The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sooo.....apparently the conservative media has a new target.....

According to various "personalities", including Laura Ingraham, Roger Stone and Diamond and Silk (whoever TF that is) Bill Gates has an ulterior motive in helping with a vaccine for COVID-19.

Depending on the source, Gates wants to either "track" users of the vaccine, or kill them outright.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trumpists-believe-bill-gates-is-using-coronavirus-to-implant-brain-chips/ar-BB12IZnS?li=AAggFp5

This iswhat you get for committing 100 million dollars of your own money to try and help people.....:rolleyes:

He has been working on depopulation of this planet for years.

Soros is in on it and it’s all part of the NWO.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Trump hinting at easing border restrictions into Canada.

How about no?   Not yet for sure.

thankfully we have to agree to any re-opeining schedule. There's really nowhere for US tourists to go anyway, and many of them will be broke, so I can't see there being a big rush happening anytime soon. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sooo.....apparently the conservative media has a new target.....

According to various "personalities", including Laura Ingraham, Roger Stone and Diamond and Silk (whoever TF that is) Bill Gates has an ulterior motive in helping with a vaccine for COVID-19.

Depending on the source, Gates wants to either "track" users of the vaccine, or kill them outright.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trumpists-believe-bill-gates-is-using-coronavirus-to-implant-brain-chips/ar-BB12IZnS?li=AAggFp5

This iswhat you get for committing 100 million dollars of your own money to try and help people.....:rolleyes:

When did the conservatives decide that wearing a "I'm with stupid" badge was the right thing? anti-science conservatism is just bizarre. Science isn't political, math works the same way for everyone. 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thankfully we have to agree to any re-opeining schedule. There's really nowhere for US tourists to go anyway, and many of them will be broke, so I can't see there being a big rush happening anytime soon. 

My worry is that many come to buy much cheaper prescription medicines here....as much as I love our neighbours, that puts a strain on our supply.  

It's true...if they open up the borders it really undermines all that we're doing.  Sort of makes it pointless.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skategal said:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Found this article to be informative without some of the useless political bashing.

Partial quote below:

Self Isolation has led many to delve into crackpot theories that go from man-made viruses to spread of infections via 5G cell phone towers. Now, those that are rational are already asking the right questions and seeking legit sources of information…but more and more people are losing it. Feel free to use the information in this story to educate your friends. This pandemic is stressful enough without people confabulating nonsense!

I’ve found that people “listen” more if you have credentials, so while I’m not a fan of throwing letters at people…here are mine. I have a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Medicine from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. I did my postdoctoral work at MIT and am now an Associate Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Utah .

He goes on to discuss some of the theories and why they are not supported.  

Fantastic article

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Broke tourists, heh....is that polite way of calling them refugees? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

That would be Scotland! A friend of mine is from Edinburgh and you can get a slice of pizza battered and fried. Crazy! Deep fried Mars bars on the other hand are quite tasty.

I tried Haggis when I was there last year.  It wasn't bad at all.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dustbin said:

Leaked US Homeland Security modelling suggests the coronavirus death rate could end up at 0.12 per cent – but with 160 million infections. https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6874-fema-coronavirus-projections/1e16b74eea9e302d8825/optimized/full.pdf

And I'm sure a lot of people see  0.12%!!! what's the worry?

and over look 0.12% of 160 million is 192,000 people which sin't too far off from the projections we've heard

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

And I'm sure a lot of people see  0.12%!!! what's the worry?

and over look 0.12% of 160 million is 192,000 people which sin't too far off from the projections we've heard

That's the death rate.  But many who survive will have long-term damage to their internal organs.  Good thing for Donnie-universal-healthcare right?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's the death rate.  But many who survive will have long-term damage to their internal organs.  Good thing for Donnie-universal-healthcare right?

Oh, I know.  My post was to point out some of the "let's get back at er" supporters will point to this 0.12% because it sounds small.  Well really, it's modelling 192,000 deaths which isn't too different from a lot of the models out there

• Upvote 2