Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

 

 

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

Talking about the small percentage of the people who are obviously not caring.

 

People have needs. Absolutely. And 90%-99% are with the program.

 

But the ones who are flouting rules because the rules are inconvenient, are also the one who usually don’t give two s**ts about anything else.

 

Those are the ones to be called out just like people would call out a man beating his wife in public or a kid getting bullied. 
 

Their rights stop where others’ start.
 

And if the rule is 1 person at a time, perhaps there ought to be exceptions with papers that do say that assistance is a need; like a right to park in a handicap zone.

 

Are you that desperate to sell something?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this is how my self isolation is going :P

 

Theres a clip in there that should remind you of a recent Canucks goal that you all should remember. If I noticed before I uploaded the video I would have added the actual goal to the video

 

 

Edited by Brock Botanen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what happens when you don't believe in social distancing because it infringes on your freedom:

 

Quote

The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/politics/republican-governors-stay-at-home-coronavirus/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0VBYPuXWEAfRd9_Ck1hZRIccOJUQrpJjEc_fSHGjdcfm4_yeot7B9-n1A

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My grocery run yesterday: On the drive there I saw a group of young kids being kids, no social distance; two women on a walk, no distance; main street full of cars; hardware store with security limiting entry and yes the lot was pretty full; Extra Foods: lot about half full but people visiting on the lot, no limit to entry, no sanitizer except at checkout, people generally maintaining distance, some employees with gloves but most without. 

 

Many people do not seem to be able to function in isolation. A large number of people have completing the necessaries of life like shopping as their social life. Especially older folks. Surprising number of people don't have the capacity to understand their risks. I am in a rural community and many people will not take the virus seriously unless it impacts them directly. 

 

Big news from a NYC doctor who was saying he was losing 80% of the patients he put on a ventilator. He realized patients needed oxygen and not forced air. He is now advocating CPAP machines with oxygen and having patients moved from one side to the other. 

  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Trump now saying, "It's up to the states to decide how and when they bring things back to normal", I have two thoughts. Didn't he just say a day or two ago that he would make the decision? And, I think he might be setting the states become a scapegoat for when it doesn't succeed. If it blows up in, let's say, Florida, then he can say, "Well the Governor there really made a huge mistake, it wasn't me!".

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wloutet said:

With Trump now saying, "It's up to the states to decide how and when they bring things back to normal", I have two thoughts. Didn't he just say a day or two ago that he would make the decision? And, I think he might be setting the states become a scapegoat for when it doesn't succeed. If it blows up in, let's say, Florida, then he can say, "Well the Governor there really made a huge mistake, it wasn't me!".

His handlers realized they politicize it by tweeting to "liberate" these states and get his nutjob followers to protest.

 

I think Civil War, Part Deux is on its way down there.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wloutet said:

With Trump now saying, "It's up to the states to decide how and when they bring things back to normal", I have two thoughts. Didn't he just say a day or two ago that he would make the decision? And, I think he might be setting the states become a scapegoat for when it doesn't succeed. If it blows up in, let's say, Florida, then he can say, "Well the Governor there really made a huge mistake, it wasn't me!".

That's exactly what I thought.  He's all over the map and his one goal is to do things his way without accepting any responsibility if/when it goes wrong.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was talking to a friend last night and he had a thought regarding a potential treatment:

If alcohol kills the COVID, why not try inhaling alcohol through a vaporizer. Might keep the lungs clearer, help kill the virus.

 

I though about it, and on the surface it seems logical. But how and where do you get a hold of somebody that would actually know if it has a chance or not?

  • Wat 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

I was talking to a friend last night and he had a thought regarding a potential treatment:

If alcohol kills the COVID, why not try inhaling alcohol through a vaporizer. Might keep the lungs clearer, help kill the virus.

 

I though about it, and on the surface it seems logical. But how and where do you get a hold of somebody that would actually know if it has a chance or not?

That's a good idea but it may cause more harm than good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

His handlers realized they politicize it by tweeting to "liberate" these states and get his nutjob followers to protest.

 

I think Civil War, Part Deux is on its way down there.

Who knows with Civil War, but I can't see how those tweets aren't considered treasonous?  He's literally advocating for the overthrow of the governments in those states.  In my books that's treason.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Who knows with Civil War, but I can't see how those tweets aren't considered treasonous?  He's literally advocating for the overthrow of the governments in those states.  In my books that's treason.

No argument here, but this is treason case #7654 in his 4 years

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Who knows with Civil War, but I can't see how those tweets aren't considered treasonous?  He's literally advocating for the overthrow of the governments in those states.  In my books that's treason.

Ironically, he's committed no less than 17 acts of potential treason by the laws since taking power.  But those most staunchly behind the 2nd amendment, defend him.  They defend him while defending the same amendment that was written to ensure people like him never took or held power.

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I wouldn't know, but I do wonder if maybe it would work. If so how and to who, do you pass the idea to?

I'd imagine this would go very bad.  Alcohol kills all types of cells.  The reason hand sanitizer doesn't screw up our hands horribly is because the outer layers of our skin is comprised of a lot of already dead skills cells.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd imagine this would go very bad.  Alcohol kills all types of cells.  The reason hand sanitizer doesn't screw up our hands horribly is because the outer layers of our skin is comprised of a lot of already dead skills cells.

As I said, I would not know, but wonder if the actual medical folk would consider the idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

I wouldn't know, but I do wonder if maybe it would work. If so how and to who, do you pass the idea to?

I honestly feel there are so many things that alcohol does in a bad way to the body, like killing oxygen rich blood cells and promoting dehydration.

 

Just not sure...I've seen the effects on a liver (worked in an alcohol/drug centre years ago).  Healthy liver looks just like....liver.  Someone who'd died from sclerosis had a liver that was a shrivelled, hard, rock looking thing.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...