The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ideas people! Ideas!

We have a plethora of super brains in here, addicted to statistics and the passion of the game. Only this time, the game is a life and death survival program with no end in sight.

Heres a great idea:

Engineers are Converting Old Shipping Containers into Mobile ICUs

Good idea. Maybe they could use them for homeless housing units. Could easily make two units per container. They can even be stacked. The only people we treat worse than the old folks in the care homes are the homeless. That being said the for the most part the homeless don’t treat themselves that great either. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Good idea. Maybe they could use them for homeless housing units. Could easily make two units per container. They can even be stacked. The only people we treat worse than the old folks in the care homes are the homeless. That being said the for the most part the homeless don’t treat themselves that great either. 

Been saying that for a long time. 

It was always deemed “uncreative” by architects. There are MILLIONS of these containers. And millions of others are unused.

But it’s not “safe”. Which is synonymous with “I don’t want to be responsible should something go wrong”.

43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sorry but that is unrealistic. Small business is the heart of BC.

If current small business is wiped out... to much expertise will be forever lost.  It will not simply be rebuilt. 

Many small businesses are simply a make work project or should I say avoid work project for the owners and are not needed. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

It amazes me how some people get caught up in the fear mongering.  My buddy was in tears the other day at work because customers weren't social distancing in our parking lot.  Considering our counter is closed and we only do phone in orders he was really freaking out over nothing. One of the best moves I did was to delete Facebook.  Far too many people losing their minds. 

We all need to go forward with our lives.  Practice the social distancing but do not get caught up in the breaking news crap.  Yes, people will die, but that is no reason to curl up into a ball.  The mental health damage from COVID-19 will be much more long lasting than the virus, especially when the bankruptcy's and foreclosures pile up.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

It was always deemed “uncreative” by architects. There are MILLIONS of these containers. And millions of others are unused.

But it’s not “safe”. Which is synonymous with “I don’t want to be responsible should something go wrong”.

Sounds like they are too stupid to add another door or window to make them safer. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

It amazes me how some people get caught up in the fear mongering.  My buddy was in tears the other day at work because customers weren't social distancing in our parking lot.  Considering our counter is closed and we only do phone in orders he was really freaking out over nothing. One of the best moves I did was to delete Facebook.  Far too many people losing their minds. 

We all need to go forward with our lives.  Practice the social distancing but do not get caught up in the breaking news crap.  Yes, people will die, but that is no reason to curl up into a ball.  The mental health damage from COVID-19 will be much more long lasting than the virus, especially when the bankruptcy's and foreclosures pile up.

Absolutely 

19 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Thats the reason why, no one wants the liability.  There are some pretty cool setups I have seen around the world.  

I have actually looked and thought about putting a couple on my property as a rental house but I don't want to give up the soccer field I am currently trying to level lol.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

This is just practice for the coming collapse caused by climate change. The ones being foreclosed and going bankrupt now will be the same, as they are not really essential. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Yeah I noticed that. Have they even reported 1300 new cases over the last two weeks?

CCP added a bunch this morning because people died at home and weren’t counted until now.

I don’t believe their numbers at all. Add a few zeros... 

5 hours ago, gurn said:

virus returns to China?

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

China    82,692 cases up 351

deaths 4,632 up  1,290

Weeks of two or thee a day, now this?

As been said.....earlier numbers from the Communists in charge were a fabrication.  No different from the likely other problem to emerge in Russia.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

There is a much simpler explanation. Taiwan keeps a close watch on communist China and does not trust them as far as it could throw them. So does South Korea. When you live next to the troll under the bridge, it is a good idea to know what it is up to. Our prime minister views communist China as his favourite form of that he admires, something to reflect on in this nation’s shutdown and why it happened: https://torontosun.com/2013/11/08/trudeau-admires-chinas-basic-dictatorship/wcm/72d62ec4-e0f4-4720-bb18-d998f445630c

I always assumed that Taiwan and S. Korea would have very well developed plans in place to deal with bio warfare in the event it was used against them. PPE equipment in strategic supply and methods of following infections and then dealing with it. They also probably have a level of training for such events that far exceeds anything seen in NA.  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Laser Canuck said:

Please show me the criticism from MSM on our PM doing practically nothing until it was far to late.

This is the one story I could find and I guess you can say he did do something,

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-faces-criticism-for-sending-16-tonnes-of-personal-protective/

I really want to be wrong on this. 

Your talking about a country that allowed a governing party, in essence, nationalize the media with $600 million taxpayer dollars. Combine that with the $1.5 billion the disgraceful CBC gets. In fairness the National Post and the G&M have ran recent stories about Chinese lies about the virus and the WHO complicity in those lies. 

• Thanks 1