, spur1 said:

WOW...talk about dense...this clown asking the questions is really slow to understand the answers ...guess she should have dumbed it down for him. 

The Liberal and the Conservative are so far down the slimy political hole neither of them can talk like real people.  The swarmy conservative asks question...the swarmy Liberal answers yes in an offhanded way....swarmy conservative continues....etc etc.

Couple of political buffoons.

Edit: perfect example of how "politicians" have let down the entire country. In past days actual people with actual jobs would get involved in politics for the good of their country. Now these swarmy smart mouthed argumentative idiots go get a politics degree and begin their descent into becoming full time "politicians". Gross....

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The Liberal and the Conservative are so far down the slimy political hole neither of them can talk like real people.  The swarmy conservative asks question...the swarmy Liberal answers yes in an offhanded way....swarmy conservative continues....etc etc.

Edit: perfect example of how "politicians" have let down the entire country. In past days actual people with actual jobs would get involved in politics for the good of their country. Now these swarmy smart mouthed argumentative idiots go get a politics degree and begin their descent into becoming full time "politicians". Gross....

Comparing Freeland to Poilievre (who is arguably the most condescending, unempathetic, and disgusting Canadian politician of all time) is the worst insult you could give, and it's unwarranted.

She's one of the best and most genuine politicians in government right now, and she did answer his question, just not how he wanted it answered. She's not smarmy, she's savvy. All Poilievre was trying to do was frame a narrative that the Liberals have mishandled this pandemic from the start. Don't blame her for not buying into their perceived narrative, blame the Conservatives for trying to play politics during the crisis. Have you not seen that Scheer still wants MPs to sit as usual during all this? They don't care about people like they try to make it seem, they care about the economy first and foremost.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I think that's a bit harsh...

This is how politics is done. Someone on one side of the aisle asks a loaded question, designed to make someone (or someones) on the other side look bad and in turn, that person skates around the question, giving a half answer, if any answer at all. This has been going on since the Greeks established the first democratic system.

Sure the whole thing is slimy, but it's the way things work, no matter how much we might want every politician to answer every question with complete honesty, even if it scores political points for the other side.

As far as I'm concerned, any questions about "why didn't you do this?", or "why did you listen to these people?", are Monday morning quarterbacking and less than useless. If it makes you feel better criticizing one politician or another for not being able to predict the future, knock yourself out. But bear in mind, you're doing nobody any good.

• Cheers 1

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Found this article to be informative without some of the useless political bashing.

Partial quote below:

Self Isolation has led many to delve into crackpot theories that go from man-made viruses to spread of infections via 5G cell phone towers. Now, those that are rational are already asking the right questions and seeking legit sources of information…but more and more people are losing it. Feel free to use the information in this story to educate your friends. This pandemic is stressful enough without people confabulating nonsense!

I’ve found that people “listen” more if you have credentials, so while I’m not a fan of throwing letters at people…here are mine. I have a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Medicine from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. I did my postdoctoral work at MIT and am now an Associate Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Utah .

He goes on to discuss some of the theories and why they are not supported.  

• Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Me_ said:

UFC president Dana White is also part of the reopen America team...

Maybe it’ll become acceptable to tackle flouters of regulations...

Trump just added Vince McMahan too.  I guess he likes people who claim bankruptcy. 
Donald Trump:

E221F463-3A83-44D9-B7C3-B9C77E7C45D4.gif

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Sounds like Russia is going to be the next US in this. Yikes. 

Whatever you may think of Poutine....he's a real dictator.  Bone Spurs is a dictator wannabe without the cajones.  Poutine just has to keep the oligarchs 'in line'.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, skategal said:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Found this article to be informative without some of the useless political bashing.

Partial quote below:

Self Isolation has led many to delve into crackpot theories that go from man-made viruses to spread of infections via 5G cell phone towers. Now, those that are rational are already asking the right questions and seeking legit sources of information…but more and more people are losing it. Feel free to use the information in this story to educate your friends. This pandemic is stressful enough without people confabulating nonsense!

I’ve found that people “listen” more if you have credentials, so while I’m not a fan of throwing letters at people…here are mine. I have a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Medicine from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. I did my postdoctoral work at MIT and am now an Associate Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Utah .

He goes on to discuss some of the theories and why they are not supported.  

Good article. Thanks for posting.

I thought the really interesting bit was how they can trace the origins of the virus and have determined that most of the NY cases came from Europe, a month before Trump imposed his partial travel ban.

Pretty much blows his "I was the only one who banned China" defense out of the water....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

I've lived in the UK since 2003 and the salads certainly are lacking. Even if you get some salad on your plate there very likely won't be any dressing offered to go with it. Other than that the food scene here is as good and flavourful as pretty much anywhere else. The beefs tastes very different here compared to Canada. We're used to it now but we are a lot of chicken the first 3 years we were here. 

yeah it seemed like vegetables exist in the UK to get lamb on your plate, but they were absent after that :lol: Ireland was a great place to visit tho, would certainly go back. 

• Cheers 1

Sooo.....apparently the conservative media has a new target.....

According to various "personalities", including Laura Ingraham, Roger Stone and Diamond and Silk (whoever TF that is) Bill Gates has an ulterior motive in helping with a vaccine for COVID-19.

Depending on the source, Gates wants to either "track" users of the vaccine, or kill them outright.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trumpists-believe-bill-gates-is-using-coronavirus-to-implant-brain-chips/ar-BB12IZnS?li=AAggFp5

This iswhat you get for committing 100 million dollars of your own money to try and help people.....:rolleyes:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

Jeebus....people can't be THAT dumb can they?

edit:  "Protests in Michigan, North Carolina, and Kentucky now."  Darwinism at work.  Hope they don't infect too many people not party to their moronic behavior.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Trump hinting at easing border restrictions into Canada.

How about no?   Not yet for sure.

Trump doesn't get to dictate who gets into Canada.   Unless he's thinks USA already conquered Canada.

• Thanks 1