The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

25 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think one of the biggest reason of the perceived mismanagement is the sheer size of our country; 9.985 million square kilometres with a population of 37 million people. 

There is a sense of invincibility that comes with having the second biggest country in the world but with a population density of less than four people per square kilometre.

South Korea has 51 million people packed in 100,210 square kilometres.

Imagine being in a country three times the size of Vancouver Island, with 50+ million people. The sense of urgency in such a place Has to be much more elevated than in Canada.

Our sense of invincibility also comes from going through two world wars.

“It happens over there; not here.”

I think Canadians are under a National illusion unlike most places on Earth; a semi-free enterprise ruling body that offers universal rights like no other place. 

We’re comfortable. I blame no one.

Perhaps we’ll be ready next time around. 

There is a much simpler explanation. Taiwan keeps a close watch on communist China and does not trust them as far as it could throw them. So does South Korea. When you live next to the troll under the bridge, it is a good idea to know what it is up to. Our prime minister views communist China as his favourite form of that he admires, something to reflect on in this nation’s shutdown and why it happened: https://torontosun.com/2013/11/08/trudeau-admires-chinas-basic-dictatorship/wcm/72d62ec4-e0f4-4720-bb18-d998f445630c

• Cheers 2

On 4/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, CBH1926 said:

Culinary scene has improved in England over the last 20-30 years.

It was known as culinary wasteland, Ireland, Germany and Scandinavia followed very closely.

I was born in Ireland, so I know full well.

Mam always wondered why the family dog was so fat. 
Dogs will eat anything. Yeesh.:blush:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

There is a much simpler explanation. Taiwan keeps a close watch on communist China and does not trust them as far as it could throw them. So does South Korea. When you live next to the troll under the bridge, it is a good idea to know what it is up to. Our prime minister views communist China as his favourite form of that he admires, something to reflect on in this nation’s shutdown and why it happened: https://torontosun.com/2013/11/08/trudeau-admires-chinas-basic-dictatorship/wcm/72d62ec4-e0f4-4720-bb18-d998f445630c

Isn’t that just more blame though?

If we want our cars, computers, mobiles, toys, clothes, some of our foods, and pretty much 90% of what we use today, our Prime Minister MUST pet The Tiger the right way. 

Its politics. In no way is Trudeau good pals with Xi.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Strange this is dragged up; just when having more power to order and enforce isolation/quarantine would probably be better.

Which is just what JT was alluding to. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

That's so ridiculous........of course he has to maintain good relations with china........we depend on them, as does everyone else.  That's diplomacy.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure the whole thing is slimy, but it's the way things work, no matter how much we might want every politician to answer every question with complete honesty, even if it scores political points for the other side. able to predict the future, knock yourself out. But bear in mind, you're doing nobody any good.

Your bolded says it all.

All us normal people have pretty much given up and accept just slimy grease balls are in politics and that is why our country is in the situation it is.

No normal people would put up with the constant lying and backstabbing they do every day on the job. Pathetic.

Bear in mind, you accepting it is doing nobody any good.

• Thanks 1

I hope after this crisis, the Federal and Provincial governments can come up with a National strategy for the next pandemic.  Learn from mistakes.  Learn best practices used here and from other countries. 

9 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Fat orange turd's handlers will tell orange it won't happen like they did when orange said US troops would be on the amurikan border and when orange said the US would open by easter. Yep...neither happened. Haha...the orange donkey probably threw a fit in his room.

At least orange's handler's grew some balls since the beginning of this pandemic when orange screwed his fellow amurikans by doing nothing causing thousands of extra dead amurikans.

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thanks Sonoman

I actually was at Costco at 930 this morning......same line up

a friend told me they are going about 730 pm and its pretty clear

I waited and went in......LOL, and they did not have the shoes I wanted...

Teaches me, I could have of picked them up just before this covid started happening

Cheers

Did you buy any groceries or go just for the shoes? :ph34r:

6 hours ago, bree2 said:

sad, you never like to see any life lost, 

I'm ok with inmates dying.  

Thin out the herd of thieves, rapists, and killers. Covid could lower the crime rate.

Edit: sorry you feel that way Bree. The thieves have gone nuts since covid and the crime rate for break and enters and thefts has gone up 125% because these low lives are all taking advantage of covid and breaking into business's that had to shut down.

Your sympathy is not placed well this time I believe.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, this argument is hilarious. What is the problem with people that cohabitate shopping together?

Agreed. It makes no sense.

The one trumpeting that argument is an alarmist....so no surprise they yelled and cried about it.

25 minutes ago, BPA said:

Trump completes reversal, telling govs 'you are going to call your own shots' and distributes new guidelines

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/16/politics/donald-trump-reopening-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html

3 phase approach to opening up the economy. 

Orange turd's handlers changed fatboyz mind again. Big surprise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I agree to a certain extent but wasn't there also supposed to be lessons learned from SARS? I guess that didn't really happen. Maybe next time?

It was like within the first two week's of the outbreak here hospitals were already rationing masks.

I also feel the need to criticize our government because objective journalism from the main stream media is dead in this country and has been for a while mostly only for certain people or party's.

It's almost like the people that own MSM also own our Prime Minister. Stark contrast to what is currently going on in the states.

10 minutes ago, BPA said:

I hope after this crisis, the Federal and Provincial governments can come up with a National strategy for the next pandemic.  Learn from mistakes.  Learn best practices used here and from other countries. 

They will.

But typically the plan lasts for about 4 years as it costs a lot to stay on top of the plan.

Then they start dismantling it as it saves a few bucks so they can tell the voters they reduced spending.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Laser Canuck said:

I agree to a certain extent but wasn't there also supposed to be lessons learned from SARS? I guess that didn't really happen. Maybe next time?

It was like within the first two week's of the outbreak here hospitals were already rationing masks.

I also feel the need to criticize our government because objective journalism from the main stream media is dead in this country and has been for a while mostly only for certain people or party's.

It's almost like the people that own MSM also own our Prime Minister. Stark contrast to what is currently going on in the states.

Objective journalism is far from dead.  We have many credible, balanced, objective organizations.  I guess it just depends on where you're looking at it from I guess.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, spur1 said:

Logistics. I will dumb it down. Space. The extra shoppers take up space and reduce the number of shoppers actually shopping. 

Hmmm. In that vein fat people or slow people shouldn't be allowed to shop either.

I get that you don't want families and such but 2 adult people should be capable of entering a store and practicing social distancing. Whether it means separating often while gathering items or in the face of others, and/or  reconvening periodically for information swapping, this should be doable for civilians.

How many people really feel the need to shop in pairs is what I'm really wondering. I rarely see it where I live but we all just keep our distance easy as can be. It's really not that hard to avoid a shopper in a shopping store because there size has doubled. It's a pretty slow moving game. :lol: